I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday!!
All I can say is that the running part of the race itself, sucked for me. It was humid hot, but the worst part is I hurt. I knew going into this that I just needed to run how I felt. I was still struggling with the S.S.L.S(serious shredded leg syndrome). My legs felt fine during the warm up. Then the race started and my legs began to decline every mile thereafter. They were very tight and on the last mile coming back over the Lake Woodlands over pass I felt a sharp pain that stopped me in my tracks. I tried stretching out the right calf and it did not even come close to helping. I really just wanted to get pulled off the course. I just did not know how the hell to get pulled off the course without collapsing or sumfin. I had 1/2 mile left so I walked and ran in an awkward form to get to the finish line. I finished up and saw Lil' Buster who had a huge PR on the 1 mile run. I limped around to see my Strive teammates and my family who had done the 3 mile walk. I was thankful to be surrounded by friends and family. Thanks surf sitah, Misty for hanging back with me that first mile.Run Thru The Woods 5 Mile Run
58:09.9 (11:38)
Action shot, thanks Coach Bill
Lil' Buster finishing strong
The familia after the 3 mile walk
Me & Papi before the race
I limped Thursday and Friday. It was painful to put weight on my right leg. Going up the stairs was a one legged hop since I could not point the the to flex up to the next step. I went for a massage Saturday and I am all bruised up from the therapist digging deep to loosen the knots that are keeping the calf muscle in a continuous contraction. The massage therapist said she has never seen so much inflammation and knots that will not loosen up. I have been taking some muscle relaxers, ibuprofen, and doing cold compresses, warm baths, and resting the culprit leg. I have another massage scheduled Thursday to see if I can get this tightness out. I try to stretch it but it feels like nothing is loosing it up. I need to listen to it now and not push it to a serious injury. If you have ever had some issue like this let me know what helped please....Tuesday's Workout:
Rest
Wednesday's Workout:
1hr. spin class
1hr. spin class
Thursday's Workout:
Run Thru The Woods 5 Mile Run
Run Thru The Woods 5 Mile Run
Friday's Workout:
worked 2 Spin classes just did warm up/cool down
worked 2 Spin classes just did warm up/cool down
Saturday's Workout:
Rest
Rest
Sunday's Workout:
Rest
Rest
36 comments:
Hey great job! Sometimes our legs just really aren't with it. Sounds like yours just need some rest, and what better time than the off season :)
Nice job on the 5miler. I agree with Molly's comment. Some days are just better than others. I love all the pics.
Congrats to your sis!
Great job on the run, i hope that you get that tightness out! Hopefully the rest will help your next massage appt... keeping my fingers crossed!
Maybe you need some extra rest days. You've been crazy busy with the spinning and such.
Good job on the 5miler. :-)
Great job on getting through that race. I hope that leg is feeling better soon! And, congrats to Lil Buster for his PR...he looks really speedy out there!!!
Sorry to hear that the leg cramped up on you! Hope it loosens up soon!
Congrats to your sis and future bro in law!
. I just did not know how the hell to get pulled off the course without collapsing or sumfin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOL ya nothing you can do at that point but just finish it...
way to go and get it done, get some rest & recover well Viv ...Congrats!!
Great job! If your too hot and humid down there, come to michigan for a day and i'm pretty sure you will be happy with where you are! Its freeeeziiinggg here!
Wow, way to get through the race!! I wish I knew what might help with the calf but I don't. I'd probably do what you're already doing. I hope it loosens up soon.
Congrats to your sista!
OUCH! Sounds painful. I've never had anything like that happen to me, but ice/heat/ibuprofen/massage sounds like the right thing to do.
Congrats to your sis and future bro-in-law. They look so cute in their red sweaters.
Nice job Mommacita!!
Now go get yourself a bottle of Grey Goose, drink that down and you won't feel a thing. I kid! Dang girl sounds painful :-( I don't know what to tell you.
CONGRATS to both your sister and LB for bustin out that PR! WHOOO HOO!!
great job on the run and CONGRATS TO YOUR SISTER!
Ive done many things so far in live and my marriage/marrying is by far one of the best.
Sometimes we just gotta take whatever is offered up.
That said, I have no idea where the "action" shot takes place, but you look like you are flyin'
Good job, great race! I looked for you at the Woodlands Running Club tent, but you had already gone...oh well, next time...great pics!
Take care of those legs!! Hopefully the massage will help, it should. Nice job on the 5.
Congratulations to your sister! How exciting.
Congrats on getting the job done with the 5 miler. I know its easy when your legs aren't cooperating with you. Maybe a trip to a jacuzzi or a massage therapist should do the wonder !!! Congrats to your sis and your future brother in law.
Congrats on finishing the race and I'm sorry to hear the leg is still giving you problems. I hope the massage helped and it will loosen up soon!
Great job on the 5-miler! Sux that your body didn't want to cooperate! And L'il Buster is chasing mama down! I love it!!
take care of that leg. better to take a few days off now, then to take a month off later.
Hmmm wonder what the funk is up with ur legs...weird. anyway, good job on toughing it out. congrats to lil buster on his PR and to your sis on her engagement!!!!
Glad you had a great family-filled holiday, Viv! Hope those legs loosen up soon.
Oh Viv, oh no! So sorry to hear about your leg! It sounds like you are doing everything right, so hopefully it will relax soon. Massage is key, although ART has helped me a lot when I've had knots that just have refused to go away.
Your action shot from the race is awesome Viv! You look like you are seriously trucking along!
Sorry to hear about your legs hon! I hate when I feel good, but my body parts feel funky!
Great job!
Hey you, glad you were able to finish. Sorry about your leg though. 2 weeks ago I totally tweeked my calf doing seated calf raises. I limped for a few day and thought I was in major trouble. A week later it was almost completely back to normal. I hope the same goes for you!!
you did more than I did!
Sorry to hear that your legs are still giving you trouble, Viv.
Great job on finishing the race. You look so fit and strong in that action picture. Love it!
And, Congrats to Buster on his PR!!
Feel better soon Vivie!!
We need to play catch up. I miss you to peices!
great job on the race!!! i hope the legs are feeling better soon!
YAYYY for your sister!
Great job on toughing out the 5 miler! Rest up and give your body time to heal. You deserve it. :o)
Hope your leg is all the way better soon - way to get through that race! Congratulations to your sister. Weddings are so much fun.
THat sounds totally painful! gah!! and the massage probably would have killed me!! Nice job finishing it out, sorry about the pain though!! Hope you are feeling better! Lil Buster is so cute! Yay for the PR!
Would you believe I have nothing interesting to say about Daniel Craig... drool.
I can't help you with the calf stuff. Have you tried calf stretches? (My man has calf issues this is what he does. Anyway, rest and relaxation is sure to help.)
Get rid of those crapy "new and improved shoes" and see if you can find your old Asics at Road Runner Sports on line.
That is one awesome running picture girl!! Congrats on your run! I had a few problems like that last fall and it seemed to work itself out with enough rest and stretching. :>)
You are a workout machine! Good job on the 5 miler.
Nothing like a good massage..
Keep up the good running!
:)
Awe, congrats to your sis! Bout time. ;)
Glad that you are running again.
Post a Comment