- Why has Grey's Anatomy jumped the shark? Who cares why it has. I took it off the DVR list. My downtime is valuable people.
- Why every time I want a Starbucks by my gym they are always closed with reasons such as remodel, no water supply, no coffee, no electricity? No worries here either. There is a Starbucks in the same shopping center inside the Kroger. Park the car and walk your lazy ass into Starbucks, what a concept.
- Why every time I go to the post office and try to ship my own package the guy behind the counter claims I did not put enough postage on it? Actually follow directions, Viv. I have had problems with following directions for years on end...When the computer screen prompts, is your package thicker that 3/8 of an inch? Look at it and say yes versus no if it is.
- Why did Sirius rename 1/2 of their stations to XM names? To confuse me obviously. They still kept Lithium which rocks and my Howard 100. They did add an XM station Pop 2K and who does not like singing aloud with Fergie..."I be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness. He's my witness oh wieee".
- Why is every store, from grocery store, to Target, and malls already packed with people shopping for the holiday season? Plan ahead so I don't have to go to the store a zillion times a week. I made a list and went to Wal-Mart after my evening Spin class. That means the freaks are out. I walk fast in the parking lot, looking all around and consider everyone is a suspect. I also have my key ready to stab someone if they approach me. I also realize this makes me appear like a suspicious freak, but I got the shopping done with no ton o' people. Christmas shopping will be done online....
- What in the world do I wear for Shane's holiday party that can make me look 10lbs thinner, besides loosing 10lbs? I went shopping for dresses and everything was sleeveless. I go sleeveless when I run and that is all. I found a skirt that I will pair with a black sweater and hope that the motto simple is elegant I have learned from too much Bravo is really true.
- Why do I still watch "The Hills"? I started watching Lauren's drama since Laguna Beach. I am hooked now, that simple. I'll probably follow that show till Lauren is in The Pines, a retirement community.
- Why do I get sleepy everyday at 3 in the afternoon? I think 3PM is my downtime. The time I have finished my house duties, errands, workouts. It is also the time I get to watch my DVR'd Jeopardy. Hmmmm, could it be the Jeopardy??
- Why do I bother making the bed at 8 in the evening? A made bed is always more inviting.
- Why does watching "The Biggest Loser" make me hungry? Maybe subconsciously I think I am not that big, even though some of them now weigh less than me. Or it is just my evening snack time.
Why do some SPIN class participants stare at me waiting for me to say something magical? I think they could just be in a zone or they are trying to mimic my cadence. It could be I really don't speak a lot while cycling, besides instruction, form cues, scattered motivation, I tend to allow the class to find their own zone. Who needs me to be yapping over the microphone.
- Why can other fitness instructors do so much, like run marathons one day and teach aqua or a step class the next day while I turn into a piece of leg fatigued shit after 10 miles? There it is, the one that really bothered me....
Coach K told me, "Don't worry about them." For me it was easier said than done. It usually does not hit me until I do a running race and I have to scroll, scroll, and scroll some more to the bottom of my age group. Or, like when my boss runs the same 10 miler as me then teaches the Spin class I subbed out for the following day because I knew it would be too much for me. This morning on my run I played out in my head an exchange between Lil' Buster and Shane. Lil' Buster was upset about his handwriting in this writing journal that goes around in class. He claims a few kids handwriting are better than his. This really upset him and he began to cry. Shane consoled him, and let him know everyone is different. You just worry about writing the best you can every time. Just worry about being the best you can be every time. That is it for me. I am doing the best I can with what I am capable of at this time. 18 months ago I donated a monthly fee to a gym to I guess say, I belonged to a gym. Now the gyms, they pay me. I am running, cycling, and swimming and seeing improvements, but even more so I am enjoying my newly found active lifestyle. I repeat to myself when in doubt, just be the best I can be every time....
Wednesday's Workout:
AM 1hr. Spin Class
PM 1hr. Spin Class 30/30 drills
Thursday's Workout:
Run 4 miles recovery (12:02)
*maybe swim


18 comments:
You make me laugh and inspire me in the same post. Keep up the good work chica!!
You're awesome.. love your Starbucks answer :D
LOL at the pines :)
i love how i can go out for a run and answer my own questions too - great thinking time!
"Just worry about being the best you can be every time."
I need to follow this advice myself.. good post.
I love the answers!
Oooooh....
When I run with Ms. G. we get really quiet when it gets hard...
But I"d totally stare to freak you out.
LOVE the outfit! And the shoes look hot :) Have fun!
I love Jeopardy!
I like your answer to the last question. I need to do that more often too.
I'm proud of you, Viv.
Oh no..no..no...I don't care if they jumped the shark or not, an hour staring into McDreamy's eyes makes it all worth it!
I agree about the made bed. To me, if the dish washer is unloaded, the bed is made and the floors are free of debris, the house feels clean.
Also, Sirius and XM made their "official" merger two weeks ago; that's why the channels have changed. I listen primarily to Alt Nation, channel 21, but I have Lithium on my pre-sets!
Yes, I am a week behind on TC. I edited my post though to reflect your very accurate correction to my referring to it as the "premiere." I'm a little backed up on DVR recordings!
I like your outfit for the holiday party!!
And, sorry, I didn't realize you were a fitness instructor too. But 18 months is not that much time compared to years some others have probably been working out and teaching. I know a 50 year old woman who's a longtime fitness instructor and doesn't even really train to run races yet wins her age group regularly and beats many who are much younger. You've got lots of room for improvement!
Thats hilarous.. i love your answers especially about the hills...i will be right along with you watching it too!!
I'm excited to try out my fuel belt, thanks for shipping it so fast! you rock!
Oh and cute outfit for the party! Take some pics!
Ohhh the outfit is so cute! I love your answers, they crack me up.
Oh my gosh, you are a Hills fan too, phew I feel better now! Thought I was the only one still watching Lauren since her Laguna days...
don't you have an auto-immune disorder? I think that might have something to do with your recovery time, but I don't have an MD after my name, so what do I know.
I take my iPod-less run times seriously too. I compose my next blog post.
Things I agree with : greys anatomy - SUCKS!!! What happened, I used to love it. Agree. I like your questions and answers. Also, a made bed is definitely more cozy looking!! and I got tired at 3pm all summer long - 1st trimester!!!
YOu're hilarious. That outfit is perfect for the party. Now I need to figure out mine...hmmmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment