Sunday, November 2, 2008

It Feels Good,

when you can begin to feel like yourself again....

I had a nice strong longish run early Saturday morning. Great to see, my coach who I had not seen in a while. I ran most of the time with one of my Strive teammates. What a pleasure it was to have someone nice to chat with and make the miles fly by. I finished up with a huge grin on my face. I texted my friend, Rita who swears running does wonders for me. I just feel it is part of who I am now, and without it I feel part of me is missing. I then headed over to Lil' Buster's football game followed by a family date night to watch High School Musical 3. Gotta say, I liked it.

Shane super shockingly asked me last week to do a bike ride together, Tour De Donut. Yes, there is all the donuts you can eat, but I also know how to say no thank you and we skipped the rest stops. Shane, did really well especially since he just rides in SPIN classes. It was nice to ride with him and surprisingly there was not the usual Viv & Shane throw down. LOL! I told him let's not get a timing chip since it was just a fun ride for us. I did sport the Garmin which I only looked at once I finished up. The beginning of these group rides is always a cluster eff for the first 5 miles, but we managed to stay together. Then it is smooth sailing. I did lose him somewhere towards the end. I caught on a nice line and rode with them thinking he was right behind me but it was some other guy. Oh well I got to cheer him in, which was nice especially all the times he is waiting and encouraging me at the finish line. He told me next year he would like to do the 56 mile ride. I am counting on it, Sweet.

*Editors Note: Tri Sis that is your bike rack on Shane's car. I will get that back to you this week. Thanks for letting me "borrow" it forever :-)

Run: 7 miles (11:50)
Bike: 29.7 miles 1:42 (17.5mph)
What a difference a year makes...
A year ago this ride was the longest ride
I had done and just look to the left margin how long it took.
Today, it was just a nice Sunday stroll.

21 comments:

Pat said...

Good job avoiding the donuts. But, you know, they post how many you ate on the results page?

I'll be checking. LOL.

CoachLiz said...

Tour de Donut is gag inducing for me so I skip that one. Great Job for Shane!!! My spouse won't ride with me because he says that I am sprinting all the time.

Glad to hear that your run went well!

C said...

Great job, Viv and hubby! You're right, a year does indeed make a difference. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Well done. I love the family date night! Looks like you might have a new training partner.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great job! Sounds like you and hubby had a lovely weekend!

Jess said...

Glad you're feeling more Vivilicious!

teacherwoman said...

Wow! Look at how far you have come! Wahoo! Nice job on the Tour de Donut! :)

Marcy said...

Glad you're feeling on the ups chica!

And I'm glad you all had a killer ride :-)

Tiggs said...

aw I wish I knew you guys were at the donut...Manny and I and Jon Walk were all there. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with you, but it woulda been cool to say hi.

Tammy said...

Great job on the ride, Viv!

I can relate to running becoming a part of who you are. For the past few years, I don't think I have any pictures of me that weren't taken before, during, or after a road race!

paige said...

Great Job Viv! Sounds like you and Shane had a ton of fun.

TX Runner Mom said...

I missed the Tour de Donut???? Oh well, I doubt I would have been as good as you and would have had at least one!

TX Runner Mom said...

Doh! I forgot to mention that it was great to see you on Sat!

Shane said...

Hey sweet...I am so glad to see you back to yourself again...the rest did you well. It was a great ride and I had a blast. We will definitely do the 56 miles next year...and I may even beat you...so get ready!!!Love you,

Shane

Wes said...

Let me let you in on a secret. You can EARN those donuts :-) LOL!!! Thanks for much for your support and good vibes this weekend. You have no idea how much they meant to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

timeformetofly said...

What an amazing workout! And congrats on NOT grabbing the donuts!

Jess said...

Nice job avoiding the donuts! And congrats to Shane on a great ride!

Steve Stenzel said...

You LIKED HSM3?!? You're admitting it?!?

HA!

Runner Leana said...

Holy moly Viv, that is huge! Great progress! It sounds like a fantastic ride.

RooBabs said...

Mmmmm, donuts (a la Homer Simpson). Way to beat last year's time by 36 minutes- dang woman!!

And after a longish (hey, that's long in my book) run that morning, too. You kick trash!

Love the pic with you and your hubby in your visors. = )

J~Mom said...

HA HA HA!!! What a totally cool ride! Love it!