Thursday, November 13, 2008

Motivation Is Everywhere.....

I went to the pool today to get my swim on, finally after a 6 week hiatus. I had not swam since the Toyota US Open Triathlon, due to the exhaustion/overtraining followed with an annoying lingering cold. Yea, yea excuses are like you know what, everyone has one and they all stink. I got to the pool and they had just painted, in addition to chlorinating the pool and it stunk. I slid those flip flops back on and headed towards the locker room only to see a picture that has probably been there since the gym opened but I never noticed.

There it was in color (since it wasn't in black & white) right in front of me. "Before you can accomplish it, you must expect it from yourself." To top it off the dayum picture has Strive written across the side. Hello, Strive like my tri training team....In the water I go. I had 1900 on the schedule, which was a tad much for me after not swimming in so long. I did not want to get a lat lash out. I played it smart and trimmed some "meat" off the main set.
I picked up my race packet for Saturday. Hey, Jess it is 10 miles in The Woodlands so you know it will be glorious, HAHAHAHA! I am aware it would be a big accomplishment hitting double d's (double digits) in my mileage again, but let me be brutally honest here. I want 12 staying the hell away from me at this race. If he even tries to talk to me, I am calling security!

To my Strive Teammates, Christy & Liz running San Antonio R&R this weekend!
To my surf sistah, Misty running her first marathon in San Antonio as well!
To Jess, running in the 13.1 marathon in Ft. Lauderdale!
Wednesday's Workout:
1 hr. SPIN Class
Thursday's Workout:
Swim
Total: 1150 yards

28 comments:

Marcy said...

Go get em Mommacita! GOOD LUCK!! Hey they let you bring cameras into the pool area? Oooohhhhh Lordy the shots you could get in there HAHAHAA

Tammy said...

Great job getting back in there and getting your swim on!!

And, GOOD LUCK on Saturday!

Mistyfied said...

Awh thanks.. Good luck to you in 10For Texas. I am jealous I really wanted to run this race too.

j. said...

I seriously was going to bum out and not run today, and then I read the quote on this post, and got my rear in gear. Thanks for the push:)

X-Country2 said...

Swimming is the hardest workout for me to start. Once I get going, I'm fine, but that first jump in is the hardest part. Keep up the good work!

Calyx Meredith said...

The things we see when we need to see them!! Great swim girl!

P.O.M. said...

Good luck this Sat - that's some schweet schwag. And thanks for the hugs :) I'm hangin' in there.

Pat said...

I like that 10 for Texas tee. So many tees around here aren't very good looking.

Good luck and have a fun race.

Holly said...

Godd job with your getting your swim on. Have a GREAT race Saturday!

Your post about breaking up with 12was funny. I'd like to date an 11, but I'm still hanging out with 12+.

Unknown said...

Best wishes this weekend!!

I think I need to get my own swim on effective tomorrow. You're motivating me!

Shannon said...

Good luck, have fun, & take lots of pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

I like that quote. I think it is so true too.

Good luck this weekend. You are going to have fun and rock it. Can't wait to read all about it.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on Saturday!!! Your going to do great!!!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Good luck Saturday! Looking forward to reading about it! :) Btw, i like that quote too...

Kevin said...

I have always liked that quote on the wall at LAF.

Have a great race this weekend

Nat said...

Good luck with the 10-miler! You got in there and you did it. That's the important thing.

I see Marcy's comment, they have barred cell phones from the change rooms because of people taking photos.

teacherwoman said...

Great post, Viv!! Good luck!

Jill said...

Good luck this weekend and may the 12's stay away and the 11's come to play!!

Wes said...

My coach calls that trimming the fluff from the main set :-) Usually I just end up with the warmup and cool down ;-) Have fun this weekend!! 10 miles is a great distance!

Badgergirl said...

Good luck this weekend!

Jess said...

Whoo go VIV!

Runner Leana said...

Good luck on your race!

Unknown said...

you officially motivated me. i swam!

Bill D said...

I'll be working the mile 8 water station. You have a cheer section in place on the route.

N.D. said...

GREAT Job swimming!! I love motivational posters, especially on the way to a workout. Good luck this weekend!!!

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!!!! Good luck!!! Great job getting back in the pool! I am done in the pool for a while! ;>)

Carolina John said...

Good luck at the race. I also got back in the pool this week for the first time in months. ah, it felt great.

RooBabs said...

Hope the race went fab! Love the shirt/hat/bag! I may have to enter that race some day, just for the armadillo getup. = )

And hopefully Mr. 12 stayed far away. Personally I would love to marry a 6 or a 7, but they are so out of my league. For now I'll be happy with Mr. 9.