Monday, December 1, 2008

Viv's Corner Edition III

Viv's Corner is just bits of, hmmmm if I may be so bold to call them news worthy information in my world. I enjoyed getting comments from you guys on what you opine on certain random topics. Here are the links for the first edition & second edition of Viv's Corner. You don't have to read I or II to be caught up. They are all random pointless entities. So, without further due here is Viv's Corner Edition III.
What is sexier than Anderson Cooper or Michael Phelps?? How about them together in a pool.... Below is the interview link from 60 Minutes this past weekend. I just probably lost about 60 cool points for admitting that I watch 60 Minutes every week, and not just because it follows football. Shit, I am turning into my Dad. Before I know it, I will only watch CNNFN and my home page will be CNN.com instead of TMZ.com.

Movie Review

I know you have been wondering when I was going to post one of my famous(only famous in my mind) movie reviews.
"Quantum of Solace" 2.5 out of 4 stars

It definitely lacked the substance that "Casino Royale" had. The action at points just seemed uncalled for, where as in "Casino Royale" they were all worthy of the ass kicking at the time. Daniel Craig was still a fantastic James Bond. Fav line is when Bond says, "I can't find the um... the stationary. Do you want to help me look? " Which leads to....

Ahh, only Bond can get away with that.

Now to prove I am a Bravo buff dweeb, I sat through a Real Housewives of Atlanta marathon over the holiday. Yes, maybe totally an inappropriate show to watch over Thanksgiving, but get to know me better you will find that I usually watch "The Godfather" trilogy over Christmas. Those Atlanta Housewives biatches were trashy. They make the OC Housewives look like non artificial people even with all their fake parts.
Top Chef this season....Is anyone diggin it? I am finding the cast a little mundane.

Monday's Workout:
Swim Total 2150 yards

*If you are new to my blog, words or phrases highlighted are words or phrases I am bringing back. Kinda like Justin brought sexy back*

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree Phelps is hot. The rest...eh.

And on that note...nice job on the swim. :-)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL, i'm gonna have to check out I and II.... i think i'm a late-comer to your blog.. you're too funny. :)

Sarah said...

We have nothing in common in the pop culture world. Possibly. Except 60 minutes :)

Lily on the Road said...

ahahahahaha!

Thanks Viv!!! Now I'm up to date with the trashtastic news!

You're the best!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

OMG I loved the Anderson Cooper and Micheal segment...yum

Smitty said...

Haha. But Anderson could've worn a speedo! Those oversized shorts just weren't doing anything for him! LOL.

ShirleyPerly said...

I LOVE Daniel Craig as the new Bond too! I may not be able to wait until that movie comes out on DVD, even if it's not as good as Casino Royale. Did I mention I love Daniel Craig as the new Bond?

(Phelps or Cooper, meh)

Nicole said...

Phelps has a nice bod :)

Unknown said...

Swimming and Bond you had me at "Hello!". Loved your post.

CoachLiz said...

Thanks for the Phelps interview. I had missed that. Quantum of Solace was one of those movies that I enjoyed, but I walked out of the theater and wondered how it had anything to do with Casino Royal. Who was that Eco Park guy and how was he tied to Vesper and Le Chiff??? I guess I need to watch it again.

OMG! Atlanta Housewifes is suupper trashy! There is nothing real about those women. I wonder what they would all be yapping about if some fit triathlon chic moved into their neighborhood and they saw her leaving on a run or a bike ride.

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad I'm not the only one who can have a Godfather marathon anytime!

Anonymous said...

Top Chef gets better as the season goes on. Right now, it's about eliminating all the boring people. Did you see the preview for the next episode? Looks like it's about to get drama-tastic!

Aka Alice said...

I LOVE Desperate Housewives of OC (How could I NOT?), but I was sooooo disappointed in Atlanta...complete trash, yes, but I was lookin' for some of that honey-sweet, stab-ya-in-the-back-while-smilin- sweetly-in-your-face-darlin' southern hospitality...instead we got Wal-Mart....geez.

Dayum, I forgot to Tivo and/or watch 60 minutes this week...GAH!

C said...

I love these posts. Keep em coming.

I take exception to diggin. That be mine. ;) JK

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to watch the Phelps Cooper interview when I get home from work.

Wes said...

Dear gawd, I hate TMZ with a passion. Michael and Cooper in a pool together, on regular TV? I figured it'd be on some gay channel :-)

Those beyotches from Atlanta are the laughing stock of the South. That one white chick thinks she's blacker than any of them other ho(s).

OK. I better go now before my image is tarnished beyond repair.

Jess said...

This season's TC has definitely lost its..um...flavor. Was that comment more lame than the show itself?

triguyjt said...

The Housewives???? hey the blonde and me have one thing in common and let me first say that I wear hearing aids... we both can't sing to save our lives.....

60 minutes??? you can admit to watching it....I saw the phelps-cooper piece...thought it was real good.
watch for an upcoming 60 minutes piece on a certain iconic hoopster named lebron...60 minutes boys were all over the place when I was at practice...I might get a couple seconds of time...haha...then you can pimp me in your edition iv...

now excuse me while I look for the stationery!!!!

paige said...

You just made my morning more enjoyable with the Phelps segment. Viv.... your my hero *tear*

Nitmos said...

I think the word "opine" is already being pimped by a TV blowhard. But he hasn't brought it back yet so keep rocking it out. Are the Atlanta housewives also desperate by chance?

Tammy said...

You had me at Anderson Cooper... swoon

So far I'm not diggin the cast of Top Chef this season either.

Marcy said...

Phelp's bod? That's the hot shiz. His face? Bag it :-X They just need one of those black boxes for his face and it's all good :P

Ohhhhh I *heart* Anderson. He's totally on my "would totally make out with" list (even if he is gay? I don't think there is confirmation on that but I guess it's the word on the streets?!?)

J~Mom said...

Good stuff girl! I am going to make dweeb my word of the day! :>)

X-Country2 said...

I totally DVR'd the 60 Minutes segment AND put it on protect. I'm not quite ready to delete yet.

Calyx Meredith said...

Thanks for the 60 minutes link. I would have watched it live, but there was more football on! I've seen none of the other things you wrote about but I wouldn't miss Football Night In America for cash money. :D

Anonymous said...

The real housewives of atlanta is like watching a trainwreck...a horrific yet fascinating trainwreck!!

BTW, go NeNe...heh heh.

Tiggs said...

I have a huge crush on Anderson...too bad he's not playing for my team...

Houswives of Atlanta is like totally ghetto fabulous.