Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Folgers Morning..

Click here for week III Marathon Season Independence Weight Loss Challenge
I hit the track workout early this morning. Our, coach has two times set up to hit the track on Tuesday, and she usually attends both. (can you say dedicated, coach) Shane, has some kind of work thing tonight so I showed up with my headlamp and crust still in my eyes. I was talking to Coach K and she kept squinting, it took me a second to realize I was wearing a stadium light on my forehead. LOL!
The schedule called for 1mile w/u, then the meat of it was 3-4 miles at LT, (in swimming it is called the main set. I have no idea what it is called in running so I call it the meaty part) finishing with a 1 mile c/d.

I negotiated myself a deal...If I made the run extra meaty and ran 4 at LT, then I could stop off at Starbucks and grab a nonfat calorie loaded concoction. Well, by the title of the post you know I ran 3 at LT, which by the way should mean lil' throw up, not lactate threshold. So, drinking my home brewed Folgers at the moment. Hey, at least I will get free refills :-)


mile 1 w/u (11:42)
mile 2 LT (10:37)
mile 3 LT (10:50)
mile 4 LT (10:35)
mile 5 c/d (13:17)

Get out and vote!

17 comments:

C said...

Good job, Viv!

Maybe if I had made a similar promise to myself this past weekend, I would have gotten some of my LSD done. Eh, there's always this weekend...

Jess said...

Nice job! I make little deals with myself like that too; usually it's "if I get up and do the run before work I can get Starbucks." Often I don't get up early and get it done, but still reward myself with the 'bucks!

RooBabs said...

Great run- and you probably don't need the sugary expensive stuff anyway. But I totally reward myself like that, too.

Pat said...

very strong times. that was a great workout.

Anonymous said...

Nice workout Viv. I sometimes make deals with myself too. They always seem to revolve around eating though.

J~Mom said...

Those are some sweet numbers!!! Nice job!

Tammy said...

Great job getting out there for speedword in the dark!

P.O.M. said...

I prefer to reward myself with booze :)

Tiggs said...

I did this workout last night, but only made 1 mile at LT b/c I had too much coffee BEFORE I ran. Not a good idea by the way....although I'm pretty sure I was running a 5 minute mile back to the house...if you know what I mean...LOL

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAH AMEN! to that. I like that "lil throw up" I'm gonna have to use that.

Way to kick some ass Viv!

chia said...

Wow, people still run in November? You're doing 20 times better than I girlfriend!

triguyjt said...

great job on the l.t. miles...and more importantly on getting the freebie concotions at s-bux

N.D. said...

Great job getting up and with the repeats!! they are always hard.

teacherwoman said...

Way to go Viv! Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

yeah Im all about the selfnegotiation as well...

Al's CL Reviews said...

I need that dedication...I can't even get out of bed!

Wes said...

Oooh. The Meaty Part makes me hungry!! Get into my belly!!! :-)