Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lil' Busterisms

  • After getting his lights knocked out...Yes, it hurt. I cried but once I got to the huddle I was fine.
  • I want to wear my team t-shirt again. It let's everyone know I'm on a team and I'm good.
  • I will keep pushing them till they fall down and stay down.
  • I want to play hard so we can make it to the Superbowl

I have been listening to Lil' Buster this past week and really listening to what he says about pee wee football. I am stunned to find most of the things he says I can apply to myself. I am finding great joy in Lil' Buster finding this little athlete within himself.

I was never an athlete, and you know if you read my blog enough I still have a hard time thinking I am one now. Let's face it, I spent most of my teenage years making sure I was at the right party with the right outfit, or pumping the keg if that counts as a sport. I never understood, or better said took for granted all the athletic kids in school. I now realize how at a young age they were athletes enjoying the benefits of pushing their bodys to a limit. I look back now and wish I would have tapped into this athletic being that I have now discovered, but always better late than never.

So, thanks Lil' Buster for teaching your ol' Mom a few things about this athletic stuff. I promise to be nothing but the support and driving force behind the athlete in you.

  • Yes, my long run today hurt, but once I returned to Starbucks to meet my Strive teammates and Coach I was fine within a minute.
  • I want to wear my finisher triathlon tees & Strive visor everywhere. It let's everyone know I'm on a team and I'm good enough to do something challenging.
  • I will keep pushing myself to continue the discovery of this athlete in me.
  • I want to train hard and smart to make it to my Superbowl.


  • Friday's Workout:
    Bike 1 hr. hill drills
    Saturday's Workout:
    Run 7.92 miles (12:14)
    old boyfriends are so easy to go back to


    17 comments:

    angie said...

    What a wise little guy you have! I love those phrases!

    Aka Alice said...

    I love this post! I imagine Buster watching you be an athlete, and learning from your experience. What a good mom and model you are.

    Unknown said...

    Out of the mouth of babes...

    I like how you reframed his words to apply to yourself. :-)

    X-Country2 said...

    Smart kid you've got there. Probably a sign of great parenting. :o)

    Anonymous said...

    I hope your little man makes it to his superbowl. I am sure he gets a lot of his spirit from his awesome mom.

    Nat said...

    The kids are such great motivation...

    You mean pumping the keg isn't athletic? Not even for a girl?

    teacherwoman said...

    Kids are so smart and really make you think! Too cute!

    Jess said...

    I like "I will keep pushing until they fall down and STAY down"! Nice.

    Shannon said...

    :) My 12 year old last week taught me to not be a snob! Ouch....
    Sometimes the wise advice comes from the little bodies.

    C said...

    I hear you on the ex-boyfriends. I went back to my 12 today too. A-hole. Why can't I just leave him?!

    Al's CL Reviews said...

    I like the post...

    TX Runner Mom said...

    Great post! It's amazing how insightful our kids can be. :-) It was great seeing you!

    Marcy said...

    Viv he is SOOOOO YOU! It's funny that you say that you learn things from him because I could SOOOOOO see you saying all those things (if you were his age) ;-)

    Yasmin said...

    Wow, Viv. I need to get motivated like you. This week I'm focusing on my 1/2 mary training schedule and maybe getting in a spin and/or body pump class in on XT days.

    Also, I like wearing my tri shirts at the gym. Kinda like saying hey you, skinny mini over there. Did you swim, bike, run and almost puke at a finish line? No, then get your ass out of my pool lane, thanks.

    Wes said...

    It's good L'il Buster is helping you realize you ARE an athlete :-)

    Tammy said...

    Love it!

    I love how they have no limits when they're young. My son still plans to be a pro football player when he grows up.

    Me, I think I sometimes set myself up for failure when I think about what my limits are.

    Runner Leana said...

    Ah, out of the mouth of babes, eh? I love how your son inspires you. As far as being an athlete, better late than never!