I was not on a deserted island with...
This pic of Lance is priceless, thanks Nanc.
His loins are showing, for goodness sakes. LOL!
Seriously though I had a rough patch since the Toyta Open Tri on Oct 5th and really it was probably building to it right before that tri. I felt weak, tired, body aches, and fevers. I thought I had the flu and the Dr. thought I might have mono. The Dr. ran all kinds of tests, and all he could come up with is that I was suffering from exhaustion. I am not Mariah Carey, I never thought good ol' normal people went through this exhaustion. I thought it was a sure way for them to cancel some tour dates. (I tried to find a fugly pic of Mariah Carey and this was the best I could find. Did she have all bad pictures of herself abolished from the internet?!?)
I took a couple solid weeks completely off from training and a full week off from the spin classes I work. I pulled myself away from friends, family, blogging buds. If you noticed my only posts have been for the Marathon Season Weight Loss Challenge. I just hate being a damper to people and come off all, Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy, Somber Sandy, geez I could do that all day....I just wasn't Vivacious Viv. OK that was the last one I promise!
Last week I worked quite a few spin classes and they felt good. So, last night I went to the track workout and ran for the first time in almost 3 weeks. It was a fantastic four miles! I was expecting a brutal welcoming, but it wasn't. In fact I ran better, and faster than I had in a long time. I guess my body just really needed the rest....
I am still trying to find the balance. Sometimes, my mind is so ready to tackle the world I don't give my body a chance to catch up. I know I am going to start cleaning house of all my excessive spin classes. I want to do well with Ironman 70.3 in April and that means not blowing myself out during training. I have so many annoyances with spin classes I have to share with you all to get it off my chest, but I will save it for another post. I will catch up with you all this week. It is just going to take me a bit, being so behind has over 600 posts in my Google Reader.

25 comments:
Glad you're back and feeling better! Having just caught up with my Google Reader backlog - I feel your pain!
Ok Mimi! LOL JK! I'm so glad you're feeling better chica! Sounds like you've had one heck of a time since the Toyota Open. ((HUGS))
As far bad pics of her highness? How about getting a stach wax in between commercial breaks? Oy, she's something else . . .
http://www.dlisted.com/node/17022
soooo glad you are back and feeling better!! good job taking care of yourself :)
i had some serious GR backlog last week but nothing close to 600!
I'm glad you listened to your body and took some time off. That's a good lesson for us all!
glad you are back. i was about to call out the posse.
exhaustion...yeh. that happened to me when I came back from basic agent training after I got my job. I had literally pushed myself to the limit and beyond for so long that I just couldn't go anymore. it took me several weeks to feel normal again. you'll get there, just take it nice and easy :)
Viv, you know we love you. You do what you need to do. We'll always be here when you come back.
Good for you for taking a week off (and that's awesome about your run!).
Glad you're feeling better. Don't worry too much about catching up (at least with me- my posts are few and far between these days, but of course extra long to make up for it, ha ha).
I admire you for just keeping up with the Challenge posts- you da bomb!
BTW, I love your alliteration names, Vivacious Viv!
Luv, Schnazzy Shanna
That Lance picture is outrageous, I love it. Glad you're feeling better!
Sometimes a break is the best thing you can do for yourself!
I was going to send you an e-mail today to ask if you were okay, but your post beat me to it. Glad the rest did you some good!
Welcome Back Vivacious Viv!!! Way to play it smart and rest, rest rest!!
I have missed you : (
Take care of yourself lady! I am glad you are getting back to it.
Take care of yourself! Glad you took time to do nothing. Slowly ease yourself back.
Love the Lance pic. LOL.
I hope you are doing better. *hugs*
Welcome back!
I wouldn't be surprised if Mariah had bad pics of her taken off the internet.
I hate Lance (I say that every time) -- but damn check out those on ramps.
glad you're feeling better. i'm back as well, but from laziness.
take care of yourself!
Also glad you're back...don't overdo with those 600 blogs on your Reader (sometimes that thing scares the livin' daylights out of me!)
Good to see you're slowly bouncing back, sometimes you just need some downtime
Bummer you weren't on an island with hottie hottie Lance LOL!
And man I hate when my Google Reader gets like that! Yikes! Good luck catching up!
SO glad to hear you're feeling better after some rest!
Ha! I thought I be slackin' with 380 in Google reader ;-).
Thanks for the Lance pic... Instant pick me up!
Happy training!
Glad you took doctor's orders and laid low for a while. Rest, it does the body good... along with Lance putting cocoa butter on your shoulders. LOL!
Glad you're back and beeling better. :-)
Your comment about exhaustion and canceling tour dates made me chuckle. I'm sure Mariah has a full-time staff person who deletes bad images of her from the internet.
Glad you were able to get some rest Viv! Sounds like exactly what you needed. Glad to have you back...and take it easy, okay?
Post a Comment