Whatever that was stuck in my throat is gone, but looming. It seems like I am trying to fight this cold before it knocks me on my ass! I have been doing the Zicam, Airborne, and drinking orange juice. I hope it just fades away.
I had my first 5K of the year, and will use the time as my official "Shave My 5K Challenge" qualifying time. The hubby had signed up for this one as well, and has now officially popped his race cherry. Yes, he is now hooked. I was concerned because the night prior was absolutely freezing, rainy, and windy here in Houston. It was not so bad when we awoke on Saturday. The temperature was in the upper 40's with little wind. The roads were still wet, and slippery on the course, which made me a little hesitant of most of my steps. The hubby tried to stay with me at the beginning. I reminded him, it is a race, and go balls to the wall I will see you on the other side. My official time was 35:57, so I have taken off 4 minutes since my first 5K last October, and 2 minutes since my PR in November. It feels like I have been coming along well. The hubby clocked in at 31:44 so congrats, Sweet! One thing that does continue to puzzle me at races is how some people will use me, the fat chick as their run marker. For example, I am running along at my slow steady pace, while person X is running fast past me. Than a short minute after that they begin to walk. I run my slow steady pace past them, and they sprint out again. This rinse and repeat cycle will continue all through the race.
We enjoyed some post race beers, and kolaches. I really didn't have anywhere to put a camera so no pics. I kinda feel bad since the hubby always chases me down for pics at events, and I have not one shot of him, man what a great wifey I am :-(
I had 4 miles on my schedule today, and ended up doing 2. I could not get past it, my right leg was bugging me. I decided to call it a day since tomorrow is Sink Tuesday, which is swimming, cycling, and strength training. I start swimming lessons tomorrow, and it is a 45 minute class. I hope I have a good instructor. I took a unscheduled DOR on Friday as well. I better get my shiznits in gear if I plan on making it to the tri in 60 days.
I also lost another 2 pounds when I officially weighed in on Sunday. I say officially cause I am pretty sick, and weigh daily sometimes twice a day. I have no idea how, I have been making fairly smart choices, but just bunches of it. Weight Watchers talk here --I go through all my points for the day including when I earn 9 activity points, I eat those too! It is like I can't shut my appetite down. What the hell is up?!

16 comments:
Good summary honey! Thanks for leading me down the running trails:). Keep up your hard work and I'm here to support you for your next and all upcoming races.
Shane
whoot whoot...and I still think you should come to Rockford and run your first 1/2!!
WTG on the weight loss and your 5k!
Dang! You deserve a medal just for getting the man into the action. I've been trying and trying for months now only to hear "I don't have to race. I have no desire for that" Bleck!
CONGRATS on the 5k and weight loss!! Double the fun!! WHOOT!! ;D ;D
Excellent job on the 5K and your weight loss!! I can totally relate with people using you as their race marker - and it's funny when you beat them! ;)
Nice going :) I am totally impressed you got hubby in on it, too! That has to make it so much easier for him to deal with your running insanity ;)
Nice job there !!! You are probably getting hungry from the ramp up in activity and you are adding muscles. I personally found it really hard to lose any weight while running, it was so frustrating. I'm hoping you will have better luck than me. Great job on the 5k time, it might feel like they are specifically using you as there marker but you have no idea what is going on their heads. They are probably praising you and cussing themselves for not being able to keep up with you. I think you are doing an awesome job!!!
I would do anything to get my man to run with me. He used to ride his bike along side me, but he won't even do that anymore. So kudos to you!
And way to go on the 2 lbs. When I'm running and working out alot, I want to eat like a maniac! I started taking a vitamin B in the morning (in addition to my multi) and I think it helps. Also, I drink green tea to help curb the hunger.
OMGosh! Aren't those recipes awesome? That lasagna is amazing and her cinnamon rolls really did make me the most popular girl on the block ;) We are having her quesadillas and pico de gallo tonight :)
My favorite green tea is the Jasmine Flavored one. I have to sweeten it with equal though.
Great job on the race! Congrats to both you and the hubby!
That is a super time improvement over your last 5K!! Congrats on the weight loss too!! Keep it up!!
Hey Viv
Came here via CRN,
going fast and strong- keep it up.
Now a clarification- you wrote today youre going to have swim lessons and then you've already got a triathlon planned- do you already know how to swim and this instructor is for competitive swimmin or are you going to learn ho to swim??That is my next goal- after the Oct 08 marathon ofcourse- to learn how to swim.
Keep up the good job!!
Viv...congrats on the 5K and the weight loss! Keep up the goog work.
About being used during a 5K, just remember one thing...it's what AttyHou has always said about me...slow and steady wins the race. Not that you're slow but you know what I mean...run your own race and don't worry about the folks around you.
Congrats on an awesome race and the 2 lb loss! My appetite is the same way when running...I tend to eat every point, plus most of my flex points!
Viv!!!!!! Congrats on a great race!!!
I have totally learned to tune out other runners - screw em!! You are there to run your own race and you did a FANTASTIC job! WTG! :)
Post a Comment