Friday, January 25, 2008

4 Stars

Blogger Graphics

I hope everyone enjoyed "Spirit of The Marathon". I thought it was great, and so inspiring. I loved Jerry, he was so funny. I would love to run with him!

I am feeling a little tickle in my throat. Hopefully, it is just a popcorn kernel stuck in my throat. I hope it's not some wicked cold brewing, gonna shoot some Airborne and see if that will stop it from developing. I had a 53 minute cycle lined up for today with a swim, but might just have to do the chill recumbent bike at home. I feel guilty if I skip a day on the schedule. I start swimming classes on Tuesday. Just to give me some basics to build on. After, trying to swim this past week, I realise I know enough just to get me to the wall of the pool, and get out. Tomorrow is the qualifying 5K for the "Shave My 5K Challenge", we will see what I can pull out.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Jess, with the Miami 1/2!
Maria, with the Buckeye 50K!


10 comments:

Ian said...

Best of Luck on your 5K!

Margo said...

Good luck on your 5K! Hope you got my reply email on the tix. I had to send a few times b/c we're having computer probs.

J~Mom said...

Good luck on your 5K!!!

Marcy said...

Uggghhh I hope it's just a kernel. I've been having the same feeling but haven't had any popcorn :-(

Good luck with that 5k chica!!

Pokey said...

Hope it went GREAT!!

Ummm...race report? Sheesh, it's been a few hours, right? :P

AnnaBanana said...

WAY TO GO VIV!!!
Great run this morning!!
Looks like you set a new PR!!

I looked for you after (in the beer line), but couldn't find you. That was a good band - I hope y'all stayed around for a while.

Wahoo!
Anna

PS -- I finished in 40:30 - 13:31/mile pace. Not too bad for me. But here are my excuses anyway: had some knee problems, dressed to warm, that time of month and still recovering from the half marathon.

P.O.M. said...

Yikes - that martini pic makes me want a martini right now! Sheesh, I got my long run in, so I deserve it :) ha ha

Good luck on your 5k. Try Zyban (sp) if you think you're getting sick. That cold going around is a doozy.

Timmy said...

I'm feeling a little tickle in my throat and I haven't had popcorn. It could be glitter. I've been celebrating Mardi Gras a bit too much I guess. ;-)

Jess said...

Thanks for the shout out!

I am coming down with something -- and it started yesterday with a "tickle in the throat" so I hope you feel better soon!

Tri+Umph said...

Viv, THANK YOU so much for the donation to TNT this morning! It means a lot, especially since we barely know one another.

Swimming classes should pay off big time.. once you can get technique down, it really is a ton easier! Starting with proper technique will also be a lot easier than trying to fix it later!