Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Having Doubts

I am a little weary of this 1/2 in May. After thinking about it this past week I have come to realise that I might not be ready for a 1/2 in May. It is just something I will have to think a little harder about as training gets more along.

I have been noticing some pain on my right foot, on the outer bone, if that makes any sense. That's a new one for me. I just got fitted for shoes a couple weeks ago, and I was thinking it could be the shoe. I went by Luke's Locker after my run today, and asked for some sort of insert or something I can put in the shoe. He asked if I was fitted there, which I was. He had me take off my shoes, get on the treadmill, and within a couple minutes all the employees and manager were watching me walk on the treadmill, the pressure to try to walk "normal" was on. They came to the conclusion that I was fitted incorrectly. I don't overpronate, I am actually neutral. Who would have thunk it. I knew I didn't feel like an "Adidas Chick". I am now an "Asics Angel". I guess I could be an "Asics Asshole", but it did not have a nice ring to it. I chuckled when I read the shoe description for the Asics Gel Fortitude. It states for the large frame runner, that is a sweet way to put it. I went back home to grab my receipt and the box, which the hubby had told me, why do you keep all that crap? This is why, they exchanged my shoes for me after 2 weeks of running in them. I had no idea that could be done. I was just going to rig it with some insole till those bad boys served their mileage.
Today's Workout:
Mile 1 (12:40)
Mile 2 (12:06)
Mile 3 (12:03)

Yesterday's Workout:

Spin Class & Full body ST

Random Thought of The Day: Does anyone notice that when Hedi stands on the "Project Runway" she has her legs spread far apart?

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Viv, just take one day at a time with the half. You will be amazed at the progress you make at every distance and you will have days that suck and you think you will never make it. Just remember it's those days that make you stronger. If you are regularly running 3 and 4, you will easily make it if you stick to your plan.

The lipstick...I have a thing with it, love it, found a brand I love that stays on all day (sometimes even through the night). I always joke that I wear it to keep the eyes up (and not on my hips!). CoverGirl Outlast or Long Last or some word with last. :D

Yes, Heidi does have an inordinately wide stance. :D :D

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad you got the shoes taken care of! That can make all the difference in the world...hopefully, it will take care of the foot pain. Hang in there for the 1/2 training!!!

Marcy said...

OMG OMG OMG LMAO!! "asics asshole" That is too funny!

I'm glad you got the shoe thing fixed, hopefully that will fix the prob :-)

Margo said...

Luke's is great for exchanging the shoes! I had that problem too. Had no idea that you were training for a half in May - a little behind on blog reading. You will do great! Like N-R Nancy said, one day at a time! Never noticed about Heidi - have to look at the episode again.

Nancy said...

Forgot to congratulate you on the negative splits. AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Viv, you can so do it! Heck I did & you're better than me!!

Want to relay the Seabrook marathon in March with me? It's both Saturday & Sunday. Saturday is a half marathon and a half marathon relay (2 people). Sunday is a full marathon, full marathon relay (4 people) and half marathon. I bet we could talk other PIMsters into doing it too!

Wahoo!
Anna
A

Lori said...

I totally think you can do it! You really have a nice amount of time to train (as long as you don't do what I did and completely slack off in the last 6 weeks :P) and will do great! Just tell me where it is and I'll bring my bullhorn and whip ;)

LMAO at Heidi with her feet spread so far apart. I never actually thought about it before, but now that you mention it, you are so right!

Jess said...

You can SO do a half in May! You have plenty of time to build up to it, and even if you have to log roll the last mile, you'll finish it.

Timmy said...

You will be surprised at what you can achieve between now and May!

About Heidi...do you she is related to Sen. Larry Craig.

Tammy said...

I prefer Asics Angel, thankyouvery much! I also run in Asics.
I think most running stores will take shoes back until 30 days or so.

You're gonna rock that half mary!

J~Mom said...

Listen girl, if I can do it you can do it!!! You have a great amount of time and just build slowly and surely!! You can do it!!!!!

Yasmin said...

I heart Roadrunner Sports. They take shoes back for 60 days of purchase. I know, I've returned 3 pairs of shoes to them before I settled on my new balance.

They don't care if I run on trails or anything!

Pokey said...

Not ready for a half??? What does that mean???

Viv, Viv, Viv.....you can be ready. Take it from one who knows, it's all about finishing - which I KNOW you can do by May.

Stick with your plan and you will do great. (And I will be sure to hound you plenty to make sure you get to the starting line ;)

P.O.M. said...

You definately have time to get ready for the half! I was told I was an overpronater at first - but I'm not. I am neutral, also. Hmmm. I hope your new shoes will help ya out!