Friday, January 4, 2008

Enabler

One who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior by providing excuses or by making it possible to avoid the consequences of such behavior.
That might be me when I am with the hubby at times. Lil' Buster is going to Grandma's for the weekend, and Shane has asked if I wanted to go to a movie, dinner, anything... My response, how about we go for a run at Memorial Park tomorrow. That is all I feel like doing. I am scared. I have only been back on the wagon for almost a week now, and fear falling into some tailspin of eating this weekend. I usually only get that way with him. I truly think it is because he has loved me through thick & thin for so long that it is pretty comfortable of falling into an eatathon. He makes healthy choices for himself, unless I am there to say let's eat this crap or that crap. I feel terrible for not being strong in this situation. I should just stop being a pansy, pack some carrots or an apple, pike up and go to a movie with him.
There is a club bike ride tomorrow I will not be partaking in, mostly due to the fact that my bike is still in the shop. It has been ready for 3 weeks now. I am pretty sure I have some new fears of the bike again. I need to ball up and go pick it up.
Below, are a few Paris pics, that I have finally uploaded. All, my gadgets are breaking! My camera fell on Christmas, and did not survive the fall. My laptop is slower than molasses. My desktop sounds like a 777 taking off, no doubt it will blow up any minute. Oh, and my washing machine broke last week.
Today's Workout:

20 Minute (1.6 miles) run on the treadmill

1 hr spin class

Random thought of the day: Why does everything happen at the same time?




Shane & I at The Louvre. It was breathtaking. In 5 hours we made it thourgh 1/4 of museum.

The mannequins were moving in a running motion. There were a lot of runners in Paris, or maybe I am just noticing that stuff now. Kinda like when you buy a new car, and notice everyone has the same car.


The desserts were amazing. Hmm, how did I gain so much weight this past month?!

A part of Paris you will not see on The Hills. Me freezing waiting for Le' Metro (subway).

10 comments:

Marcy said...

First things first, you are SOOOO stinkin cute! You look GREAT!! Second, I *heart* (I mean really *heart*) your bag!! Tell me where to get one LOL I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your trip *sigh*

Anonymous said...

The Lourve!! I am sooo green right now! I totally agree with your friend Marcy on your "cuteness factor"!! You look like you BELONG in Pari *said in fake french accent*

On a different note...I think we need to go through a 12 step Enabler program together!! LOL Because I'm right with you on that one...I would have NEVAH grazed as I do in his presence before so why the heck now??

rule #1 ~ a husband's unconditional love is not an excuse for stuffage of "Pie Hole"

*Raising right hand to take the oath*

Margo said...

Good job for getting back to your workouts! I've been so bad and had planned to start up again and then got sick. But tomorrow, I'm really going to do it! So jealous of your trip!! Did you and your sis get caught up on Project Runway?

J~Mom said...

I don't think I have "seen" you before! You look great! What a wonderful trip!!

We had the "everything break at once" syndrome last fall. It totally sucks! Hope it all stops now!

Timmy said...

I love your pics from Paris. Can you see that I am green with envy while I type this? :-)

Hang in there with the workouts. Trust me. I know what it is like.

Nancy said...

Oh I loved the Louvre too. Amazing. I am a traveling eater and also a with the husband eater, too. Sucks. I need more self control.

I hope you can get all the stuff fixed. :D

Tammy said...

Reason #3422 I'm happy to be single again. Seriously, I am my own worst enemy with eating junk. I can talk myself into anything!

Ah, I am also jealous of the Paris trip...

Good luck on the workouts, and on getting all of your gadgets fixed. I swear they are conspiring against us sometimes!

Jess said...

Great Paris pics. I was there about 12 years ago and would love, love, love to return. For like a long period of time.

P.O.M. said...

A quick trip to Paris? That is flippin' awesome!

Carly said...

Great Pictures! Looks like it was a fun time. You look great!