Well, as hard as it was for me to watch, Greg did do the 6 miles that cold football Sunday afternoon. I really did not think he was going to make it, especially since 1 mile into the run he was jumping curbs, and weaving in and out of trees. He started out on a strong pace, but the last four miles he could have been running (shuffling) with me. It took him 1 hour and 7 minutes. It was funny to watch since he kept making these barking/grunting noises. I am guessing he was pulling out some old football shit on that. The getting mad to get through mode. He did have a rabbit, my sisters Volkswagen Rabbit that is. We were packed in there following him like fools. Other, runners on the trail would stop and stare, people driving would slow down to see what was going on. They were probably like what the hell is going on, who is this guy?! Umm, he is nobody just setting out to prove a point. I guess he is a natural athlete..LOL! He is so getting that on a tee from me, with the back saying, no big deal. That is his favorite thing to say lately. He really is a cool guy, don't get me wrong. My, Dad had some killer steaks waiting for us when we got back. Greg devoured his weight in steak after his shower. He did admit after the run that 6 miles would be his max without training. He also admitted that if we were not there next to him in the car, he would have quit. In the end he said, he totally respects what I do out there. My sister did text me today, and told me he can barely walk. Tri training is going well. Kicking my rear, but good nonetheless. I am going to call around tomorrow and see if I can locate some professional help with my swimming. Just to teach me some fundamentals that I can practice and build on. I can only do the breast stroke. That is not gonna cut it with 40 other people and saltwater. The video was the best I could do, had problems with Windows Movie Maker. It was freezing up to no end. I had to use another program that I really do not care for. It did not let me add text mid movie so I could add the mile markers, or lower the volume of the music to hear audio in the movie. I am still on the lookout for an easy to use editing software that is easy like Movie Maker, but definitely more reliable. Also, the whole thing was filmed with a Palm cell, so decent considering.
Random thought of the day: Thanks to the lil ol lady at the pool who said I look like a swimmer. Poor thing must have left her glasses in her locker.
One year on the Saturday before the Houston Marathon a friend of mine decided to sign up. He hadn't trained but I had trained.
He finished the 26.2 before me. However...I was running again 2 days later and it took him 2 weeks before he could run again. Natural athlete? That is questionable. ;-)
8 comments:
Darn! But at least he could admit it was no as easy as it sounds ;-)
I figured as much, damn naturals. At least he can't walk. hee hee
I love reading you blog!
My DH is a natural as well and it drives me crazy! Good luck with the movie stuff...you know my experience with it, so I hope you have better luck!
I love that he was only a couple minutes faster. Men. Umph.
I don't know Greg..and I don't like Greg..Hmp!!! I took 2 months off and can hardly run 3 miles. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
One year on the Saturday before the Houston Marathon a friend of mine decided to sign up. He hadn't trained but I had trained.
He finished the 26.2 before me. However...I was running again 2 days later and it took him 2 weeks before he could run again. Natural athlete? That is questionable. ;-)
I agree...MEN! GRRR!!! That reminds me of the time DH stopped drinking Coke and lost 10 pounds. I just have to look at Coke and I GAIN 10 pounds.
Post a Comment