Timmy ,you looked fantastic! How the hell do you run a 1/2 and look like your doing a 3 mile jog around Memorial park?!? June Bug, looked super strong! Anna, did really well, especially with all that pneumonia drama that took a huge chunk out of her training. I saw Coach Andrea out there getting it done. I am not sure if she was doing the full or the 1/2, but way to go! I also cheered on a few PIM'sters running, great job! Missed, Coach Trish, and I was stalking, I mean looking for her. The ever behind runner alerts texted me at 7:30PM to know that Trish completed the 1/2 with a fabulous time! It was not 12 hours later, which is how behind the alerts were coming in. I got to run with the group on Wednesday. It was so nice to see them, after being gone for so long with the injury, and whilst working back up to 3 miles. I am slower (yes, very possible)that I was pre injury, but I am running, so no complaints. I was only able to keep with a few homies from the group for the 1st mile, after that it was just me and my thoughts since I did not bring an iPod.
I found a great challenge that I should be able to handle. Vanilla, is hosting Shave Your 5K Challenge. I am hoping I can shave some time off mine this year since I will be increasing my mileage,and hopefully lowering my weight. Science tells me being a newbie my odds are pretty good, to get a couple minutes off. My qualifying 5K will be the Texas Med 5K in a couple weeks. We shall see....
Today's Run
Mile 1 (13:11) Avg HR 157
Mile 2 (12:57) Avg HR 164
Mile 3 (11:24) Avg HR 173
Last weeks workouts update
Saturday's Run
Mile 1 (13:38) Avg HR 152 Mile 2 (13:54) Avg HR 156
Mile 3 (14:02) Avg HR 158 Mile 4 (13:35) Avg HR 165Thursday's Workout
1 hr spin class, Full Body ST
Wednesday's Run
Mile 1 (12:23) Avg HR 170
Mile 2 (13:11) Avg HR 172
Mile 3 (13:14) Avg HR 171Tuesday's Workout
1 hr spin class, Full Body ST
Random Thought of The Day: It really sucks ass when you miss your turn on a run. Than have to walk back an additional 2 miles back to the car after you ran 3 miles.
7 comments:
Don't get too worried about the half. Take your training one day at a time. If I did it, you can do it :D
What a great blogger friend you are to get out at before dawn!
Viv...I found out AFTER the fact that you had been up all night! OMG! That was so nice of you to come out and cheer. And just so your other readers know...I had never met Viv until yesterday out on the course. I posted your pic a few minutes ago on my blog.
You wanna know why I looked so good? I decided yesterday that it was all about fun. Too many times I have stressed myself out over kicking ass and finishing. runnerOne just laughed at me when I told him I was going to take pictures along the way. He was still laughing last night when I talked to him.
Now...if I had only had that beer at mile 11...
You're such an awesome cheerleader ;D ;D Dang, too bad you couldn't have split it and been at both races. I needed more cowbell :P ;-)
Thanks so much for the shout out too! You're so sweet ;D ;D
You so rock for getting there to cheer after a night of no sleep and margaritas!!!
And you can totally do a half. I can say that for sure now...glad you didn't ask me on Saturday! ;)
Good luck in the "shave" your 5K event!
You are too sweet! It was great meeting you and your hubby! Have to go watch Project Runway, but just saw on Timmy's blog that you got tix for Jersey Boys - sooo jealous!! I'm saving my money for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Timmy's on board, so we should all go!
What a great friend to be a cheerleader like that! YAY!!
Post a Comment