I do have a secret to confess. I have been reading, Slow Fat Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now. I am seriously considering a sprint triathlon in the last weekend of March. That is why I hate reading these motivating books. They work, it has me thinking I could handle a sprint tri. This tri has a beginner wave, which would be very helpful for this beginner. There is a tri training group in The Woodlands that is about to start up, but they want a big chunk of change. I might have to go at the training on my own. I am not registering for the event until it is a few weeks away, and will play it by ear. I figure I can mix in the swimming and cycling with as part of my cross training for the 1/2 since the heavy mileage will not commence till after the tri.
The 1/2 I will have to plan a little more accordingly since there will be traveling.I am not sure if Cleveland will be in the cards for me, but I have the airline miles so we will see the when and where as soon as I can run a decent distance. I have 4.5 or 5 scheduled for tomorrow.Feel free to throw a chica some advice.
The scale has not moved in weeks, hence that 55 pounds lost still sitting on the left left of my blog mocking me. I have finally reached my pre Thanksgiving weight 2 weeks back, and nothing is happening since than. It is so frustrating!!
Man, do I feel like the oldest 33 year old in blogworld. While, Jess is rockin out to the Foo, I am grooving to songs like Sherry Baby at the "Jersey Boys" musical. It was such a great show! It just ran up to the top of my musical list. I called my Mom, during halftime and told her she is going to love this show :-O I have always called intermission half time it gives it some coolness factor. So, if you are in the Houston area check it out. There is quite a lot of F bombs being thrown around, maybe that is way it's at the top of my list ;-)
One of my closed eyes pic. I think it is just my big
cheeks make my eyes shrink when I smile...
Is Rami getting on anyone else's nerves? He was killing me this past week. I happen to think Sweet P is just that. Sweet! I can understand he was a little frustrated since she didn't know how to drape, and that is all the bastard does! The drama when people get paired up to complete design is outta control. I still love me some Cristian, even though he is a cocky lil' thing, but he is so cute!Today's Workout: 25 minute Swim & Spin Class
Thursday's Workout:
Spin Class & Full Body ST
Random Thought of the Day: Being nosy, and looking across the gym to see what's going on in Zumba class can cause you to fall in the pool.

10 comments:
I LOVE that book!! It's the book the convinced me to "Tri". If you go on beginner triathlete she posts over there in the Athena forum and answers questions too. Awesome!!
Ahhh, I want to tri too! But, that will have to wait until later this year. BTW, I wish I had bought Jersey Boy tix!
You can do it ALL!!!! You can, you can, you can! Watch Lisa (Java), she is the best inspiration EVA!
I would love to tri but the bike scares me a little and no access to a pool right now. However, I'm a swimmer so I keep thinking I should be tri-ing. Maybe eventually when I get the body a little more under control. Bummer on the scale not moving. Can you reaccess?
I am an eye closer too. The worst.
You should give it a "tri". ;-)
Rami, Rami, Rami. There's more to fashion than draping!
Viv--
I'm 99.99% sure that I will be coaching a tri training program targeted at only women that will incorporate the use of a heart rate monitor. We will likely be targeting a race in June (because it's still kind of cold for swimming outside). Last year, we had more that 60 ladies signed up . . . from 14 years old to 67 years old. They all had a great time. Most were newbies and built up lots of confidence.
I'll share more details soon (like the website).
Coach Andrea
You can do it! I would also love to try a tri but I am scared of the bike and swimming....I guess it is pointless for me. LOL
I will live through you while you train for it!
Run the Rockford 1/2, Run the Rockford 1/2...we can run together :-) It will be sooooo much fun!!!!
Christian would fit in MY pocket he's so tiny!
But I agree with the others, you can do a sprint tri!
Vivi (can I call you that?)
You are smokin' mujer!
And a Tri? You soo could rock that!
Post a Comment