So sorry, I have been really busy....
I plan to catch up with you guys by tomorrow.
The first edition of Viv's Corner went well; Viv's Corner is just bits of, hmmmm if I may be so bold to call them news worthy information in my world. I enjoyed getting comments from you guys on what you opine on certain topics. So, bringing it back to stick around randomly.
Phelps Phever is striking the nation, and I really can't seem to get enough of low rise Speedo pictures. People who have never swam/swimmed/swum (I never know how to correctly conjugate that verb) before are venturing out to local pool lanes decked out in shiny new Speedos and giving the swimming thing a shot. It is usually the people who are in the lane next to me who stayed up late one night of the Olympics. They watched Phelps swim once thinking, "Oh swimming, shit I can do that. Nothing to it really." Last week, I am in the middle of 2x500 main set and there is 3 teeny bopper Phelper's in the lane next to me. They would take turns on every few of my 25 yard lengths and one of them would swim with all their might trying to beat the fat girl. They never succeeded even though I am slow as hell!! It was funny when I finished the set. They were talking to each other saying, "well how much did she beat me by, man?" to which his friend replied, "you almost had her bro".
If you need more Phelps to cure your Phelps Phever, click on the pic over here ladies and you can get your fair share ;-) Seriously though, he will be presenting at The Video Music Awards on MTV September 7 (yes, I still watch that crap. Who is the teeny bopper now?!?) Phelps and other members of the US Olympic Team will appear on Oprah September 8. Phelps will also host Saturday Night Live on NBC September 13. So, let's just see if Phelps is Phunny.
Remember guyliner Josh from Bravo's Million Dollar Listing? He has been arrested, accused of stealing high price art from his clients homes. Like the one he is posing in front of in his home for his Facebook page. HAHAHAHA! Great Facebook pic, Josh you look all mysterious or guilty....
The first edition of Viv's Corner went well; Viv's Corner is just bits of, hmmmm if I may be so bold to call them news worthy information in my world. I enjoyed getting comments from you guys on what you opine on certain topics. So, bringing it back to stick around randomly.
Phelps Phever is striking the nation, and I really can't seem to get enough of low rise Speedo pictures. People who have never swam/swimmed/swum (I never know how to correctly conjugate that verb) before are venturing out to local pool lanes decked out in shiny new Speedos and giving the swimming thing a shot. It is usually the people who are in the lane next to me who stayed up late one night of the Olympics. They watched Phelps swim once thinking, "Oh swimming, shit I can do that. Nothing to it really." Last week, I am in the middle of 2x500 main set and there is 3 teeny bopper Phelper's in the lane next to me. They would take turns on every few of my 25 yard lengths and one of them would swim with all their might trying to beat the fat girl. They never succeeded even though I am slow as hell!! It was funny when I finished the set. They were talking to each other saying, "well how much did she beat me by, man?" to which his friend replied, "you almost had her bro".
If you need more Phelps to cure your Phelps Phever, click on the pic over here ladies and you can get your fair share ;-) Seriously though, he will be presenting at The Video Music Awards on MTV September 7 (yes, I still watch that crap. Who is the teeny bopper now?!?) Phelps and other members of the US Olympic Team will appear on Oprah September 8. Phelps will also host Saturday Night Live on NBC September 13. So, let's just see if Phelps is Phunny.
Remember guyliner Josh from Bravo's Million Dollar Listing? He has been arrested, accused of stealing high price art from his clients homes. Like the one he is posing in front of in his home for his Facebook page. HAHAHAHA! Great Facebook pic, Josh you look all mysterious or guilty....Movie Review
I know you have been wondering when I was going to post my famous (only famous in my mind) movie review for "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"that I promised a while back. Well wonder no longer, aqui esta Senores y Senoras.... "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" 3.75 out of 4 stars
Shane and I both really enjoyed this film. It made me want to jump on a plane to Spain right away. It was sexy, smart, and that ever so quirky Woody Allen funny. It was refreshing to see Javier Bordem more "normal" and sexy after his scary role in "No, Country For Old Men".
After the show Shane and I discussed the film over lattes at an outdoor patio Cafe', cause I'm classy like that. I made the comment that my Mom might not find the film delightful due to the 3rd person limited omniscient narration.
To which Shane replied, "What in the world?!
Random Thought of The Day:
This lady from a store I ordered something from just left me a voice mail. She actually said, "This is Jeannie, like from "I Dream of Jeannie" ." Is she for real? I never say this is Vivan, like from "Pretty Woman"
when Julia Roberts played a hooker.Please note: words or phrases highlighted are words or phrases I am bringing back just like Justin brought sexy back.
31 comments:
Boy, he sure does like to wear his Speedos low... I'm waiting for all the hot, Michael Phelps wannabe swimmers to show up at my pool. No dice so far!
I love that show Million dollar listing, and I can't believe guyliner was stealing! LOL!
It amazes me how the speedos stay on. Great job on your swim and nice job putting up with the boys.
Another fab edition of Viv's Corner. Thanks for the tidbits. Cracked me up about the teeny-bopper Phelps-wannabes! That first picture is on the verge of scandalous! (parents shield your children's eyes!!)
Your truly,
RooBabs (you know, like from Winnie the Pooh) LOL
This is cute. Not sure that I like Phelps. I can't tell. He's nice eye candy though.
Oh, Phelpsy and his low risers...
so hot.
Viv,
THANK YOU for the Phelps Photos!!! The 1st one is HOT and the 2nd one has the lighting giving me more information than I think that I am supposed to have about a man almost 15 years younger than me!
From an chica with a degree in English, I love how you said your mom would not like the 3rd Person limited omniscient narration. YOU ROCK IN MY BOOK!!!
Thanks for all the tidbits! There's so much, I don't know what to comment on! Phelps, Bravo gossip, movie reviews! Oh my!
LOL, I'll be watchin the VMAs too. Hell, I am excited that The Hills is back!
OMFG VIV!! Where the hell did you get that pic (you know, the man bits one) I don't know if I should laugh or drool over it. I do appreciate the black and white one though. Yum-O! I'd still have to bag his head :P
Can't lie, I'm a little excited to see Phelpsy host SNL.
And man don't you hate the little punks at the pool
Phelps is puttin on a little flab. I'm gonna have to talk to that boy... Beating teen agers wherever whenever is a special treat :-) Way to go!!!
YOU slay me!!!!!! Love that Jess comment, that is TOTALLY sumfin my hubby would say!!!!! HAHAHHHAHAA
WTG on beating the teeny boppers on that swim, Viv!
And, I am SO looking forward to the VMA's. Of course, I'll be watching it with my teenage daughter, but I'm into it just as much as she is.
I am behind on posting, but am still just giddy that you placed in your TRI!!!! OMG OMG...that is freaking AWESOME!!!
I can't believe guyliner was arrested he's my favorite cm on that show lol.
Oh and I forgot to tell you Andrea said way to go on the 2nd place, she asked me on Tuesday how you ended up doing.
Ahhh... I miss seeing Phelps all over the tv every day.
too funny about the teeny bobbers in the lane next to you! Kids crack me up!
There is a post here I am sure... I ... umm... got a little lost in the scenery...
OMG on that picture, thank you ;)
The those little punk asses at the gym story is too much. I can't believe they were actually racing you!!
so funny and wierd to read your bit about being over-run with phelps wanna be's; same is true at my normally peaceful local swim club -there was even a refresher "lane ettiquete email" that had to go out to members.
Sad but true confession; I began my swimming career in the Spitz Era....somewhere there is a picture of me at a meet wearing my star spangled speedo!!!
So you never know, maybe one of those kids might find it a life long obsession. My guess is Dara will be responsible for a new wave of disciples herself!
Great job on the swim and putting those boys in their place. Newbies. :)
Nice work showing up the teenage boys. You rock!
Love Viv's Corner!
I wouldn't guyliner in my home yet lone list it...what a loser!
I wouldn't guyliner in my home yet alone list it...what a loser!
Totally feel out of it: wtf is a guyliner?
OMG Vivolicious, you're cracking me up here.
I don't even know where to start a comment so, hahahahahabwaaaahahahaha!!!
you are so funny!!
You have me LOL! I haven't had time to catch up on blogs lately and I missed me some Viv!!
I love your picture of Michael Phelps he is so yummy. I could learn to not freak out in the water if he would coach me.
Don't sweat it, I'm so behind too. I miss everyone too.
Nice swimming. You rocked those guys. Love all the extra tidbits and now other people are starting to call you Vivalicious. :D It totally fits.
To answer your question about whether its..swim swam swum..swummed did swim did swum could'a swammmed...
I believe the answer is.....
I was in the water and moving my arms around and moved forward.
Who knew???
That last paragraph was phunny (like that). I'll have to check out the SNL. Me - a fan of Phelps.
I had something similar happen in the pool to me a couple of weeks ago. Some kids were in 1 lane and everytime I'd take off on that side of the pool - the kid would "beat" me for about 10 feet. he kept doing it. Baby, I may be slow - but I can go, go, go.
Post a Comment