I found my mojo yesterday after a super email from my coach that put me back in focus. Her email was also followed up with a call. I tell you, I consider myself lucky to have her on this journey. I told coach I would be at the track this morning at 5A all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Got to the track at a freakishly 5A, warmed up, did some strides and got started on some cruise mile intervals. On my second interval there it was again...The pain that literally stopped me in my tracks. It was a seizing, sharp pain on my right gastrocnemius. Abort running mission, again!
I went back to the running store this morning with my shoes because still at this point I am some fierce believer that my shoes are the culprit. I see now that I may just be hanging on to some false accusations. This just may be an issue I have to learn to work with by strength, massage and or stretching. Still, the guy at the running store was a total condescending dickhead! I took a break before writing this because I really wanted to say more about the way he treated me, but being that he is a triathlete coach in this area and people are always swinging on his nuts I will just bite my tongue, somewhat. I did get to switch out shoes one last time to the Asics Nimbus 10. I also found the last pair on Earth of Asics Fortitude 2 in my size in Minneapolis somewhere.
Here I am now just like I was after the Thanksgiving Run Thru The Woods, in full limping status. I am pretty sure it a knot(s) on the muscle causing a spasm. I really can't stretch it out at this point. The knot on the muscle must be released first or stretching it now can lead to further complications. Mind you, this is all information I found while playing a Dr. on the internet. We have a sweet PT on our Strive team that I am about to email before breaking down and going to Dr. Mc Dreamy.Limping off, Viv
Random Thought of The Day:
I really want to do an original masthead for the blog while Runner Susan is having a sale. I need help...Is there any images or words you think of when you think of my blog(try to be nice)???

23 comments:
Ok, so I had some major cramping issues a few years ago and actually ended up in the hospital..and really never got a resolution. what I finally found that started to help was drinking something like propel water after any long run and getting massages at least every few weeks. It seems after awhile that my muscles started to relax and luckily I haven't had the issue again for awhile.
Whats up with the booty buster challenge? Sounds FUN!!
Oohh oohh oohh I am thinking about a Masthead as well!! It's been two years and I want a pretty one!
Argh, I hope you feel all better soon!
I would not go to that store again. We have a small store JUST like that here!! If you are not fast or don't look right then you had better just wait until all the fast people have been helped. Seriously..it's so lame.
Lastly, from my post and the comments...I don't care, it's a diet to me. I can't lose weight unless I diet...period. :>P
Swinging on his nuts????
GIRL taht is the funniest thing I've evah heard. Put that on your masthead!
Words when thinking of your blog:
inspiring & active. Images - spin class and torn leg muscles : )
Sorry the guy was an A-hole. PLah. New store time.
OK. I love the comment swinging on his nuts. It made me laugh! Hope you figure out what is up with the calf. Try an massage the knots out. I would work on them each night.
Swinging from his nuts? Hee!
Might be time to call in the professionals though. :o(
ROFLMAO at Jessica!! Yeah Mommacita get that for your masthead! HAHA
Nobody better be messin with my Mommacita. I'll smash those nuts. Bastard!
OMG! That was hilarious - "swinging on his nuts".... LMAO.
But, seriously - I feel like that at some stores here, sometimes. But, I do have very low self-esteem in this dept as I am always around the "fast" people. Sorry, you have to deal with that, Viv. But, I know you wont let it get to you too much. You a tough cookie.
Hate it you're going through crap again with your legs. Heal fast.
If you have muscles knotting up like that it may be some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency, but I don't know if I'm just talkin out my butt. Dehydration can also be culprit for injuries like that.
But right now, rest it. Take a hot bath. And get a massage in a few days when it's relaxed a little. A massage now might just anger the knot.
Words that come to my mind when I think of your blog: STRONG, DETERMINED, TRI-ATHLETE. :)
OK - swinging on his nuts. Love that! I actually really like that because it's true about "professional" runners - they are dickheads. I work with them. The Co-Worker is one. Professional runner - paid to run really, really fast. And he actually said that today about fellow professional athletes - they are full of themselves. I don't think he was including himself - silly boy.
The guy at the local running store that I go to is really helpful and nice, but there's a guy at the bike shop that sounds just like your running store guy. Bastages!
I haven't had this particular problem that you are describing, but I have had similar issues. Can you use a tennis ball or something to help release the knot?
Give me that dudes number! Pet peeve #4, arrogant assholes who think their better than other people. Sorry about the legs, stretching, stretching maybe pick up some yoga in the day too.
Holy shit! I loved the 'swinging on his nuts' bit. Best visual ever!
I love your profile pic. Maybe put that on your masthead. Basically, anything that shows how much you've accomplished. And that would be A LOT, my friend! :)
you ROCK! sorry about the A-hole. make sure you tell me where not to go.
How frustrating! Is this gastroc issue something relatively new that might be caused by a change in shoes, your workouts, nutrition, weather, etc? Or is it related to some specific injury you had before?
I have a hammy that is still not like it used to be and it's been nearly 6 months since I pulled it. No cramping but noticeable soreness if I push my pace, which tells me it's still not 100% healed. Actually, it may very well seize up if I went out and tried to do any track work like you did. I'm trying what you mentioned along with a hefty dose of patience.
I have always found massages to be super helpful in working out knots. I'm actually going to schedule one for myself soon. My calves aren't very happy at the moment.
"the guy at the running store was a total condescending dickhead!"
OMG !!!! What a great comment! I almost fell off my chair! I only need one guess.
You blog is the best.
Sorry to hear about your issue, Viv! Let your money do the talking!!!!
That's rough about your calf. Back in Sept/Oct when I was having that pain in my calf, I think it must have been a strain, and just needed time to go away, because it eventually felt better and better (after lots of time not running, unfortunately). But hey, what better excuse to visit Dr. McDreamy?
About the masthead, comic relief is definitely one thing I think of with your blog (especially that nut-swinging comment... is it wrong that I was for some reason picturing a bunch of miniature monkeys doing the swinging?). But, I definitely think of determined, dedicated, inspiring, giving- I could go on and on. I too adore your profile pic, and also your incognito getup. Maybe a trio of pictures with you swimming, running and biking?
I'm glad you found your mojo, but I'm sorry you're limping!!! Love the "swinging on his nuts" thing...maybe you shoulda been kicking him there. Tell him karma's a bitch when you're an a-hole!
ditto Bill....I'd call that fucker out girl!
the knots---hmmm. I think maybe shoes but also like everyone else said maybe its a vitamin thing...you should get a blood panel done and look at your B, potassium etc...
Post a Comment