This is when I find out if you really like me, by still stopping by when I have not been running by blogs(Shane is on vacation, and rolls his eyes at me if I am on the computer too much). If you know me you are aware that I am not running or cycling at all. I am still dealing with my calf injury. Being that it is still difficult to walk I would not be surprised if there is a tear involved, but too cheap(high deductible insurance) to get the MRI to prove it. I am working with my awesome PT and Strive teammate, Paula. I trust I will be back at it soon.
I have been thinking of doing a list of my favorite things for the holiday season for a while. Sorry it is not before Christmas but up before New Years, score! Since, I am the Oprah of the blog world according to Jon and hello, I go up and down the scale like that woman. All, I need to do is roll out with a wagon of chicken fat when and if I ever reach goal weight by hopefully next summer. Oh, and give all my readers a free car.....dream on! Without further due, the list.
- Wigwam Ironman Thunder Pro Socks - It is just the right thickness, and they keep my feet blister free even if sometimes I put them on with damp feet. The Ironman logo keeps me motivated.
- De Soto Tri Shorts - They fit me just right without the obscene look some tri shorts give me. They do not have those torturous extreme leg grippers, but never ever ride up. Trust me if tri shorts were going to ride up I would be the chick they ride up on.
- Brooks Epiphany Running Shorts - This short gets bonus points for the slit in the leg that keeps riding up shorts in check, even on the track. I guess you are feeling that riding up is an issue for me.
- The Stick - When used frequently and correctly can loosen up the tight muscles.
- Body Glide - Chaffing is a thing of the past when you apply wherever things may rub.
- Zoot Ultra Race - Lightweight running shoe. I use them for track workouts or short distances. I have to admit something magical does happen once they are on my feet.
- Fuel Belt - Many different belts may aim to please but nothing compares.
- Rehydrate - My new hydration of choice. Some of my cycle students have sworn there is speed in my sports bottle when I refuel with it.
- Diorshow Waterproof Mascara - I never wear make up before a workout, but sometimes I have a class to teach at 5A and I don't want to look like a zombie. This is my mascara of choice to make my eyes pop and not run down my face while sweating gallons.
- Polar F4 Heart Rate Monitor - Yes, I have the wonderful Garmin to track distance and running workouts, but my main focus is and should be calorie burn. When I am not running outside this is my go to gadget. The calorie burn is much accurate than the Garmin, and since I am a WeWa'er how many calories I burn is crucial to knowing my in and out of calories.
These are just my favorite things.... I am not being endorsed by these companies to tell you this, I wish I was, LOL!
Now it is your turn to tell me your favorite thing you can't be without on your training or exercise adventures. This is your oppurtunity to post a comment on my blog if you have just been lurking. Remeber you do not have to have a google account to comment. You can always choose name and put in your name. By posting your favorite thing in my comments section below you will be automatically entered for a giveaway on my blog sponsored by the wonderfully generous people at Onlineshoes.com. Onlineshoes.com has a plenitude of running shoes selection of all our favorite brands, and models including running apparel.
Now, don't get all jumping on the couch but Onlineshoes.com is giving one of my lucky readers who post their comment to this post a $100 gift certificate to their store, Onlineshoes.com or a pair of the New Balance 993.
Da' Rules:
~Contest only open to US residents. So sorry my Canadian pals & my fav kiwi.
~Must have a valid e-mail address.
~If you are not a regular commenter on my blog make sure you include your name in your comment.
~Only one entry per person.
~This contest will run for 2 weeks ending on January 12, 2009 at 6:00PM(CST).
~To be eligible the comment must be on this original post, not on reminder posts.
~Winner will be chosen by a drawing.
~Drawing will be videotaped to be posted on my blog.
~Good luck!


97 comments:
LMAO! Viv, you always crack me up. I love the chicken fat reference from Oprah. I was so grossed out by that when I saw it on TV.
Hmmmmm my favorite things:
Body Glide
Vicks Vapo Rub- a little dab under my nose keeps the nasal passages clear while I am running.
Moving comfort sports bras
Pearl Azumi fleece lined running tights.
I am the first - score! If I have to pick one favorite thing. By far... the BONDI band. I cannot run without one!
OK, the second... whatev... I also love, Under Armour Endure Sports Bras and Biofreeze.
OH my word, seriously I am laughing so hard at the pictures that I'm having trouble reading the words.
If I win I will try to find a video camera and jump on a couch just for you.
Hi Viv,
Here are a few of my favorite things sports jelly beans, asics and saucony running shoes.
LOL! Great list. My favorite things...hmmmmm. Larabars (the peanut cookie flavor is to die for), Gu2O, Injinji socks, and Orbea bicycles!
Ha ha, I love that skinny Oprah pic with those high-waisted jeans and the big hair. Oh, and love your face pasted on with Tom Cruise jumping on your couch. ; )
Just today I tried out for the very first time my brand new Yak Trax Pro, and I will never again run on snow without them- EVER! They are amazing.
I also really like my Nike+, especially when I get a shout out from Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods.
I dig my Nike capri running tights and my Champion C9 singlets from Target (although this time of year, I only wear them for indoor workouts- haha). And I am rarely without my Pro-Tec IT Band strap.
My favorite....my running skorts, I feel and look fine as wine in them!
All time favorite thing related to running, etc. is Mountain Berry Accelerade. :-)
Hmm...keep getting an error when trying to comment...
Anyway, I love that you put your face on Oprah! Too funny.
My fave thing is the stick. And, I'm with Carly on Moving Comfort bras. They are the best!
I love my NB 816s that they discontinued.
Also my Cool Max Adidas running pants. They aren't skin tight so they don't look gross covering my arse.
My True Fit Knee brace that I have lost so many times that I now have 4 (but only know where 1 is)
Besides my garmin, I'd have to say cranberry shot blocks
Ah the chicken fat - classic. And gross.I can't live without Nike tempo shorts. Preferably in color :)
How can any girl only have one fav? There are many for this TriChic. #1-Cool Feet by Hammer to keep my feet cool in my Wigwam Ironman Thunder Pro socks that fit perfectly into my Adidas Adistar shoes (do you like that 3 in 1?)#2-Cytomax (any flavor) in my 8 oz bottles on my Helium Fuel Belt that fits so nicely over my Nike Tempo running shorts or DeSoto Forza tri shorts. #3-can anyone really train well without the following: Headsweats? IPod? Garmin? or most of all, Teammates/Training Partners?
The favorite things and LOGO cracked me up entirely!! That is hilarious!
I'm with you on the bodyglide, the stick, the rest of the stuff I have to try! Either way, love your list!!
My favorite thing is my nike+ hatphones which I started wearing indoors because I hate headphones that don't fit in my ear and the wires that come with them. I've been through about 10 pairs of headphones in the past year.
My fave thing is Secret Clinical Strength deodorant!! I mean, who wants to wreak while you run?
contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com
My Enell Bra - nothing moves with that baby
And my Nike + - I love the challenges
LOVE IT!
My weight is also up and down, JUST like Oprah... I feel for her.
My favorite things to take on a run-
I don't think I could ever run again without my Garmin or my ipod.
And, I love my little Reebok running skirt in the summer.
And the Frank Shorter Goretex in the winter.
Ah shucks, I'm not a US resident anymore. So sorry to hear that your calf is still bugging you. I'm sending thoughts for a speedy recovery your way!
Hmm, what running gear can't I live without? I love my Garmin...but ultimately it has to be my Asics Kayanos. Those babies keep me running!
Happy new year Viv!
Wow, I've seen some pretty creative ways to get people to give up some comment-love, but I think this one takes the cake.
I'd probably have to say my favorite things would have to be bandaids. I can't go much more than a mile or two before my nipples chaf. Sorry..TMI, but it's true! I'd of course like to say my Garmin, but if I had to chose, it'd be the bandaids.
I love your posts.. they are so creative!
I can't run with out my hair holder back head band thingy. It keeps whispys out of my face that drive me crazy.
I've become addicted to my Nike+ and like RooBabs said, getting a shout-out is the best! However, i've only ever got one from Paula Radcliffe. BOO
Last but not least my mizuno shoes that rock. Ive tried so many different brands but they are the lucky ones. I also must make sure my orthotics are in my shoes when i head out for a run, or i'm in big trouble!
Happy New Year
lets see...
Body Glide yes!
water: Amphipod handheld
shoes: Asics Gel Nimbus 10
Fuel: Gu chocolate
Watch: Polar 200SD w/ HR monitor
I've always been amazed how male runners run with those small tight shorts - what about your stuff hanging out? hahaha
My fave has to be the garmin, and anything under armour. :)
too bad i'm north of the border... oh well. Sorry to hear about the calf... keep resting it and playing it smart, and you'll be back soon! :) Happy New Year!
My fave things:
Kool 'n Fit (sprayed directly on my IT band)
Body Glide
socks that fit
Origin's wipe off face wash (yes I'm a girl and I've started to break out horribly after beginning tri training...)
An inhaler, preferably mine.
Something to keep my hair out of my face (head band, visor, hat)
My amipod fuel belt, long runs of course!
fav things!!! i have so many :)
any nikes clothes, garmin, ipod shuffle, adidas hat, wright socks and my asics kayanos!
I love your blog, I just found it by reviewing "Run to Finish" blogs she reads.
I have two items thus far I can not live without: 1-My Brooks running shoes and 2. My Garmin. I know my items will increase as my mileage increases.
Great Blog! Keep up the great work!
Melissa
My Favorite things: 1) Ike the Bike 2) My Mizuno running shoes and new orthotics 3) any bathing suit, running short or bike wear that makes me look 10lbs lighter (if you find any of these things let me know, they will be my new favorite) 4) and the awesome Wigwam socks I won from your first challenge!
Love your list Viv! Hang in there with that calf injury...
My favorite thing is my addidas work out shorts. I bought like 20 pairs of the same style, I love them! They're perfect to work out in :)
I lovelovelove my nike air rifts.
and you.
can I say you?
will that make me a winner?! :)
Favorite things?
I would definitely have to throw in my Ultra Support Champion Sports Bra.... Under Armour ankle socks.... and my Brooks Trance running shoes!
Cannot be without my Under Armour (tights and cold gear in the winter and heat gear in the summer)
You think they'd thrown me a bone with some stuff test by now lol.
Longtime lurker here, finally setting up my own blog! Your posts keep me laughing, Viv - especially the yellow words you're 'bringing back'!
My fav thing is my Mizuno Wave Rider shoes - love love love them!
Thanks for sharing your list!
I am SO jumping all over your couch! OMG, Oprah...er, Viv, fantastic giveaway!!!!
My favorite things to take to the gym are sort of dorky, but that describes me too, so I guess it would be appropriate. My very favorite is my little bag that I carry everything in. So handy and it was a freebie from our wellness committee at work. Second would be my sweat towel. LOL I'm a sweaty, sweaty gal when I work out so I gotta have something to mop up the liquid that pours forth from my body!
Like I said, I am a dork.
Oh and my wonderful sports bra that keeps the girls from poking my eyes out. I think it's a Champion brand, but it works WONDERFULLY!
I read that Oprah said she wishes she'd never done the whole "wagon of fat" thing since she gained all that weight back.
My fav things: Brooks Adrenaline shoes, Nike Tempo shorts, iPod shuffle, Garmin, Brooks visor, and definitely, Body Glide!
Favorite Things.. Vasoline, Nike running shorts, Garmin, Ipod, G2, Chocolate Gu and all my running brothers and sista's.
And how do I sign up for the free shoe's. I can not seem to figure this one out.
This was great Viv--especially the pictures!
We share a lot of faves (Fuel Belt, Body Glide, the Stick). Some others that come to mind are my CW-X sports bra, my foam roller, a brand new pair of running shoes (Asics Kayanos), Bio-Freeze and Expresso Love Gu.
Happy New Year!
Ahhh... So you've noticed that about the Zoots too! Very cool. I am not the only one!! Happy New Year, Viv!!!
1.not having to have anything but shoes, shorts and a shirt to run.
that being said. . .
2. I do love my garmin.
3. My Nike shoes
4. Ipod
5. race tees.
6. 26.2 sticker on my truck.
7. Running Blogs.
but, I'd give that all up if I could run injury free and a couple minutes faster!
Viv - take care of the injury and we'll see you on the flip side.
LOL Oprah of the blogging world!
My favorite things??? Right now it's the Feetures now show socks...they keep the pesky arch blisters away! Others - running skirt, Vanilla Bean Gu, my 6 year old fuel belt (haha!) and my trusty Garmin...until I noticed your comment about the calories! Doh!
I am loving my CW-X tights right now, they're 3/4s so not overly toasty but very kind on your knees!
Viv - Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I actually got out for a very slow 2.5 mile run. That is pretty much all I could do - how very sad is that!?!?!
A few of my favorite things:
Running Skorts - I also have the problem with shorts riding up, but the skirt hides it!!!
Body Glide - I have run one race without it and will NEVER do it again!
Nike+ iPod - I love running with music and the geek in me like to track my mileage (Garmin here I come).
Vanilla Bean Gu - Can't do long runs without it!
One more thing - pick me pick me!!!! I really need new shoes!
It saddens me that I will be trotting along the streets of Houston without you....
1. Nike+ hearing 400 meters to go gives my heart joy
2. Nike running hat to keep these long flowing locks out of my face
3. Camelback cause this fat girl gets thirsty
4. Mizuno Wave Riders cause my pappy gave me the feet of an 80 yr old lady and these shoes are heaven
5. Under Armour tights for long runs in 12 degree Ohio weather and Under Armour compression shorts to keep all the jiggle in place.
See you in a few short weeks!
Wheeling out chicken fat is never not a good idea.
Great Favorite Things list.
For me, it's my iPod Shuffle. I like the tiny size, adorable purple color, and the randomness of song selection. No way I'm running without it!
Aw VIVALICIOUS. You rock as always. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I hope you are healing soon.
Favorite running things -
Running blogger pals, especially VIV
Enell, well duh
Garmin
My club :D simply a must
You are so much better than Oprah, Viv. No joke.
My essentials:
-Asics 2130s--Love the support and cushioning. Don't know what I'm going to do now that they've discontinued the line.
-Champion sports bras--both encapsulation and uniboob types. I'm a double-bagger. :)
-BodyGlide--It has saved me from severe chafe marks in the boob area.
Happy New Year, Viv!
I'm not able to be included, so there's no point!!!! lol
My favourite things:
Asics run socks
Polar heart rate monitor with foot pod
Xterra run cap
My NEW sexy TT bike!!!!!
Happy New Year!!!
You are the best, girl!
I've got to get me a good heart rate monitor. I really need to see if I'm working as hard as I think I am sometimes.
I hear ya, on the MRI. I don't want to drop that kind of cash either. Either that, or wait until Jan 1 when FSA kicks in.
Okay - me:
- Good running bra
- icy hot or biofreeze
- ipod
- garmin
VIV Rocks!!!
My most favorite thing is my Garmin!! Out of all my things it is the one I have to have for running. :>) Ok, let's see what else...
amphipod handheld bottle
Target running shorts...may they RIP
Shuffle
brooks running skirt! SWEET!
ASICS
Drymax socks
THE FROG BRA!
Kleenex
NUUN
Cateye
Infinit sports drink!
Shot blocks
Ok, you just wanted a few, right?
I will officially stop lurking tonight and comment. My favorite things include: The actual song from Sound of Music that lends it's name to this giveaway; my corgi; my family; my under armour sweats; and my bed. As far as running specific: my IPOD, BodyGlide, ear warmer, screw shoes(I made them myself), and visor flashlight (I run early in the morning). Thanks for the chance to comment.
OMG Viv...I LOVE your Blog... Blog Oprah is PRICELESS..
My faves?
1. My Nike Vomero Sunglasses (they are lightweight and NEVAH fog up).
2. My C9 Knee length running tights (shorter than a capri, longer than a compression short. I have ride-up issues too and these are THE BEST)
3. Gu (plain flavor)
4. Glide
5. Underarmor sports bra (I don't know what the style is, but it has padded shoulder straps, and I LOVE it).
from now on, I will refer to you as Vivprah...
I can't go without the waterproof mascara...Just kidding of course!!!
Have a great New year!!
dude, you are going to have about 5 million comments on this post!
Ok My favs:
#1- My favorite thing about running is my running friends. Without running I would have never met YOU or the rest of my running blog pals. I love you guys and on the days when running and I don't get along, you all make me smile and laugh and get my ass outside and run! Running friends are definitely the BEST thing about running.
#2- My Rudy Project Graal SX sunglasses. I wear them pretty much 24/7. I never ever run without them! If I had to choose between running with clothes and no Rudy's or naked with the Rudy's, I'd take naked any day!
OK. My faves... my cervelo bike, my powertap (what am I saying? I like it but don't have a clue how to use it right!)... my Newtons, .... and my COMPY GOGGLES! I've been using those $3 goggles for 20 years and they are DA BOMB!!! Gotta love 'em! Happy Holidays Viv!
I think my Sorbathane running shoe insoles are the coolest things since sliced bread :-).
Happy new year gorgeous!
I can't live without reading your blog and loving your wonderful sense of humor :-)
I also can't live without my Nike running shorts and peanut butter!!
Hawt damn Mommacita!! You've got the hookup over here!
I say the one thing I can't live without is my Garmin. I'd rather run naked and shoesless before I part with that baby.
I am lusting after a Garmin, but for now my can't-run-without-it piece is my ipod. If I happen to forget it, even though it's all in my head, I feel like I can't run.
Viv,
Your blog always brings a smile to my face. I agree body glide is a must, Headsweats visors rock, and my compression recovery socks would be top 5 too. My addidas supernova cushions would've made the list but they changed them this year and not for the better so I am using my stick more making it a favorite instead.
What an awesome giveaway.
My favorite thing, although new to me, is my Christmas Garmin. Love it!
too bad about the shoes. I have to work out a thing with Tom at Runners Lounge.
Just for that I am NOT going to tell you my favourite running things. :)
Happy New Year Viv. Hope it's a wonderful year... and I hope your calf heals up
My new favorite thing is ENDORUSH by BSN products! AWESOME pre-workout drink!
Great list Viv!
My favorites? My iPod, my Ascis Gel-Nimbus running shoes, Balega socks and my Under Armour sports bra.
That's okay Vivolicious! We Canuks still love you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Hey Honey...nice post...don't forget to mention to your readers that you get a few choice words with those eye rolls!
My favorite thing is GU ROCTANE, Blueberry Pomegranate flavor...it really gives a great boost...thanks honey:)
Hang in there and you will be back on your feet before you know it!
Viv, I LOVE the Oprah cutout with your face. LMFAO
My favorite thing is my Polar 6 Pink Fizz HRM. I love seeing how many calories I burn. And, this fat girl burns a lot of calories (*because* she's fat LOL)
I also love my little blinky light thing that clips onto my shirt when I go running after dark.
Viv, you're so witty. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you are doing all the right things!
For races, I need my family close to the finish line. I always look for their smiling faces to give me that last push.
For weekend long runs, nothing is better than a running partner. Makes the miles fly by!!
Mary
I'm up for free shit. Thanks fopr the heads up.
My favorite thing to run with? A healthy sense of self-righteousness.
Now, where are my free shoes?
Red Wine
White Russians
and anything pink.
You're too crazy girl. I love all the official rule.
My fav things
Dirty Martinis
Tall sexy men
Oh wait, you meant running items? Crap. Nevermind then. ha ha.
don't forget to turn in your HBBC points
I'm now addicted to my Garmin. Of course, I didn't buy the damn footpod because I was being cheap so now I'm on a dreadmill without a Garmin it's pissing me off.
*sob*
HOLD ME!
Onion Rings are my favorite running item--as in I only eat them when I go for a run that day.
I also like my running skirt (the real brand)
Thanks for the reminder to leave my comment.
2 of my favorite things.
1. Vicks also - thought I was the only one. Love to put a little under the nose before a run.
2. Has to be my Garmin 305. Really is the only coach I need.
Hey Viv,
Thanks for giving me the heads up on this little contest. I have been under the weather so I have not been in Blog-land for a while.
My favorite thing...I would have to say my Fuel Belt. I have four of them: a six bottle, a four bottle, a Team in Training Purple Helium four bottle, and a 2 10oz. bottle one. I feel naked when I run without my Fuel Belt. I also kinda feel like I am wearing Batman's utility belt with all the pockets and stuff hanging off of it, LOL.
Happy New Year Chica!
Hi Viv! I saw your blog linked to my TIR team, checked it out and find it super-entertaining! Keep up all the good work and I wish u a speedy recovery!
Btw-my favorites: short distances: Brooks T5 Racers, longer distances: any Cytomax product
Ok I'm de-lurking! this post is so funny...and I've actually be to Oprah before!
My favorite things are:
Sunshades vanilla lip balm
North Face warm-up pants
New running shoes!
OK my fav things are
my running bra --oops did I say that out loud--hehe
My MP3 player, my long sleeve light weight running shirts, buffs, and my 24hour fitness treadmill :-)
and my fav givaway is the Trigger Point Workbook
Happy New Year VIV!!
Body Glide has TOTALLY saved my nipples and pits! And I've started using it on my toes too!! Good stuff!
Viv, have I said I love you lately? Thanks for passing by and reminding me to get my commenting on.
My favorite thing is actually a food product: Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino. After a run it is the best tasting thing I've ever had. It's the perfect mix of milk, chocolate, and coffee. So delicious! I go through a quart of this stuff every two weeks.
Favorite items: skirt sport running skirts, new balance sports bras, body glide
Favorite 'thing': not having runners trots on a long very public run
Dooode I already entered ;-).
But I might change my fav things to POM's. Just add salt.
I never know what to say, but I DO enjoy reading your blog, mama!
~Rita
My favorite things to run with:
Body Glide for my thunder thighs.
Band-aids for my nipples.
iPod nan for inspiration.
Happy New Year Viv (a mere week late!) Love the post and love reading the comments. The thing I absolutely could not run without is my Moving Comfort Maia bra (lest I injure myself or someone else!) but my favorite thing is my sassy running skirt. There is something empowering about running in a skirt. Peace.
Oh, fun contest!! Love your list, too. What I can't run without...
balaga running socks. Love those things! Expensive, but a treat for your feet!
Hi there, I found your blog this morning :) I like trail running and my favorite thing has become my key (making sure I have it)...I locked myself out once and it was an extra long run home after a 10 miler.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Favorite combination - running through the park in a Speedo Endurance bathing suit with a my headsweats visor, Fila running shoes (that are discontinued, blasted) and thorlo socks. The looks you get are priceless and I love running in a bathing suit!
I'm totally addicted to my Garmin. I can hardly run without it.
Loved your list. I'm gonna have to find some of that mascara. I ran late in the day and don't always completely take off my makeup, so I come back looking like a raccoon.
Found your blog off RunnerSusan's. :)
I love brooks and nike shorts! :) I also like my asics kayanos and leggings this winter season!
I'm a new follower of your blog, Viv, and I love your blog. You are so witty!
Here are a few of my favorite things:
asic running shoes
ipod nano
running skorts
These haven't been mentioned yet and are some of my favorite things...
The USATF website where you can track and measure your running routes, as well as look up routes when traveling.
A good log book where you can record your runs - time, distance, weather, how you feel, running partners, etc.
Email - makes it so easy to coordinate runs with lots of friends.
Enjoying the blog...lrtriathlete.
Like your list!
For me, I'd have to say it's some sort of eye protection, sunglasses or tinted goggles (unless I'm indoors and not swimming). I wear contacts and have light sensitive eyes and can't stand to have wind, water, bright sun, bright pool bottoms or whatever in my eyes. My visor would be a close second but that's only when running (not cycling or swimming).
Love it Viv! Sorry you're working through injury again.
My favorite things?
Under Armour running tights
running skirt
Asics Gel Kayanos
sport jelly beans and fig newtons
map my run dot com
Glad you posted your blog on WW, I just started one myself to keep me on track with running.
Favorite thing, I love my running skirt, it makes me feel pretty while I run.
Denise
AKA Goodfido
So many favorites!
Here are the top ones:
- EAS CarbAdvantEdge protein shakes
- Bondi Bands
- Balega socks
- Champion PowerBak bra (great for DDs, comfy enough to wear all day, & no uni-boob!)
- nasal rinse thing - gross, but haven't been sick at all since using it!
- MEDALS!
Oh yeah -- and the tracking log on Runners World.Com
I LOVE seeing how many miles I've gone and tracking mileage on shoes is great too.
Post a Comment