Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Such A Hater

Actually, I am usually pretty cool. Like I see Beyonce with all her statueisc thick legged grace and I think, man no doubt I would be doing the booty shake in a leotard and heels if I was blessed like her. Shit, I still do the booty shake and, I am let's just say more blessed than her. LOL!

All my non hater ways went to the crapper this morning after Shane bounces in after his 5 mile run (have I mentioned his number got called on the Aramco Houston 1/2 waiting list so he will be doing the 1/2 in January(his first), (wow () inside of a () obviously grammar faux pas record for me). He is kinda doing the booty shake and all giddy, just a laughing while brewing coffee. I am still wiping the crust aways from my eyes and my hair is looking quite identical to a birds nest when he plants a kiss on me with a cheery, "good morning, sweet!" That bastard is on a running endorphin kick. I can totally recognize it. It is the same giddiness I pop back in my house with after a strong track workout.

Can you tell I am lacking my endorphins??? I warmed up yesterday with a couple miles at an easy 12 and felt great. Once I kicked into the 800's it took 3.25, yes 3.25 of them to bring back the seize in my right calf, which stops my run on the 4th 800. I am noting that intensity seems to get the calf aggravated. Cycling tends to keep the calf calm, which is good since I am working 6 classes this week. (bring on the HBBC points)

I am back to rubbing the knot out again and can now walk without the sexy limp that seize brings with it. Well, I got news for you calf, I am a super aggressive chic so I am going to see Dr. Mc Dreamy on Thursday to get PT into full swing. I will catch up with you guys later today between my two Spin classes, life has me a little busy these days.


Random Thought of The Day: Radio Shack has the geekiest guys working there, but they sure are knowledgeable and helpful.

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Life's no fair. I hope you figure out what is going on with your calf. Maybe stop doing the track work?

RunToTheFinish said...

For what it's worth, when I had my calf issues I found that I could do a lot of walking.. I could do easy running and not a problem. And I did also find that taking time off...made it worse. my muscles needed to move, just maybe slower

N.D. said...

The endorphins are great and necessary. You'll be back!!

Nicole said...

My left calf is KILLING me too and i wish i could figure out why. Hang in there chica.

Tammy said...

Sorry about your calf, but at least you have an excuse to hang out with Dr. Mcdreamy...

Nitmos said...

Arrrgggh! The calf! I feel your pain. It'd be nice if, like the appendix, we could live without them.

Calyx Meredith said...

What a drag that the calf is still bothering you! Hope PT can give you some relief.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i hear ya on the calf issues! Hope it's nothing and goes away soon -- and that PT and cycling will help too :)

Aron said...

ohhh i am craving some running endorphins right now :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I have always found Radio Shack has the most clueless guys working there.

ShirleyPerly said...

Man, I hope PT or something can get that calf to calm down. Good luck with all those classes!

C said...

I hear you on all of this!

Hope the calf gets better, Viv.

Marcy said...

Is that book for real?!? LMAO!

Awwwhhh Viv I hope that calf feels better Mommacita!

E said...

Hope the calf gets better really soon!

Aka Alice said...

(Of course) I never think there is EVAH a way to include too many () in a single post...lol

Calf issues stink. Good that you have the spinning classes to keep you going...(I'm such a glass half-full kinda gal).

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I don't get the Beyonce thing at all... but shrug... if you've got it flaunt it.

Yeah. I'm super stressed of late. Need to run but the weather/job combo is killing me here. I need to get a better gym solution. Ack!

Mendy said...

Seems a lot of peeps are having issues with their calfs. David is having problems with his.

Take it easy, girl.

triguyjt said...

radio shack... you are dead on...

I went into two of them today...both places...awesome help....

I even bought something I didn't know existed and now can see why its a useful thing tohave..thanks tothe geek...

I think that I shall adopt that geek!!!

Lily on the Road said...

just a thought, maybe your calf knot / pain is due to a circulation problem...

seriously...

get that checked it could be deep vein thrombosis...I'm no doctor, but I'd get it checked...

Wes said...

My right calf is actin funky again too. I think I need to start rolling it out again. Very cool hubby got into the half! Don't be a hater!!! LOL...

TX Runner Mom said...

I hope the hot PT guy will get you back to pain free running again!!!

Jess said...

Nothing can piss you off more when you're injured than seeing other runners doing it just fine and dandy. I can't imagine if I lived with one of those runners (although, congrats to Shane for training for his first half; that's awesome for him!). And as for cheery people in the morning, they need their kneecaps busted.

X-Country2 said...

Yeah, watching other runners all happy and healthy makes me nuts. Stick-eye for sure!

P.O.M. said...

I love parenthesis too (obviously).

I could use some endorphins right about now - might help with the slight hangover. That, or a big fat burger and fries.

Stuart said...

Hope you iron out those knots, you'll be back at it soon enough I am sure

Anonymous said...

Hopefully between the Dr. and PT your calf will be feeling good. Keep us posted.

J~Mom said...

Don't be a hater. LOL

I hope your apt. went well!! Did you start PT? Do tell!

J~Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

It's the holidays! You'll get your swerve back in January, I promise.

RooBabs said...

That dirty badger, flaunting his running endorphins in front of you, LOL! That's cool that he'll be doing his first half, though.

Too bad about your stinkin' calf. Luckily the bike doesn't bother it. I hope it gets better soon.