Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

I always enjoy when Lily on The Road does Wordless Wednesday except she holds true and types not one word. Me, I feel the need to explain. I guess that blows "wordless" out.
  • I am sick
  • I am trying to massage out my calf knots
  • I am still reading a book from my tri sis to get a mental grip
  • I have 2 Spin classes to work today (oh that is not depicted in the picture)
  • I am yet to understand Facebook (oh not in the picture either).

Random Thought of The Day: My older cousins once offered me $1 a minute for up to 30 minutes if I could shut up when I was 11.

Yea, I didn't even walk outta that joint with a dollar.

34 comments:

Marcy said...

LMAO Mommacita! I'm the same way. I always have to yap at least a sentence :P

You'll get used to FB. It's confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it :-)

Runner Leana said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon Viv!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon! Oh and I stink at anyhing wordless, I bet most bloggers do:)

Jess said...

I hope you feel better soon!

My older cousin gave me a $1 to yank one of my loose teeth out when I was a kid. I did it. And I probably promtly spent my dollar on candy.

C said...

The Stick looks mighty funny on a nightstand.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Feel better. Hope the knots work there way out.

Lily on the Road said...

hahaha, I love the fact that you and Marcy "add your two cents worth"....you two always make me LOL!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Feel better soon Viv!, lol at your comments... I wouldn't have walked out with $1 either. :)

Shannon said...

Spinning and Sickness don't mix well.

I'm sorry.......

triguyjt said...

quiet is not your style and we are all the better for it...

keep talking and living viv!!

Felice Devine said...

Keep up with the Stick. I love, love, love the Stick and use it all the time. Really helps with those knots. Good luck!

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm a wordy wench too. I don't even know that I'd attempt WW. Hope you feel better!! (Out, out damn knot!)

Unknown said...

LOL on the random thought!

Wes said...

Not even a dollar? No!?!? :-)

Lauren said...

I can NOT understand facebook. I've been going and trying to figure out what to do/what's the point. Let me know if you figure it out.

RooBabs said...

Love the non-wordless Wordless Wednesday. The Hubs would probably take all $30 for a full 30 minutes, but I on the other hand would make up for his lack of verbal communication. I love your loquaciousness- don't ever stop!

BTW, I realized that your half-marathon is the same weekend as mine. Wahoo! Hopefully you'll heal up in time.

CoachLiz said...

I LOVE the Ruby Slippers that you wore with your holiday outfit! I had to laugh at Buster putting down 519 jumps. Is that kid crazy??? Hope you get feeling better. Oh, and I think I saw your mojo in the parking lot of the Memorial City Mall. It could have been Tigg's but it was moving too fast for me to catch it.

Aron said...

hope you feel better soon!!

Pat said...

I've been using my stick a lot lately. But, the foam roller seems to work a bit better. At least it hurts more.

I like the pictures the best on Facebook.

Nicole said...

Feel better soon! I yap and yap and yap all the time.. my parents say, since i started talking, i havent shut up!!!

Unknown said...

Get well soon!

LOL about the $1 per minute thing. Funny!

N.D. said...

I need a personal massouse.. and
facebook is fun : )

Nitmos said...

That image is repeated on bedside tables through out the Midwest these days. Except the book. Everyone reads something different.

Unknown said...

After studying the picture that you have taken, it doesn't look good to see all those kleenex milling around.

Hope you feel better !!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Get betta soon girlie!

Carly said...

I hope you feel better soon. I always have to type stuff too....I can't shut up in real life, blogging is no different.

Aka Alice said...

I've never tried to do wordless Wednesday. 1. I do have an utter inability to be wordless and 2. I never have any good pictures... but now that I know I don't have to be wordless, maybe I'll reconsider...hmmmmm

Mendy said...

You'll get facebook soon.

Get better girl! Didn't know you were doing 2 a day spin classes.

J~Mom said...

Feel better soon girl!!!

Anonymous said...

nice blog there Vivian!!!
Hello my name is Christy Lee. I am seeking out possible link partners that our visitors would be interested in visiting. I've found your website to be a very good fit for our visitors. I have already gone ahead and added your link to our website at: http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/
I am contacting you to see if it is ok to have done so. Also, I would like to ask if you mind linking back to us? If so, please use the linking details below and send me the location of our link on your website.
Here is our linking details:

Title: Weight Loss Management
URL: http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/

I hope this can be a way for us to benefit our visitors with excellent content.
You can email me at:
wheepin_guitar@yahoo.com when you have added our link on your page.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Christy Lee
http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/

X-Country2 said...

Get well soon! I don't even want to try Facebook. I'm addicted to blogging. Don't have time to add Facebook. I need to keep my job. :o)

SuperDave said...

Hey Viv,
One way to get a knot out of a muscle is by slowing squeezing and pushing on it until the knot goes away. No BS! It will cause intense pain while doing it. Again , no BS!
As a Dr. I see alot of this(knots on muscle[Myofascial Pain Syndrome} - many different reasons), minus going to a PT,you may be able to do this yourself.
1.Warm the muscle - warm compress
2.Slowly massage the area
3.Smash your thumb and twist it into the knot (Deep tissue massage) over and over until it breaks apart. Crying is ok, it will hurt!
4. Apply muscle cream - yeah the stinky stuff..
5. Take NSAID's - ibuprofen/naproxen
Good luck!

SuperDave said...

Sry late - I posted a possible fix to your knots on other post..
Hope it works for ya!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Viv

IMHO, the world would be a very boring, quiet place without people like you. On the other hand, it would be nice to get an offer like that now....