Thursday, August 2, 2007

LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE 5K Training Week 6 Part II


Giving my runners sup nod....

I am beginning to understand the term runners high. I am not by all means a full fledged runner yet, but I am definitely trying. Why do I feel like I am on top of my own world right now? I did my third run for the week, and guess what? I was able to move to the next tier of my training schedule. I did 3 cycles of 6R/1W. It was slow, but completed! I do not let myself get down about my pace since right now I am just trying to run a 5K with out walking. I did 2 miles at a pace of 16.02. I than did an additional 1/2 mile walking to cool down and threw some sprints in there, I guess you could call it a beginner form of fartlek. LOL! I think I am really cool when I speak runner lingo! Today was another 2 a day today workout. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and abs. Tomorrow, is a strength training day and elliptical again.
Today when I finished my running cycles I gave myself the thumbs up.
Dumb Ass!
or for my spanish speaking pals
Come Meirda!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm very proud of you Viv!! You're killing me though lol. I've been trying to make up some ground before school starts and maybe be able to a do a 5k at the same time as you, whether or not I go to Austin. Keep it up, you're doing awesome!!

Unknown said...

Hey Vivian, I think you are on your way to being a full-fledged runner. Melissa is really motivated cause of you so I think you might have some competition by the next weigh-in. Alright, keep up the hard work.