How is the gimp doin?
I am pretty well, and my leg is starting to get better at least when just walking around and taking stairs. I have been otay with the boot. I will admit that I am not wearing it as much as I should. I better stop that crap! It hurts the most if I put too mush pressure on it, either by standing long periods of time or hard impact. I jogged from the mail box today since there was a slight spit of rain, and damn it hurt! I hope it will all go away soon. My biggest fear is that when I start running again I will not be able to hang anywhere close to where I was. Not, that I was at some glorious running place, but it is a hell of a lot better than I was 7 weeks ago. I have been to spinning class almost everyday. On Friday & Saturday I did the recumbent or the chillin bike, as I like to call it at home. It was hot in that garage so I could only hang about 35 minutes. Sunday, was my R&R and I volunteered at a womens tri. It was a great experience! I left the place feeling completely motivated and inspired to continue my quest on achieving a strong level of fitness. I saw a couple ladies at the gym today who participated in the tri. It was great to hear their thoughts on the whole experience. I did spinning today, and it was with none other than "killer Rachel". It was awesome though, and the hour was up before I knew it. Either, I am getting better or she had an off class! Cool feeling alert.. a girl from class said she can tell I have been shrinking since I started at the gym. Yaa! I than incorporated strength training back in the mix. I had taken all last week off from strength training with all the drama of not being sure what was up with my leg. It felt great to work out with the weights again, for some reason I instantly feel supa strong. LOL! I am not really sore, which I thought I would be. I wonder at times if I am not working hard enough. I know I don't want to tear something and over extend myself so I will try to chillax. I do 3 sets of 15 reps with a weight that begins to get tough on the last reps on each set, so I should be good right? I really need to do some core work. I tried to this side plank exercise I saw in Runners World, and umm... I looked like I was just laying on my side. I couldn't budge an inch, alright I will be honest, I couldn't budge a centimeter off the ground. Note to self, gotta work the core!
3 comments:
Viv- Great that you are keeping up with cross-training while you are unable to run!
My core is feeling pretty soft and flabby lately as well- gee, thanks for the reminder!
WTG on cross training! And, WTG for helping out at the Tri!
viv - i'm betting it was you getting stronger, not the instructor having an off day, cause you are a super buff biker chick now ;0)
Post a Comment