I officially feel like a loser right now, this instant. I went for my scheduled run. It was supposed to be a 6R/1W, and 5 minutes into the run my legs were burning. I swear I left one of my lungs somewhere around minute 3. What's up with me? I did so wonderful on Thursday and now that feels like a lifetime ago. To start with the truth I was just going to do nothing today. Damned be that 4th scheduled running day this week. I was going to make it a full day of rest since I have not had one of those in almost 2 weeks. Shane, my husband said we should go for a run this evening and have Andrew, drive his lil monster truck. It all sounded like a fabulous idea in theory. Except, after 7 minutes, I quit! I gave up! I did not cross my own imaginary finish line. I should have walked the rest, but I didn't feel like it, I just fucking didn't! I am assuming others have had days like this. I am sitting outside posting this blog, and I am still in my running clothes, and the evening is perfect, breezy, sundown, and not even humid. It is the complete opposite of what Houston should be in August. So, do I sit here and keep bitching or do I get off my ass and do something!
***I did it!! After, venting on my blog, I got up and, "I was runnin" to quote Forest Gump. I did 3 cycles of 6R/1W, my scheduled training run. The house was the 1/2 mile marker, and every time I passed the house Shane & Andrew would give me the thumbs up..I felt so much better after completing it, crossing my imaginary finish line felt incredible. My pace was get this, drum roll please, better than Thursdays 14.08. I was down 2 minutes per mile from the last run. Still, nothing to put in the Guinness Book of World Records, but definitely a record for me. I had my iPod rockin' the Three Days Grace song, "Pain". It rang true to me while I was runnin'
"I'd rather feel pain than nothin at all"
5 comments:
I'm late on this, but WTG on doing the training run. You're right - everyone does have those runs where you quit or hate every step.
cool to see it unfold in your blog, getting back out there and accomplishing what you set out to do.
You are awesome for getting back out there. No doubt, everyone has days like that, but not everybody sucks it up and finishes like you did. Be proud!
Vivian- WTG on getting out there and DOING it!! I am SO good at coming up with excuses myself.
Hi Viv, thanks for stopping by! It's great to read about your training. Looks like you are doing a great job...keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more!
Hey Vivian, I think you're doing a good job. You are definitely kicking everyones butt in the weight loss competition. You should take it easy for the next couple of weeks so the rest of us can have a chance at catching up to you, hehe. You look much thinner so I can only imagine what kind of shape you'll be in by the time of the 5k. Alright, talk to you later. Keep it up!
Post a Comment