Wednesday, August 29, 2007
LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE 5K Training Week 9 Part II
Kickboxing...where do I start, but by saying I suck ass at it! Rita, my best friend, texted me saying did you kick ass tonight? Uh, no! If confronted in some kind of fight I now know that I would: A. run away or B. cycle away. I started the morning by hitting a spin class for an hour followed by a full body strength training session. I was telling "Killer Rachel" I wanted to do another spin class again tonight, and she suggested that I join her since she teaches the kickboxing class. I thought I could hang, right? She taught me some alternative steps to take as to not put too much pressure on that bum leg of mine. I will start by saying I am not coordinated. I am a klutz without a doubt. I love to dance, but to the beat of my own drum, hence never being successful in any dance class. I was in there just a kicking and a punching every wrong way. All that was going through my mind as I looked in the mirror was that song, everybody was kung-fu fighting ta da da those cats were fast as lightning, as I looked like an uncoordinated goofball! I guess I am uncoordinated due to lack of concentration and focus. I think my heart rate got up to decent level, but nothing off the charts since I spent most of the class trying to be on cue. The best part was 15 minutes of ab work at the end, cause you can never do too much abs. Dr. Mc Dreamy date tomorrow, hoping I get cleared. I guess I really won't know till I try to run again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Before my running days, I used to love kick boxing. But, it always did kick my arse! BTW, thanks for the Starbucks tip. My problem is that I don't like too much coffee taste, so I always go for the fru-fru drinks. I swear, a tall non-fat, no-whip mocha used to be 3 points. Now I'm using the on-line tracker and it says it's 5 point! Yikes!
I try not to look at myself in the mirror during kick boxing or any class really. I throws me off and I never look as good at it as I think I am.
Good luck at Dr McDreamy's!!
Crossing all things crossable that you will be cleared.
I think kickboxing is probably one of those types of classes that you have to go a few times to get the hang of it. I've never been to a kickboxing class.
Post a Comment