I hope everyone had an outstanding weekend. I am so sorry that I am behind on catching up with so many blogs....but I will try to play catch up this week.
Saturday AM--
I had to hit the bike sola since my schedule did not coincide with the group this weekend. I was scared for the first 20 minutes then relaxed, and said to myself what is the worst thing that could happen out here? Oh yea, I could become a big pile of road kill, duh! I had a 55 minute tempo bike ride z3-z5. I have a hard time getting into zone 5 on the bike, it never happened. I am still learning how to play nice with SOW and the shifting. I gots to make time to put SOW on the trainer and practice shifting.
15.2 miles/53:00/17.2mph
* I was comfortable in the aero position and I can not say enough about my new glorious saddle. I believe Wes reviewed this saddle a while back and I will back it up for the ladies saying it kept all my 'soft tissue' very happy. It was comfy sitting up and even comfier in aero.
Saturday PM--
Got in a 30 minute open water swim with some of the tri group at Twin Lakes. The water level is low and some of those hardcores did like a military crawl over some of the lake mush. Viv, not so hardcore, made a bee line turnaround to bluer'er seas.
Sunday AM--
Taught SPIN class at the new gym I am working at. It went well, and got a few compliments after class. That always makes me feel all tingly inside.
Sunday PM--
I was supposed to get in 1:30 in of deep water pool running in, but after 1 hour I began to feel clinically insane in the membrane. I am still trying to figure out what to put on the iPod for those deep water runs. I was thinking like an audio book or something that can take my mind off the run. Or if anyone wants to volunteer to be at the pool and chit chat I am up for it, call me. LOL! I can't thank tri sis Gena enough for hooking me up with her deep water running belt, a waterproof case and earphones for my iPod. I am publicly stating here that I *heart* her. She has all this faith in me to make it to New Orleans IM70.3 and is always helping me out.
ok ok boring post I know I must have left my mojo in the pool somewheres....
Saturday AM--
I had to hit the bike sola since my schedule did not coincide with the group this weekend. I was scared for the first 20 minutes then relaxed, and said to myself what is the worst thing that could happen out here? Oh yea, I could become a big pile of road kill, duh! I had a 55 minute tempo bike ride z3-z5. I have a hard time getting into zone 5 on the bike, it never happened. I am still learning how to play nice with SOW and the shifting. I gots to make time to put SOW on the trainer and practice shifting.
15.2 miles/53:00/17.2mph
* I was comfortable in the aero position and I can not say enough about my new glorious saddle. I believe Wes reviewed this saddle a while back and I will back it up for the ladies saying it kept all my 'soft tissue' very happy. It was comfy sitting up and even comfier in aero.
Saturday PM--Got in a 30 minute open water swim with some of the tri group at Twin Lakes. The water level is low and some of those hardcores did like a military crawl over some of the lake mush. Viv, not so hardcore, made a bee line turnaround to bluer'er seas.
Sunday AM--
Taught SPIN class at the new gym I am working at. It went well, and got a few compliments after class. That always makes me feel all tingly inside.
Sunday PM--
I was supposed to get in 1:30 in of deep water pool running in, but after 1 hour I began to feel clinically insane in the membrane. I am still trying to figure out what to put on the iPod for those deep water runs. I was thinking like an audio book or something that can take my mind off the run. Or if anyone wants to volunteer to be at the pool and chit chat I am up for it, call me. LOL! I can't thank tri sis Gena enough for hooking me up with her deep water running belt, a waterproof case and earphones for my iPod. I am publicly stating here that I *heart* her. She has all this faith in me to make it to New Orleans IM70.3 and is always helping me out.
ok ok boring post I know I must have left my mojo in the pool somewheres....
"I almost numchucked you man, you don't even know!"
I used that line this weekend with the tri group. Yes, I talk like an goofball in real life as well, not just the blog. It was killing me that I could not remember what movie it was was from. Hit me like bricks while running myself crazy going nowhere in the pool. "Wedding Crashers" The line was, "I almost numchucked you, you didn't even realise." So the, "you don't even know" is all my orginal creation.
WL Update:-2lbs this week
29 comments:
U been busy Chica, and way to go on teaching that spinning class!
Funeral Crashers :-) ahhhh
What a busy weekend you had!
I would definitely suggest audio books for the water running. It should make the time go faster. :)
HA!
Will Farrell is my favorite. WHAT IF...you could download movies on the iPod and just listen to them. My top three would be Ricky Bobby, Austin Powers, and Old School. I would be laughing so hard in that pool for a good 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Busy weekend for you.
OK...here's what a geek I am. I sometimes listen to Podcasts from "This American Life," or "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" or other NPR radio shows when I run. They make me laugh and time flies by...and they're free on iTunes.
Yes...I'm a dork...
You're such a busy bee! Glad things are getting better. I so wish I could take one of your spin classes. I'm sure all those compliments are very well deserved.
I have been eying that saddle so always good to get other opinions.
To someone who doesn't ride a fo really reals bike . . . that thing looks like some sort of sex toy LMAO!
Check out that saddle! I'm going to have to do a little up close and personal research on that little cutie. My parts did not enjoy Saturday's 67 miler. Ouch.
I'll have to remember that line. I'm so gonna use it on Jerry later today!
Nice job on all the workouts!
Great weekend of training. I think Id be bored running back and forth in a pool too
Good grief, chica, you had a pretty busy weekend. LOL - I love that line. A Ferrell quote will fit almost all of life's situations.
Great job on the weight loss too. Look at you, back at it, kicking butt.
Great weekend of training. Gimp leg and all ;-) Nice call on the saddle. It hurts like the dickens after being on it for 4.5 hours, but after you get off, nada. Love it!
I hope Dee Dee decides to do New Orleans. We can meet up then!!
Fantastic weekend! I would have gone insane after an hour of pool running too. Maybe audio books are the thing?
You are one busy lady! Good job on the 2lbs...!!!
Pool running is kinda boring but I like to people watch, so I'm usually checking out the other peeps swimming or lounging by the pool. Books on tap or an podcast might be good to listen to.
I LOVE YOU.
sure before blahblahblah but the movie line? sealed the proverbial deal.
Miz.
that is probably one of my favorite parts in that movie. i love the line where Chaz yells: MA THE MEATLOAF F*CK! My dad and I will randomly yell that line when we are around each other.
keep up the great training!
You go girl! Like the bike seat. I will have to keep that in mind. Great job on the swimming!!!!
One of the best movies EVER!! "Ma, the MEATLOAF!?"
Audio books are SUCH a good idea!!
Great job on the workouts!
LOL at the movie line. When I ran my first half marathon, I was injured and jacked up on ibuprofin and had had the 7-day steroid pack with the last steroid ending the night before. I was so nervous and some lines from Trading Places popped into my head but I could never remember the names they used. All I remembered was "Looking good Louis" "Feeling good Louis" I use Louis for both since I couldn't remember the other name. I just kept repeating those lines to myself throughout the race.
Too funny on the movie lines, hubby and I recite movies all the time!
Glad other people do it too! I often say to myself while running, " I feel the need, the need for speed" Goose and Maverick in Top Gun.
Em
As an FYI - we didn't move to South Padre, good thing too, it was just hit by a hurricane. They stopped the search for a chaplain at this time... what ever that means... no we don't want you, but can't just tell you that?! lol Little did they know my husband is fully trained in emergency situations and could have really helped the island out, there loss. We are stayin' in the NW for now!
You've been keeping yourself pretty dang busy. Nice job on your spin class! I am sure they love ya!
"Ma, the meatloaf! FUCK!" I love that line. hahaha.
I like the numchuck line - I'm going to use it. Sounds like you are busy with lots of workouts. Keep it up!
You want I should call you?
I found that running to books on tape is hard. I tend to slow down to concentrate on the words.
Woot! Great workout weekend! Hope you're healing well!
You are too funny Vivi. Sorry about the foot! That sux for sure.
But you keep on keepin on and those lbs will melt right off!
Very cool about spin and the WL!!!!
Thanks for the saddle review! I am happy with mine but DH needs one!
Our lake water here is really low too. NASTYYYYYYY It's like all hot and mushy!
"I almost numchucked you man, you don't even know!"
I love it. I'll be using that on my next run!
Post a Comment