Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Viv's FL Facts of Life Exhibition

  • Swimming has taken a back seat while on vacation. (see exhibit A - condo pool under renovations) I really have no excuse being it would be an ideal opportunity to do a few open water swims in the Atlantic which is basically the backyard. I just hate swimming and after it conquering the shit out of me at coached swim last Wednesday that involved tears in my goggles, slowest 500 meter swim ever recorded by anyone, a pool length of 50m that had me thinking this is Michael Phelps wet dream not mine, me voicing to a few teammates that the OLY distance tri in October is way out of reach, calling my best friend Rita and leaving her a message of me balling while doing stutter breaths saying something about swimming sucks, a much appreciated swim pep talk email from my Coach K, and a who the f-bomb do I think I am to even dream of a IM70.3 in April at this juncture?!?

  • Some ladies in South Florida please take note that I am no Nina Garcia of the fashion industry, nor do I have a fabu body, but I dress appropriately as I can for my size. I do know that if you wish to sport a stylish bebe tank (see exbhit B - stylish fashion) I should be able to see all 4 letters of the word "bebe" . Please be aware if the XL from bebe is too tight stick to other designers. The b & e should not be under your arm fat.



  • I have gotten in quite a few quality runs in. A 5K race, 8 mile long run, 5 miler including 6x800's, 3 mile recovery run. They have been spectacular especially that I got most of them in on the Hollywood Boardwalk. (see exhibits C & D - scenic runs)


  • Shane and I had a great dinner & drinks outting in Las Olas last night with Jess and Jerry. (see exhibit E) They are a really cool couple (word of the month) and hope they make it out to Houston sometime. We had drinks at a blues bar that had a "Lost Boys" appeal to it. I swear it was a vampire hang out. I really wished Jess would have made her way on stage and sung, "The Babysitting Blues"(see exhibit F) Our waitress at the bar was a bit freaky. (see exhibit G) Jess managed to keep a usually serious Shane laughing. (see exhibit H & I)

  • Lil' Buster on the other hand has managed to get daily open water swims in the Atlantic with my Dad. The swells have been fairly large for South Florida. (see exhibit J)

  • Marcy, you see how I can relate to Keira in the painful smile department at times....(see exhibit K with my Mom)

  • My planning is not up to par lately. I am scheduled to arrive back in Houston Sat evening at 9ish to do a triathlon (see exhibit L) across town Sunday morning. I will be riding SOW, "sex on wheels", my new bike that I am not even sure on how to shift properly.

  • The number of posts (see exhibit M) I am behind on catching up with you guys while enjoying vacation.

35 comments:

Jess said...

Rockin post -- So you had enough Cuban cofee, huh?

Ah, Elizabeth Shue...perhaps she would've been able to handle that waitress without the nervous-laugh.

E said...

That waitress is scary looking. Love the pics.

chia said...

Sheer blog femalian congregation :-)!!

Great vaca shots!

Yasmin said...

Viv, I actually asked my coach if I was kicked off the Olympic team (hee hee) because I didn't finish the whole set.

She said no, just because I didn't get to the last endurance 500, I was still okay.

I didn't think I could have made that last 500.

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful spot to vacation.
Don't worry about the swim, just take it one practice at a time. The run is the hardest part for me and that is what I have to focus on.
I know you will do great on the upcoming Tri!

CoachLiz said...

Hey!

I will be cheering for you on the bike course of J&B's on Sunday morning while volunteering!!!

I will bring my cowbell!!!

Kevin said...

Looks like a great time. Makes me kinda miss south florida. Definitely great place to run (minus the heat/humidity of course)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, looks like you are enjoying yourself.

As for the swimming you you have plenty of time to work on it. You'll do great.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Nice job getting runs in too.

Marcy said...

OMFG Viv you crack me up! HAHAHAHHAAAA We've missed you chica!! Jess can't hog you all to herself! :P Hurry up and get back here already! ;-) Looks like a fabulous time ;D ;D

MePlusMyThree said...

See you on Sunday Viv!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn you packed a lot into that post! Just enjoy the rest of your vacation and worry about swimming later. I promise it will come around for you!

Nitmos said...

Yes, I agree, one shouldn't have to perform a half orbit to read shirt text.

Wes said...

Once you make the Oly swim, the half iron swim just isn't that much further. Like 300 meters, ya know? You are doing awesome. We both need to keep attacking this swimming thing and learn to love it. We may not master it, but we can love it!!!

C said...

Glad you and your family are having such a great time on vacation.

I LOVE Adventures in Babysitting! I own the DVD and everything. I am so getting my sis to sing that song at her next karaoke outing. :)

Jess said...

Sounds like a super fun vacation! Congrats on the PR!

Teacher Pursuits said...

Bummer on the POOL! But, sounds like you are certainly making up for it with your running. I am heading to Florida next week and am just hoping I can squeak at least one run out... I tend to get lazetastic on VACAY!

Tiggs said...

dude- that video cracked me up!

you will do the oly swim- you're determined to make it right? so you will :)

N.D. said...

Wait, I think your blog looks different, that or I'm just not too aware - I like the style! swimming - take a break and maybe you'll miss it. :) Good job on the runs! looks like you are having a good time!

Timmy said...

Enjoy your vacation and don't worry about the swimming.

I enjoyed your use of the word exhibit. I'm a huge L&O fan so you kept my attention.

Looks like you're having a fabu time!

P.O.M. said...

I'm jealous of your vaca time.

"Tears in my goggles" sounds so poetic.

Carly said...

Viv you look like you are having a blast on vacation. I am uber jealous.

I am sure that swimming is like running...there are good ones and bad ones. You will get your groove back!

TX Runner Mom said...

Looks like a fun vacay! Thanks for sharing the pics. I'll be cheering for you on that oly swim chica!

The Young Family said...

So I am so laughing at the babysitting comment... I didn't think it was up to "cult status" , "Back then" we watched it so many times we had it memorized! Too funny. could I put more "" in? lol

So laughing at the Bebe comment too.... too true!
Em

Anonymous said...

Glad to see (literally. Loved the pics!) you're more living than blogging!

In vay cay jealousy,


MizFit

Diario de Elysia said...

You are tooo much Vivi, besos, and glad you are having a great vacay!

Christine said...

sounds like an awesome trip!! i'm sorry swimming had you in tears...at least you were in the pool where it didnt matter if your make up ran?! it will get better...promise!

Lily on the Road said...

I thought that your Mom was your sister! REALLY...

Glad you're having a great time!!!

Now stay outta those vampire bars and get swimming! LOL

Erin Leigh said...

I so want to be on vacation with you.

Running, beach, drinks, laughing. Sounds perfect.

I think I will be the same when I start swimming. It looks like it should be easy but it is so far from it.

Tammy said...

Sounds like the per-fect vacay! I'm so jealous!

Love the pics. Looks like such a great time!

triguyjt said...

how dare you vacation without checking with us that its okay!!!!!

glad your having a good time...

just keep working on that swimming... you'll be okay

paige said...

Sounds like a fun Vaca Vivie!

LMAO @ bebe!

audgepodge said...

OMG, Adventures in Babysitting!!! I haven't seen that in forever... awesome.

J~Mom said...

When ya coming home? :<( Now ya tell me about the BeBe think. A little too late for me.

Pokey said...

Hey woman!! Enjoy the time and dont sweat the small stuff!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Margo said...

How fun! I loved hanging out with Jess and Jerry in Chicago - jealous that you got to hang out and run with Jess!