Friday, July 18, 2008

Mini Massager

I skipped out on my hill repeats on the bike last night on the sound advice of my lovely Coach K. She reminded me how more is not always mo' betta (not verbatim) and with all the cycle classes this week, coming off a race, and a tough track on Tuesday it may be in my best interest to rest and ice the calf. It is weird it is like I have a knot on my calf, just like I did in the achillies after Cleveland that only got better after a few massages.

I asked Shane last night for a massage, but it becomes this whole massage trade off that ends up putting me in a compromising position with no real solid massage on my troublesome spot. So, who better to solicit then the massage therapist I created in my womb. Lil' Buster does well and he already volunteered charged me $2 for his services again this morning. Surprisingly the knot is beginning to dissipate. I will continue with the rest today and hopefully there is an empty seat in front of me at "The Dark Knight" tonight so I can keep the leg elevated. Then 30 mile ride Saturday morning in Z1-3 then leg elevation again while taking in "Mama Mia". Capping off the weekend with a short long run in Z2 followed by chillaxing at the parental oasis.

I will be back with my famous (in my mind) movie reviews on Monday. I have not given my review on "Wanted" yet so I will include that one in the mix. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend full of training and fun!

Random Thought of The Day:

Brought to you by homegirl Marcy

Is this the face of a future triathlete????

click for the story

JLo let me know what saddle you find to be the most comforting I really need to replace mine.


27 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

At $2, I'll come down for a Lil' Buster massage!!

Nice Oasis!! Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

That's probably the best reason I've heard to have children -- I like the idea of having a little minion do my bidding. Even if it does cost me $2.

Can't wait to hear what your reviews say about all the movies! Will you discuss the "curve bullet" from Wanted?

Marcy said...

Dang girl you're going to have to pimp that kid of yours out (that is probably a bad choice of words LOL) He charges?!? LB will be rollin in dough if you let him loose. Nothing like creating our own little slaves, eh? :P

Have fun this weekend! I hope the story is true and she rolls up to your hood HAHAHAHAA

Wes said...

Does L'il Buster need a summer vacation? If you've been busting a lot of spin classes this week, that sounds like a very wise move!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait till my little guy can do such wonderful things. Sounds like a great weekend you have planned. Enjoy the movies and hope the leg feels better soon.

N.D. said...

I love those roller sticks, and nice you have a little worker to roll it out nicely! Yaa!! Sounds like a good weekend planned and workouts too. enjoy!

Kevin said...

So thats what I am missing out on not having any chilrden? J-Lo doing a tri? Interesting, but man whoever wrote that story is definitely not her biggest fan

chia said...

That J-Lo story had me just cracking up. Ya, he doesn't like her too much.

Happy healing!!!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Rest that calf sister!!

Nitmos said...

Does your offspring hire out? Or is that considered child abuse?

The Dark Knight looks gooood.

Erin Leigh said...

See I knew there was a reason for these damn kids ;)

Hope it keeps getting better. Would love to hear more about the Spin classes and how that is going.

J~Mom said...

Seriously..my 11 year old gives the best back massages EVAH!!! They only last about 2 seconds but hey, you take what you can get!

RooBabs said...

Hey Viv- hope the ice and rest helps your calf.

Enjoy your weekend. Hope you like the Dark Knight. I saw the midnight show last night/this morning at the IMAX and it was really good. Can't wait to hear how Mama Mia is, 'cause I kind of want to see that.

sRod said...

You my thoughts on The Dark Knight. You will not be disappointed.

E said...

Take care of the calf!
We're planning on seeing Dark Knight this weekend too. Can't wait to read your reviews. :)

paige said...

If I were you I'd milk the massages even after you feel better...2 bucks is a STEAL!

M has been singing the," Mamma Mia" song adnauseam! It was cute...the first day.

Nat said...

Ask The Boy to do it... freakin' brilliant that is. I have a toonie around somewhere. (Toonie= $2 Cdn coin.)

JLo is a trained dancer no? Betcha she could do a try. (Love how they call it pulling a Katie. )

TX Runner Mom said...

Good God, why didn't I think of that...make the kid earn her money for a change. LOL! I'm looking forward to the reviews. We only get to see a movie once every 10 years, so we can't waste time on a crappy one. BTW, we may be at the Miller tomorrow night. It will depend on when I get out of class though.

Anonymous said...

GOOD IDEA on the forced child labor!!!

C said...

Would LB like to come to England for a bit? I have some work for him to do. :)

Looking forward to The Dark Knight review.

Have a great weekend and get some rest!

Jess said...

Oh you are seeing goood movies this weekend!!!

AnnaBanana said...

can Lil' Buster do shoulders too?

Anonymous said...

You gotta take advantage of your kids while you can. Hope the calf is feeling better.

Stuart said...

$2 a massage...now that's a steal!

P.O.M. said...

"...compromising position with no real solid massage on my troublesome spot"

All men try to pull that one. Sorry guys, this isn't our first dance.

Rest up woman.

Timmy said...

Kenneth In The 212 said that photo looked like k.d. land with Paula Abdul.

CoachLiz said...

ROTFLMAO!!!

"I'll be supporting her from the Segway." Has he got another thing coming or what??? He is going to have a hell of a time getting around the course on that damn Segway. And NO Mr. Anthony, you are not allowed on the course with that thing.

Good Grief!!!