With training, working(which is more working out), keeping Lil' Buster entertained during the summer, vacations, being a wife, friend, blah blah... the house has been at the bottom of my list every time. Chaos...Yea, I know WAAA WAAA!
So, today is Viv the cleaner day with some pool running at night mimicking a track workout.Random Thoughts of The Day:
Why as a big chick, I still fear certain workout equipment. Besides, this one does not look very lady like.
New York Post; A "very large lady" at the New York Sports Club was "sling-shot" off equipment known as the "abductor" - and had to be hauled from the gym in a rescue basket by firefighters, authorities said. Instead of continuing the same trend of decreasing fuel demands I have topped off my gas guzzler every day this week. On my way back from the gym last night, I was like holy shit $3.66/gallon let me top off this bad boy it could be back at $4.00 tomorrow. I think I am becoming a scary gas hoarder.
San Francisco Chronicle; This year's record-shredding spike in gasoline prices has finally ended, with prices throughout the country falling by more than a penny per day. And American drivers can thank themselves for the drop.Gas prices are dropping from lack demand decreasing.
Monday's AM Workout:
1:00 SPIN Class
0:43 minutes pool running
Monday's PM Workout:
Swim 1:07 Total 2250 yards


36 comments:
I always count cleaning as a workout. :)
Hell yeah cleaning is a workout!
This is why I don't use those machines at the gym, now or when I was heavier. They all scare the bejesus out of me. I stick with spinning. I can handle a stationary bike. Well, most of the time. ;)
Ohh I wish I could get my hands on some $3.66 gas...it's still pushing $3.80 around these parts.
I don't know about YOUR place, but cleaning MY place counts as a workout. Can you come over soon? :-)
Cleaning is definitely a workout! If you finish your workout and need some more to do I would love you to come clean my house as well.
I'm with Jess... Gas is still hovering at $3.88 here.
Cleaning is a workout? Now I need a new excuse for my mess!
Cleaning can definitely be a workout! I'm always kinda sweaty afterwards, at least.
I spotted a gas station with $3.93/gallon and I was like "holy shit!" If I needed more than a gallon, I would have SO loaded up. My Civic. Okay...so maybe I can't toally relate.
What?!? You better horde me some as well! It's about $4 here. Dang!!!
OMG that piece looks like it needs to be in a gyno's office or some S&M club. YIKES!
And and girl you KNOW that house cleaning is cross training. Shiz, I should be thinner shouldn't I? Ohh wait nevermind I always do the quick 20 min pickup before Mr McG comes home :P
Heck yeah, cleaning is a workout- especially cleaning the barfroom- I mean bathroom. Vacuuming, sweeping, dishes- you know it burns calories and builds muscle. Unless you clean like my sister (pushing everything under the bed and in the closet)- that doesn't really count.
About the gas- holy crap!!! I've been hearing that the price of a barrel of oil has been going down, and that other places have lower gas prices, but here in good ol' Utah, we're still rockin $4.15 a gallon. Yep, you heard that right. It's been that high for about 3 weeks, and hasn't gone down one red cent. And there are plenty of people riding bikes and taking public transportation, so I know demand is going down. Luckily my car gets about 32 mpg, but it still sucks.
I know what you mean about the housework. That's part of what I was doing on my 'break' - decluttering and purging my house. I've still got some to go for sure, but I'm at least keeping up with the progress I made. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
On a separate note - WTF with this freakin' heat and humidity? A month ago I was bouncing around the park for 2+ miles, now I can barely walk it's so friggin' hot. I swear last night at 7:30 it was still so hot & humid I couldn't breathe so I had to walk instead of run. I was SO pissed! Don't ask me why I'm surprised though, I WAS born here after all - shouldn't be a shock that it's hotter than H-E-Double Toothpicks and TWICE as humid.
Acclimate my ass. I'm just trying to survive.
I swear with my wife and I both training, housework has o taken a back seat. I would think it should count as exercise
Cleanliness is most important as diseases spread in damp environments. You can ask the members what they like about the club, as long as you're not disrupting somebody's routine. You can get more information about Fitness Equipment which I browsed on internet can fetch you help.
I hear ya on the cleaning!! That is one of the things I have to get caught up on! I did so many projects this summer that I need to put the house back together. :>)
I wouldn't know if cleaning is a workout, I rarely get to it. :D hee hee. I wish I was a cleaning machine like you.
You are cracking me up/scaring me with the gas. :D
Hell yes cleaning counts! There has GOT to be a calorie calculator for cleaning house somewhere on the internets. I hate the anticipation of cleaning but once I am in the zone... WATCH OUT!!
there are two moves on that machine that have been named
Good girl!!
Bad girl!!
A woman I have known a long time told me this....
I have worn a HRM to clean. It is a workout....especially in my hell hole.
cleaning lady...best money spent in my home. I'd forgo food for that woman!
I'm sooooooooo glad that I no longer drive to work. And I burn calories on my way work!
How did LB like the play? I wanted to take the kiddo on Thursday, but the sitter (aka my mom)has other plans and can't watch the munchkin. BTW, I hear ya on the house thing...definitely the bottom of my priority list when there's so many other things to do! Oh and hallelujah on the gas prices...I was doing the happy dance at the pump at Kroger yesterday!
Ooooohhhh...paid $4.20 a gallon here today...and the pump TURNED OFF at $75.00 before the FREEKIN TANK WAS FULL!!!
ARRRGGGHHHH...
And yep, cleaning would count as a workout if I ever did it...
How does someone "slingshot" themselves off of a piece of workout equipment???
Next thought..."had to be carried out in a rescue BASKET..." Not to be rude and insensitive, but how 'over-sized' was this person if they had to carried out in a rescue basket rather than rolled out on a stretcher???
Gas has gone down in price in our neck of the woods? I saw $3.72 the last time I filled up. I am getting around the half tank mark. I will have to check it out.
ooooh viv the cleaner Id like to invite you for a visit.
I NEED to have a tad more OCD up in herre as Ive let the entire domicile GO in the name of ANYTHING I CAN THINK OF IN A GIVEN MOMENT.
M.
Of course cleaning is a workout!! My house has suffered to Viv. Oh well!
Um, a rescue basket?! *giggle*
I break a sweat when I clean house and I count it as a workout.
Where did you find gas for $3.66??!!!
I would definantly count cleaning as a work out! You get extra points for tubs and toilets...at least in MY house.
When I used to go to the gym, pre-Madison, that was the only peice of equipment that faced the wall. I couldn't help but laugh every time I used it.
As long as you wear your Garmin, it's considered a workout LMAO!!
Ohhhh, TriguyJT!!! that's baaaadddd!
Viv, I have also let cleaning go by the wayside.
In other news, try $4.39/ gallon on for size. I think that was a few weeks ago, it may have fallen a bit.
gas was 3.77 this morning in motown and i could have cried with joy. that's sad in itself, but we'll address that later.
Yeah, that thing looks like it's gonna eat you up and spit you out...
Cleaning? What is this "cleaning" you speak of?
GIRLFRIEND.. I GET A MAID.
Seriously. I am THAT lazy. And I have the smallest apartment EVER.
Sometimes I think we are long lost twins. I used to be a neat freak too, and know where everything was. Nowadays, I feel that I live in a nasty dump. I don't know where to find the time and to top it all off - I'm sick right now.
Cleaning totally counts as a workout!
It's not entirely clear to me what happened to the woman in the gym but will say that I hate that machine you have a picture of on your blog with a passion.
Oh and we're paying 1.21 a liter, which works out do about 4.57 a gallon. This is down from 1.35 about a week ago or roughly 5.10...
shit--we're supposed to keep our houses clean too?!?!? THis is just too much.
What is this "cleaning" term you speak of???
Post a Comment