Friday, February 1, 2008

When Is Snack Time?

My legs are killing me today. I felt them yesterday on the bike, the quads were burning! Is that normal to get lactic acid with the increased activity? I think I might have to take an unscheduled DOR, but this would be the 2nd Friday I am doing this. I can’t get in the habit of working out only 5 days a week. For this tri thing to pan out I have to stay pretty consistent with 6. I feel kind of guilty when I take an unscheduled day of rest, and I also get the feeling that I will not be prepared for whatever I am training for. On Wednesday night I read on Doug's post to go to bed an hour early to help recover. So, I did and ended up waking up an hour earlier, I can't even sleep an extra hour, ugh!
Oh, and I got in trouble at the gym yesterday for using the spin bike with no class going on. That bike to me mimics my bike the most. I can not afford a trainer at this time, and my birthday is not for another 9 months :-( I guess I have to go out there with the real bike, and do some rides on my own, which is so scary to me :-O
We had my Lil' Buster's new school orientation yesterday. It tripped me out that most of the questions the parents asked were regarding food.
When is lunch? Do they have to bring their own lunch? Does the school provide snack? Do they have a choice of chocolate or white milk? Seriously, people are these concerns at this point for next school year. Than I go ask a question like, Will reading be introduced? I should have rephrased it so everyone could relate and said, Can they eat a snack while they read, cause I love me some snacks while reading.

Good luck to Jessica, P.O.M. this weekend with the 1/2!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yesterday's Workout:

35 minute cycle

17 minute swim

full body ST



8 comments:

Timmy said...

Here's an idea...how about 5 days of tri training + 1 day of light physical activity?

Jess said...

What Timmy suggests is probably a good compromise. I was gonna say 5 days of tri-training and day reserved for stretching or yoga.

Marcy said...

LMAO! "Only" 5 days a week! Anything over that to me is hardcore! You rock chica!

Delane said...

YOu crark me up!!!

oh ..and I think you should run the 1/2 marathon in Rocford.

Timmy said...

I think Jess's idea about yoga or stretching is a good idea. Even shopping while walking! :-)

J~Mom said...

I tried to hang on to 6 days last fall and really struggled in the middle part! I love Timmy's idea! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Very nice ver a Greg corriendo jejeje terminaria muerto de cansancio...Buen coraje para que siga haciendolo. Saludos la prima de FRANCIA (( YAIMA ))

TX Runner Mom said...

I agree - 5 days of training & 1 day of lighter activity.

Also, great job on the swim lesson...I'll have to get your teacher's name after I have this baby.

Oh, and those homes are near the Woodlands. :-)