Friday, February 22, 2008

Tigerland Tidbits

I have not been posting for a bit, but remember my PROmise; well I have been keeping it so I spend a lot less time by the computer. I check on you guys and shutdown. I have been working out so much that even Shane says he misses me. The eating is going well too. I stay with in my allotted points/calories for the day, and use them on healthy choices.


Many thanks, Coach Bill for the wonderful perspectives from Kim Hager! I am a huge fan of hers, and love watching her run in local races. I saw her set the course record at the Houston 1/2 in October.

Shane had to come to LSU, (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) to do some recruiting, and brought me along since he has been missing me. My Mom is keeping the Lil’ Buster. We drove 6 hours yesterday, managing to get in some quality time along with some quality bickering.


Me: Slow the eff down the, it’s raining!
Shane: I wish you would quit your bitching. I should have come alone.
10 minutes later..
Me: My arms are sore.
Shane: That swimming is really taking you out. Want to race at the hotel tonight?
Me: Sure, I’m going to kick your ass!
Shane: Sweet (our pet name), I am so glad we are getting some time together.
Me: Yea, me too.


Shane made sure to get a hotel with a gym and an indoor pool. Last night, we had a nice steak dinner, and afterwards he got some work done while I was at the gym.




I was able to catch the debates while on the bike. I *heart* this bike with a tv attached.



He than joined me for the swim race, and took me out, but complemented me on my nice form. I did kick some 15 yr old girls booty at the gym on Wednesday night that wanted to race me. LOL! Yes, I do get pride beating a 15 yr old; you know how many of these teens beat me at 5K’s?! We are here through Saturday afternoon, and are doing the 7 mile run along the LSU Lakes, Saturday morning. It is supposed to be nice weather wise so it should be suahweet!

Bathroom pic for, Marcy from Britneyville. It is a small bathroom. I had to stand in the shower to take the picture or maybe I am just not that good at the bathroom pics.Eww, wearing the same top from Wednesday. I washed it, I swear...

While, he is working today I am getting to meet one of my online Weight Watchers pals, Paige. She lives outside of New Orleans, but is making the couple hour drive to hang with me. I am so excited, since we have been planning to hang out for some time now. We were going to do a 5K together back in December, but my stress fracture kind of canceled that out. It is wired, but you build a bond with some of these online peeps since you mostly share the same weight loss craziness, and running sickness.
Tonight, Shane and I have a nice dinner planned followed by a movie in the room. “No Country for Old Men”, is on tap tonight to be sure I have seen all the best picture nominated films before Oscar night; I will have to squeeze “Michael Clayton” in Saturday evening. I know I am a movie dork.






Rita, my dearest friend (she's so hawt) & me goofing off while getting party supplies for Lil' Buster's birthday party after my run on Wednesday.


All right, I will take off before I bore you guys to death….
Below are my PROmise workouts. I have not been able to take the road bike out this week. I will HAVE to get that done next week.
Tuesday’s Workout:
AM/cycling 70 minutes & 55 minute swim workout
PM/ full body strength training

Wednesday’s Workout:
AM/ Run 4 miles Avg Pace (12:02)
PM/ 25 minute swim workout

Thursday’s Workout:
PM/cycling 60 minutes & 28 minutes swim workout

Today’s Workout:
AM/35 minute swim workout & strength training (arms & abs only) & cycling 50 minutes

9 comments:

Marcy said...

OMFG I NEEEEEDDD that bike! I have a tv when I bike but it's not the same thing as having it up close and personal. Plus when I jump on that thing, I have to turn the volume way down so I don't disturb the kids LOL. I'll probably want to poop my pants at the price though LOL

It' always nice to see that I'm not the only one who does bathroom shots LOL

Nancy said...

Oh how cool, a nice getaway and time to work out. I love it when a plan comes together. Sounds like you are having a great time. I'm LOL at the bathroom pics. I SOO wanted to take one in Las Vegas.

Have a great time!

J~Mom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I love the bickering...I have so btdt!!!

Pokey said...

Your trip sounds like a blast!!!

Love the bathroom shot! Dont beat yourself up....there arent many of us that are as quality potty photographers as Marcy and David ;)

triguyjt said...

viv...you are learning from the bathroom shot master...marcy...

enjoy louisiana. my nephew lives in baton rouge... loves it there...looks lilke you are having a great time with your buddy

Tammy said...

I'm so jealous you are always getting to go someplace fun!

Have a great time and enjoy the F2F with Paige!

Margo said...

I would absolutely LOVE to have that precor machine!! How cool! So much better than trying to juggle the remote on the Nordic.

Carly said...

An exercise machine with a built in TV...I could actually enjoy that.
I love how your QT with your hubby involves bickering. You guys sound just like my husband and I, it isn't a good day until we argue about something.

Timmy said...

I haven't been to Baton Rouge in a couple of years. I miss it.

You made me think of a restaurant that I ate at that was some good food! Can't remember the name of it but it was good. LOL

PS Thank for your contribution to the Walk!