Yesterday, I went to for a run at Memorial Park since I was in the area picking up race packets for my first 10K this Saturday. I usually love a great run at Memorial Park, there are tons of other runners, and the crushed gravel path is a favorite amongst many. I have been a road runner since I started, and not due to speed, LOL! I just always have run on concrete. It is what my body is used to. I run 3 times a week, and do plenty of cross training so it does not kill the body and lead to another stress fracture, but I digress.Anywhoo, I was doing my scheduled 6 since I fell short on Monday due to lack of sleep, and fuel. For example, eating one hard boiled egg before the run, so l crashed and burned after one mile. Yada, yada, yada , so I added the other 2 miles to Wednesday's run. I felt like I was running with all I had in me. I looked at LT, (Garmin) and see I kept a 13 minute pace, which is a whole 1.5 minutes per mile slower than usual.
In the afternoon yesterday, I feet a constant naggy pain by my left hip. I pull up this handy dandy diagram and see the pain looks like it might be in the pelvis area?
All, I can best describe it as, is that it hurts on the side of my left hip, and heads toward the back of my left butt cheek. Does anybody know what I am talking about here? I know I did not get a proper stretch in after the run. I ran into Timmy. Well, I doubled back and chased him when I saw him run past me in the opposite direction. The LT shows I hit a 7:43 pace chasing him for a minute, than giving up. I didn't even know my fat turkey legs could do that?! If it was meant to see him, I would catch him later. Once, I was done with my run I saw Timmy at the stretching area. We started talking, and I ask him for the time and I had 20 minutes to do a 35 minute drive to pick up the kiddo from preschool. So no stretches for me! It's funny he said in his blog he saw me take off, and saw a blur of lavender. Meaning, that of course I was wearing my Brooks running shirt again. LOL! Maybe, the Brooks people would be so kind to send me a Brooks revelation shirt in XL in another color :-P. Hey, they gave Pokey some groovy pants.
:-P
I did go swimming today with Coach Michelle, and she kicked my booty. The hip tightened up a bit while doing 200 yds of kick board, besides that it felt otay since I mostly swim with da arms too much. Michelle says my shoulder gets red after a couple 100 yards. Who knew?
I plan to just take tomorrow off from everything, and do some stretches on the Pilate's Reformer.
Disclaimer: not me nor do I look like that while doing that
I really hope I can run on Saturday. The hubby and I were doing this first 10K together, and we were going to warm up with 2 miles since there is 8 miles on my 1/2 marathon schedule, but now I find myself in a pickle. Plus, I really don't want to sound cocky or nothing, but I was pretty sure of a PR :-o
If you guys have any tips or anything, please send it my way. I love you guys for all your support, your knowledge , and your experience.

6 comments:
You had me with the hip pain, as I'm experiencing some as of late also. But mine is not towards the butt. I don't know chica?!? Hopefully someone can give a homegirl a hand ;-)
As for that contraption you have a pic of . . .best laugh EVER! I'm sorry, I know what it's for and have seen them around but with that chick on it looks like some wacky sex position :P
LMAO at Marcy!
Too bad with the hip pain you're having.
As far as the race. 1st - good luck! Looks like we both have one. I'll be looking forward to your RR. If it were me, I'd run the 6 of the race first, then the 2miles afterwards. Because, I tend to go faster in the race than planned, just because everyone else around me is and the adrenaline. Then the 2 afterwards could be an easy cooldown sort of pace. But, if you need to do a warmup and want to get the 2 over with before hand, go for it.
Have a blast and enjoy your race!!
I pretty much have no knowledge, just support :D I have had hip pain for months and have been doctoring, doing physical therapy and am about to be getting an xray. I doubt yours will last that long :P
I loved your disclaimer. Nice try on the Brooks shirt. Hope they come through for ya!
How does it feel when you sit on the floor butterfly style and push your knees to the floor? Or if you lay on your back and lift your leg up and then let it fall over your body, how does that feel? Those are the spots that bug me sometimes and those stretches help. Keep us posted on how it feels.
Have a great race this weekend!! I agree with Mendy about running the 2 miles after. You will be jazzed about finishing the 10K and 2 miles will be nothin!
Don't do anything today and give the legs a break. You want to have a fresh set of legs for tomorrow's run. Good luck tomorrow!
Could it be hip flexor muscles? I had issues with that a while back....but I'm not sure that it's similar to the pain you've described? I'm not really a doctor - I just play one on TV ;)
GOOD RACING LUCK heading your way for this weekend!!!!!!!
Post a Comment