
You won't want to miss this weekend's airing of the Ford Ironman World Championship on NBC. Tune in this Saturday at 2 p.m. EST (check local listings for the time in your area) for the dramatic coverage of the world's toughest one-day endurance competition. For a preview of the show, check out the Ironman Channel on YouTube
I hope everyone had a hot and heavy Valentines. Shane told me earlier this week that his Mom would take care of Lil’ Buster, and he wanted to have a nice dinner somewhere quiet. I looked at him kind of cross-eyed, and I opted for a night of hot wings, and beer at the local sports bar. While in the most romantic setting of guys cheering on college basketball mixed with the fine smell of Marlboro 100’s he reminded me of the night he stood me up on Valentine’s because he was working on a huge school assignment. I didn’t remember that at all. He said, for all the drama you gave me that day I thought you would take it to the grave. I even called my Mom, yes in the middle of our most romantic evening. Mami, do you remember Shane standing me up on Valentine’s Day? Oh yea, you were all dressed up waiting, and he called to say he wasn’t coming, and you were on fire. I guess good times erase the bullshit things eventually. We came home early, jumped in our most cozy cotton lingerie to watch movie with chocolate covered strawberries. Ahh, now that was my idea of a great Valentines!I think I may have had a combination of allergies along with a confusion of body aches for just plain laziness. On, Tuesday I spent most of the day on the couch missing my mostly needed swim class. I feel like I am back to business as usual. Still having the throat issues, but nothing a little Claritin won’t fix since it is just drainage.
I definitely need a good one of these
in the swimming department, courtesy of Pokey. I really keep assuming that I will wake up the morning of the tri and naturally able swim 488 yards. I better check myself before I have a DNF involving a drowning. Tomorrow is a big day with my first 7 miles on tap :-O
I hope everyone has an outstanding weekend!
Wednesday’s Workout:
3 nice n easy miles
Thursday’s Workout:
Spin Class
Today’s Workout:
Spin Class
Swimming
Wednesday’s Workout:
3 nice n easy miles
Thursday’s Workout:
Spin Class
Today’s Workout:
Spin Class
Swimming

10 comments:
Thanx for the info about the tri! Can't wait to watch it and cry. They always do a story about someone that makes me cry and makes me feel like a big lug for not trying a tri.
It's amazing what we forget over time, huh?
Okay Vivie - here's your KICK in the swimsuit. Get in that pool right now. I am going to go swim exactly 1 mile in about 25 minutes. I haven't been in the pool in about 12 years but got back in this week and am loving it. You better be there with me! :D
Thanks for the reminder about the Ironman, I think I will TiVo it.
"jumped in our most cozy cotton lingerie"
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHHAAAA!! Awwwhhh girl you're too funny! I own many a cotton lingerie pieces. I'm sexy like that :P
Glad you had a good V-day chica!!
VIV
thanks for ironman heads up... i howewver was so busy that i blew the taping (tivo-ing) of it...shoot. i am just gonna buy the dvd and then play it on my new hdtv (when i eventually buy it, haha)
love your art work.
signed,\
sergeant "kick ur a--"
Ah - I'm IN Kona this week - too bad the race wasn't going on live. That would be cool to see.
Happy Valentines. I think everyone has a different idea of romance and that's just fine :)
Dang it...I missed the IM!!!
I'll happily exchange kicks in the butt with you whenever we need them!
Crud, I missed IM, too :( I always love watching those things. They are so inspirational and emotional.
I watched the 1st run and the repeat and cried just as much the 2nd time around (if not more!). Especially when the told the 77-year old nun that she hadn't made the cut-off to start the run. I am such a dork.
I totally missed IM but it's for the best, I would already be signed up for one if I had watched it. LOL
Post a Comment