What swimming has taught me?
- I love to breathe. I will never ever take a nice deep breath for granted.
- I now think of yards of another form of measurement instead of just how many needed for a first down.
- Great goggles are crucial. Just borrowing my son’s goggles does not keep the water out of my eyes, and cause my contact to come out inside the goggle.
- I need to find a bathing suit that has a great bra built in.
- If you wear a necklace it is quite possible to choke.
- When your swimming laps and you start coughing up a storm mid lap because you drank too much water, you will lose all your cool look at me I am swimmer points.
Monday's Workout: 2 mile run
Tuesday's Workout: 58 minutes cycling & 45 minutes swimming
Today's Workout: 3 mile run & ST since I missed yesterday
8 comments:
That bit about the necklace seems very valuable.
Hi Viv. I'm not a swimmer, but I appreciate your insights here. Keep up your great training!
Glad you're pumped about your HM
If I ever need to train for swimming, I'll heed your advice...uh...well not the one about a bra in the swimsuit.
LOL, great points and ones I can completely relate to (especially after my swimming lessons last summer)! I am sure you will get better and better with practice!!!
Viv- After you complete this tri, I'm coming to you for swimming lessons!!
Believe it or not, I pulled that last one during a race in which I was in the lead by a long way. Broke stroke and got DQ'd while coming in first. That was pretty humiliating and apparently is possibly no matter how good you are. :D
I'm seriously considering getting back into the pool. But I need a nudge. My hub's job pays for a gym that doesn't have one, so I would have to double up out of pocket for another gym. UGH. I do miss it though.
LMAO Forget the built in bra for me, I need duct tape to keep mine from floating to the surface and in opposite directions :-X :-X :-X
The tri tops hold everything in place up there. I mean everything. I still wore a bra under mine if you can believe it!
Post a Comment