After watching the encore of Ironman Kona, I found a new sense of motivation. I know I will never turn pro, and hell it’s not why I do these events anyway. I do race events to keep me motivated in my weight loss, change the shape of my body, be fit, be healthy, and to prove to myself that my body (this mass that used to just sit around) can do things I have always dreamed of.
So, instead of treading water, (pun intended) like I have been these past few weeks, by eating crappy every weekend, skimming the swimming, and skipping strength training workouts on the schedule, I must make promises to continue my progress, and train like a pro in my heart. If you guys see me failing, don’t be afraid to give me a swift kick to the ass. In fact, ass-kickings are always encouraged around here. I will catch up with youse guys tonight.
I promise till the LoneStar Tri
- No feeding the machine crap & junk, it makes me feel like a pro by calling the body a machine. LOL!
- I will do 2 a’ days four times a week consisting of swims in the evening.
Movie Corner:
Gone Baby, Gone: Excellent suspense. Must See! 4 Viv Stars
There Will Be Blood: It was good, not amazingly great like some of the reviews have stated. The first 15 minutes were so quiet we had to wait to eat all the crap food we bought. 3 Viv Stars
Today’s Workout:
AM/ Run 2 miles (23:16)Mile 1 (12:02)
Mile 2 (11:14)
PM/ Swimming
200 yard Freestyle
100 yard Backstroke
(8) 50 yard 1:30 drills
400 yard Freestyle
Saturday's Workout:
Ran 7 miles (1:37:51) really slow, had to pee 3 times during the run.
It got done. I get to try again next Saturday.


12 comments:
Hmmmm . . .There Will Be Blood? I'm going to have to look that one up. I don't remember seeing any previews or anything for it. But who am I? Let's face it, my life isn't exactly current events over here. Well as long as it doesn't have anything to do with Britney Spears because we all know I'm all over that LOL
I like carrying a whip, I'll be more than happy to help you out :P
Where is the tri? (I'm too lazy to google it and find out.)
(I just deleted a long comment about me being your dominatrix.) So, I'll just sit on the sidelines and cheer you on instead and motivate you.
Thanks for the movies reviews! I want to see both of those. I was trying to get in There will be blood and No Country for Old Men before Sunday, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. LOL...so glad that Marcy volunteered to carry that whip. :-)
Love your attitude! I may have to post something similar on my blog to keep me honest. :)
Hmmm, I needed this post today. I am having just a wee bit of a problem with motivation and committment these days.
You are doing GREAT with your workouts...so keep it up!
Thanks for the reviews, I'd like to see both.
Good luck with your newfound motivation! Looking forward to your PROgress!
Ok, I kick your ass, you can kick mine. :D Great job. Tri watching is so dang inspiring. I watched the HyVee tri (bike course was about 1 mile from my house) last year and that totally got me inspired.
I get so inspired but watching stuff like that! Before I know it I have a lump in my throat and I am signing up for something else. LOL I am PROud of you!
I love your movie reviews!
I will keep you on track if you promise to kick me when I need it too.
Your movie reviews are awesome! Where do you find the time to see all of these shows??? I can barely keep up with my dvr :P
I'm also a huge fan of whips and not afraid to use them :)
Viv, one of the reasons I decided to do races so frequently. Now I'll have something to keep myself focused after I reach goal this year.
Yes I said it, this year.
Okay Viv, ass-kicking season is in full effect, you said it. I've been playing raquetball this week so it's been a fun source of exercise. I think i'll have a good weigh-in on Sunday. Also, I think "There Will Be Blood" is worth seeing just for the crazy ending, it was awesome.
Post a Comment