Friday, February 8, 2008

This Cootie Queen Can't Run 9

I had a few things going on yesterday, so I took an unscheduled DOR. I slept in for a change, and took Lil’ Buster on his first play date. I usually avoid these normal mommy rituals, it is hard to find cool Mom’s out there. Some just want to talk about their baby, their husband and making more babies. I love my kiddo, and my husband, but sometimes you have to your own things going on as well. The play date was a success the Mom was really cool, and we clicked really well. I thought I was the only Mom who watches “The Soup” and the ever trashy “Rock of Love”.


My body did welcome the rest. Today I feel more energized and ready for my workout even though I barely slept last night. I hate those nights when you get in bed, and your mind starts working overtime thinking about the stupidest stuff. I think the thought of maybe I should freeze half the loaf of bread since we never finish it before it molds. WTF!!


I am off to the gym having to get some swimming in, and use the stationary bike to get some cycling done. Lil’ Buster is home with me, and there is no way I am attaching his 58 pound self to any part of my bike. I have 6 miles on the schedule for my long run tomorrow. I am so bummed that I am not prepared enough to do Nancy’s 9 on the 9th. If the next one is like 13 on the 13th I will be even more bummed. Will I ever qualify for Nancy’s run, it has become my Boston :-D


Good luck to Tammy this weekend with the ½ & all the 9 on the 9th'ers!!

I will leave you with my favorite commercial. I will catch up with you guys this afternoon. Have a fantastic weekend!


7 comments:

Timmy said...

That is a funny commercial!

Marcy said...

Too bad we don't live closer. I love to talk about trash LOL. I know what you mean though, I can be anti social sometimes when it comes to the kiddie functions :-/ All the other Moms want to talk about their portfolios and such and I just want to talk about the last time Brit aired her gina to the public :P

AnnaBanana said...

Girl I still can't get over the before & after pics you posted earlier.

You're SO AMAZING!!!

Big-flipping-deal if you can't run 9 miles -- look at ALL you can do!!!

J~Mom said...

I love that commercial. One of my very favorite sayings is "shut the front door". Now I have a few more sayings to add. :>)

Nancy said...

Crap! This is no Boston and the race director is super cool and lenient :D Apparently I forgot to tell you...

If you want to put two runs together, that is totally fine. Can you do two - 4.5 milers this weekend?? If so, just write up a little something and send me a combined time. If anyone cares, I say screw em, we don't want em. :D The other alternative is to do as much as you can. I give "noteworthy" props if someone runs less.

Nancy said...

No, we are not going to 13 next. Guaranteed.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

LOL I love that commercial also...

ya run whatever u can...that Race Director Nanc is very cool she won't mind & either will anyone else...but get out and join us in virtual land :-)

I saw the pics below, way to GO, very Awesome!!...Keep up the good work!