Sunday was a 7 mile run in (z3). This was painfully slow for me at first. I am so used to just running hard all the time, but I am learning that there is great rhyme and reason to all this zone stuff. After the run headed out to Twin Lakes and met Tiggs for an open water swim. She is a doll! I enjoy meeting the blog buds, for some reason we all have this common denominator between us, huh?
In the evening Shane and I went to a surprise party for one of the strive teammates, Greg. We had a lovely evening at Vino 100 full of tasty wines, delicious food, and wonderful company.
We did get a chance to look at some tri bikes. Here are my top three contenders. Let me know if you have any opinions on it. Be honest, and really tell me carbon or aluminum? Right now the longest distance I am thinking is half Ironman, but ya never know.
Trek Equinox WSD (aluminum) it was heavy. Or maybe I just did not get that loving feeling from it because of this whole Lance Armstrong turning his cold Trek shoulder to me with this Kate Hudson thingy. If you are into bike drama check out the LeMond/Trek drama.
Thanks for the visual Marcy
Quintana Roo Chicqilo (aluminum). It was so pretty and looked like my kinda girl with the pink accents.
Quintana Roo Seduza (carbon). It's tag line is sex on wheels. Whoa, that could actually be worth taking a better look at. Saturday's Workout:
Bike 27.66 miles 1:42:46 (16.1mph) AVG HR 130
Sunday's Workout:
Run 7 miles 1:38:49 (14:07) AVG HR 143
Swim approx 800+ yards Open Water 30:15 AVG HR 129
Monday's Workout:
Teach Cycle class 1:00 AVG HR 119
Swim 2200 yards total 1:26 AVG HR 133
*Down 2lbs*
35 comments:
I like option number three, but maybe that's just because of the tagline haha! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend workout wise!
So much good stuff here :-) Yes! Training in the right zones is key. You have to trust the process!!
I do enjoy my blogger mates so much. I've found that they do run the bell curve on personality, from quiet to Marcy like :-) But the ties that bind us ROCK!!
I LOVE my Trek Equinox 5. I've been steadily upgrading it and it is awesome. Not that I couldn't love me something more made out of carbon, mind you, but Treks are good bikes. Dee Dee just loves the Pink Roo. There's also a white and pink Scott bike that she slobbers over every time we go into All3Sports.
Keep your dreams high and close to the chest chica!!! Ya never know...
BTW: Don't forget to teach your traininig partners the word, "Jackhole" :-)
oooooooooooo them are purdy. I'm so jealous.
Look at those numbers. You are rockin, girl. I'm so not worthy. I have got to get it in gear. Single parenting until Thursday. :P
Oh, I lllluuuuuurrrrvvveeee my Trek! I got the Equinox WSD, but the 07 version in blue, since it was on sale.
And I absolutely love it.
Can't tell you how it compares to the other choices, but I just can't say enough about this bike. With the proper fitting done, I'm a stronger and faster cyclist. It totally responds when I hunker down into aero and it's way comfy to ride. Plus, I can actually hoist it onto the roof without any help, which makes my inner feminist proud.
:)
You're too good for Lance, chica! Forget him and Kate. Pfffftttt. I have no idea on the bikes since I'm just a lowly runner :P but I dig the pink one because it's pink and the last one for the tag line HHAHAA.
Great job...keep it up!
I, too love the pink one. If I ever get a tri bike - it's gonna be pink. Girl power!!! (I think this irongirl thing is rubbing off on me).
Woo Hoo - 2 more lbs!!!
I'm with Marcy & Mendy
Girly Pink is best for me!!
oh man!! I love the pink roo!! hahaha...its soooooo pretty!
One of my tri club friends just got the pink one....so hawt!!! That gets my vote. :>D I guess one of these days I will look into that zone stuff. I hear such good things about it from you peeps!
No clue on the bike... I like the pink one in terms of looks.
I should be posting some new recipes this week though for ya!
No clue on the bike... I like the pink one in terms of looks.
I should be posting some new recipes this week though for ya!
Sounds like you already ruled out the first one. The other two look very similar. Close your eyes and pick.Or go WWLD. What Would (Lance or Lemond- your pick) Do.
That skank... I would have bitch-slapped her!
I love my Trek... just my biased opinion!
I like pink...but actually have no real comments on the bikes themselves. I have a nice felt that just sits out in my garage.
Congrats on the weight loss!
Well I know nothing about bikes cause I do not ride.. But I like the one with pink accents!!
Sex on wheels sounds like just about as good idea as Sex on a Canoe.
Go pink ;-)
Two words: "Carbon Fiber"
Orgasm on wheels is more like it!
it was so great finally meet you- although once we discovered that PIM thing, I think I have seen you before, we just didn't talk before.
Any time you want a Twin Lakes buddy, just let me know.
Those bikes are making me drool. Especially the last 2. I have a trek road bike and I like it, but those other two would just make me feel bad ass!
Nice job on the weight loss!
When uncertain, go with pink! :-) LOL @ skank..that word always cracks me up. And, where is this Vino 100 place? The hubby and I need to find a fun place to celebrate after I finish school!!!
Girl, youz a trainin' fool!
I am also quite partial to the word "skank" It's just a great word.
Keep up the good work. :)
My aunt and uncle live in The Woodlands. Hope it wasn't my aunt who tried to run you down.
You are too damn funny.
Don't know much about bikes, but anything with "Sex" in the tagline has gotta be good.
I like the third one. You should get that one and get a decal of that tag line put on the bike
Been lurking for awhile, but had to say that I too, love the word "skank" and use it whenever appropriate. LOL Hahahahaha :-))
Nice job on the ride and run this weekend. I can't give you any solid advice about the bikes, but I know lots of people who have Treks and love them.
Great job on the weight loss too! Keep it up Viv.
I know nothing about technical aspects of a good tri bike but OOOH - I love number 2 with the pink! :)
I think you would look good on the pink bike ...but thats just me...
and as for lance....I think he is just saving himself for you...LOL
when he comes knocking...tell him what he can do with his tour dee france trophies.....
CARBON
QROO makes some good tri bikes. Just me, but I'm not a pink gal so I would go with the third choice.
I love the third one! I also need to trade in my bike for a newer version. Can't wait to hear what you decide on.
Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the great tri work. You inspire me!
Great workout weekend! I don't know anything about the bikes but the first part about the skank was hilarious!
Skank is indeed a good word. One of my faves is douchebag. I think I giggle every time I hear it.
"sex on wheels!" I love it! It's hard for me to run slow too...
Post a Comment