Congratulations to Bob on the 100K and getting yourself the best kettle ever!
I got a swim workout and a spin class over the weekend. I had to time trial a 300 meter swim(9:27) for the tri coming up. It went ehhh. I think the pool is a little longer than 25 meters in length, so I will do it again with the Garmin this week. I am an unbelievably slow swimmer. Well, I don't have to tell you. It is obvious that I am slow at all 3 disciplines just swimming feels extra slow with people lapping me in the next lane. I ended up swimming a consistently slow 1000 meters. I could have probably done a few hundred more, and that reminds me that I do not push it in the pool like I should, even with the 50 meter sprint drills. I was reminded today that Coach Kim wants us to take it easy till training begins at the end of the month so ummm, yea that is why I was so slow in the pool.
Today, I got in a 15 mile ride. I took Lake Woodlands so I would be forced to clip in/out on the all stop signs. I got brave and raised up the seat, and I wanted to get comfortable with the new position. I thought about trying to get in the aero position, but I am still scared. I have aero bars that are mounted on my bike to pretend I am a triathlete. I did a 3 mile run off the bike, which I did at a new time record for me see below. I wasn't even pushing myself. I just ran at a comfortable pace in the 90 degree heat. I think acclimation is starting to take place.
I will post the IWLC week one updates tomorrow at Noon. I had another 2 lb loss this week. So, just like my swimming I keep it slow and steady, which after all it is healthy weight loss rate. I have a Cure concert tonight with Kari. Yes, The Cure since we are two mommas who party like it's 1985. Thanks Mel for the tickets. I will catch up with you guys later tonight if I am not all trippy. Just kidding.
Monday's Workout:
15 Mile Bike 59:36 (15.1 mph)
3 Mile Run 32:59 (10:59)
Mile 1 (11:05) Mile 2 (11:16) Mile 3 (10:38)
14 comments:
OMFG I loved the cure. I hope you Love Cats have fun. I did my first brick workout last week and I now know why they are called bricks. I hope this week's goes better.
Nice time on the 3 miles!
The Cure....wow, remember the hair, one side long one side short short, total flashback! Enjoy the concert.
Nice times this week. Glad to hear the acclimation process is moving along.
Way to kick butt on the run and the weight loss!
Since you're the official official, are you eligible for prizes?
You're kicking my butt!
OMG I ran 4 miles this morning and just did some weights and was feeling all good...
and then I read your activities for the day. Guess I'll go jump in the bayou and do a swim! j/k
you really are an inspiring person.
You're going to post the results!! Only I can go on a diet and gain weight.
Good on you for the swimming. I need to get out there.
Your workouts have been successful. Don't be too hard on you slow swimming... I am right there next to you with speed!
Congrats on the weight loss.
WHOOT WHOOT Viv!! Awesome with the weight loss!!
The Cure, huh? Dont' get too crazy, k? And make sure you take lots of pics ;-) You know I want to see some Viv action!
Man, I totally forgot to email you yesterday about IWLC. Oh well, it's not like I lost anything.
Congrats on the 2 lbs loss -- that's great!
Great weekend for you!
Em
Nice job on the workouts.
The Cure! So brings me back...
Hey, at least you can swim. I can keep a float and move a bit, but that's the extent of my skills. Pretty sad actually.
Have fun with the Cure! And congrats on the weight loss. :)
Great job on the workout. I am such a SLOW swimmer. I would totally have to work with someone.
I want to hear about the concert!! Love The Cure.
And 2 pounds is 2 pounds!! Fantastic!
Oh and you've been tagged. I know you are busy with the challenge and everything but if you get a chance head on over for the questions!
I love the Cure! Hope you had a great time!
Post a Comment