Thursday, June 26, 2008

So Whatcha, Whatcha, Whatcha Like??

All right Ladies & Gentlemen, I need your suggestions. I am looking for music to put a few routines together for indoor cycling/SPIN class. I now have a 3rd class to teach and it may even jump to 4. So, I need to really put some stuff together. Even if you don't attend an indoor cycle/SPIN class I am sure you run, and if you run you might run with an iPod or be connected to some music source.

What really gets you pumped ready to thrash out some fast miles?

What keeps you focused with the hills?

Gentlemen I really need you opinions too. I will also be teaching at a gym where there is lots of guys in the class and I have no idea what you guys like. To tell the truth I am still stunned you can run with your "stuff" anyhow?!

Ladies give it to me. What gets ya going? Even gangsta Marcy, & Rockband Rocker Jess give me the edit version of whatcha like ;-)
Then think about what the "older" you would like to jam to. If you are older that is a plus, but I'm not calling you old. I have a couple of ladies my Mom's age or older and they are some hardcore chicks. I put that "Love Man" by Otis Redding from Dirty Dancing and they were pedaling so fast I thought they were going to break the cranks.

Thanks a bunch in advance! It also gives me a chance to get inside your mind when you workout. Ummm.. ok that sounded stalkirish. If you have never commented on my blog before this is me asking you to come outta the lurking mode, please.


Wednesday's Workout:
Swim Total = 1500 yards
Cycle Class 1 hr.

30 comments:

chia said...

The only tracks I can think of that are void of gender-specific persuasions are Prodigy and Crystal Method. If you need some tracks, e-mail me and let me know how you want me to send the mp3's.

Wes said...

Ooh, ooh! I can help. I'm off to dust off my old Lawrence Welk vinyls :-)

teacherwoman said...

Ooh, I have been fortunate enough to go to a spin class with an awesome insructor and great music! I will share a couple with you!

#1) Sandstorm by Darude.
--->It's techno. The first 30 seconds is at a good pace (probably a cadence of 90-100), and then there is a full fledge "sprint" for 1 minute, and then back to a good pace for about a minute, and then finishes off with another "sprint" all out everything you've got for a little over a minute! We love it!

#2) Crush Crush Crush by Paramore.
--->It's a song that we cycle seated the whole time, going with the beat of the song, and then at the chorus line we double time it.

#3) Right Back - Maxine Nightingale
---> An older song, but this is a good one for up/downs. We usually start with up for 8 counts (on the beat) then down (seated) for 8. Do that a couple times, then switch to 4's (up/down), then 2's and back up to 4, and then to 8. I can't remember if we went back down to 4's then 2's again but you definitely feel the burn in the legs and butt by the end! (A little trivia ... the song is in what movie? Starksy and Hutch)


If you want any more... just let me know. I have a music box in my head, ready and waiting to explode!

C said...

Some of these might not be good spin songs, but all of these help get me going:

-If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul
-Wipe Out by The Surfaris
-Overload by Zappacosta
-Sunchyme by Noize Masters
-Saltwater by Chicane

E said...

I love the black eyed peas, "Hey ya" by outkast, and janet jackson tunes.

Thanks for checking up on me. The foot is doing much better, but still no running. My new shoes come in next week, and I'd rather wait and use the new shoes, then chance another injury with the old ones, you know? But not being able to run is KILLING me!

J~Mom said...

I use up songs and throw them away fast. But my songs of the day right now are:

Pump It by Black Eyed Peas
(also Let's Get It Started)
Lose Yourself by Eminem
Bleed It Out by Linkin Park

When I take classes at the gym I totally love recycled 80s music. They remix stuff. I think it's fun and fresh but I don't have any on my ipod.

Here is the playlist from my gym spin class. I have to give these a listen.

01. Hold On (KT Tunstall)
02. Bridge Over Troubled Water "Love to Infinity Radio Mix" (Hannah Jones)
03. True Believer "True Version" (E-Type)
04. Read My Mind (The Killers)
05. Runnin' Wild (Airbourne)
06. Everything (Tiƫsto feat. Jes)
07. Behind The Cow (Scooter)
08. Won't Go Home Without You (Maroon 5)
0i9. Glad You're Here (Macy Gray feat Fergie)

N.D. said...

I am pasting from my blog the other day:

MY TOP 5 SONGS for 6/24/08

1. See You Again - Miley Cyrus
2. Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
3. Shake It - Metro Station (got me started this morning!)
4. Run the Show - Kat DeLuna
5. Dangerous - Kardinal Offishall

Marcy said...

Ooohhh I agree with Staci on Sandstorm! Honestly chica, I have more techno than gangsta shiz on my playlist. There's only so many times I can hear "I'm gonna bust that (naughty word) ass" and "git out da way biatch" I'm such a poser, huh? :P

I also dig 9PM and Don't Stop by ATB, Get Ready To Bounce by Brooklyn Bounce, gosh there's so many I can't think of them all off the top of my head LOL

Kevin said...

Sandstorm is great.


Anything by the techno band Scooter is great. Especially "Faster Harder" and "Move Your Ass"

When I used to go to Gold's they did Les Mills RPM. Those tracks rock. I used to be a spin class addict. I even wanted to teach spin. I love to create my own workout playlists

Here is a track list for 30+ RPM releases

My Favs
Reason by Ian Van Dahl-long buildup sprints
All the people in the World by Safri Duo- good short out of your seat sprints
Blood is Pumpin by Voodoo and Serano- tough hills seated to standing
Desenchantee by Kate ryan-builds up slowly to an all out sprint
Lets go Crazy by prince-I think it was like out of the seat runs
Stomp by DJ Alligator Project- good tough out of the seat climb all the way song

I could go on and on and on. Email me if you want more

Kevin said...

Oh and I was recently surprised to find out my favorite instructor from Gold's now teaches at LAF YAY!! Except I am not too fond of the LAF spin bikes

Jess said...

Oh man I love when my cycling instructor busts out the Michael Jackson and Prince...she also lets us rock out to Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy because it's so hilarious...chica even throws in some Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers (i kid you not...and there's definitely older people in the class)

Delane said...

okay here is my 2 cents

Madonna - Vogue
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Human League - Love Action
Usher - Yeah
Chemical Brother - Let it be forever
Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
Blur Song 2
No Doubt - It's My Life
Gun's & Roses - November Rain
Live- all Over You


"Jump" Madonna
"Ecstasy" Rusted Root
You Can't Always Get What You Want" or "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" or "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" or "Let's Spend the Night Together" or "Honky Tonk Women" " Brown Sugar" , " Beast of Burden" Emotional Rescue- yes this is one of my favorite stones songs :0 "Start Me Up" - Rolling Stones



"Jealous Again" or Hard to Handle" Black Crows
"Billie Jean" - Michael Jackson
"Every Breath You Take" - The Police
"Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" - Pink Floyd
"Photograph" - Def Leppard
"You Shook Me All Night Long" - AC/DC
"Little Red Corvette" - Prince



"Super Freak" - Rick James
"The Message" - Grandmaster Flash
"Jeremy" - Pearl Jam
"Rapper's Delight" - Sugarhill Gang ..an all time CLASSIC!!
"I Love Rock 'N Roll" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"Heart of Glass" - Blondie



"Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
"Paradise By the Dashboard Light" - Meat Loaf
"Smooth" - Santana featuring Rob Thomas
"Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" - Eurythmics
"Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran
"Tainted Love" - Soft Cell
"Who Are You" - The Who
"Whip It" - Devo

Timmy said...

Some suggestions:

U + UR Hand (explicit) - Pink
Shut Up & Drive - Rihanna
(both of these are good for some sprint work)

Into The Ocean - Blue October
(this is good for a long slow hill climb)

Nancy said...

I wish I could help ya but I am a music moron. I have no interest for the details. I can recognize songs when I hear them but never have any clue on name or artist. It's the weirdest phenomena. I think my brain must be full with all that pharmacology crap. My Hub was forever QUIZZING me when we were dating, "who is this?" "Surely you know this one?" "Just guess, I know you can get it if you just try." "I DON'T effing KNOW and I DON't effing CARE - HOW CAN I MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? Are you trying to make me feel stupid because that is what is happening!!!" It wasn't pretty . :D

Bet you're glad you asked, huh? :D

Anonymous said...

I think I love Delane.

My Favourites (for running)
40 Miles of Bad Road -- Dead Moon
Rock Lobster -- B52s
Jique -- Brazilian Girls
I love myself today -- Bif Naked
American in Me -- Avengers.
Dwight Yoakam -- Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

N.

Yasmin said...

I call it their "junk".

I like punk music. My Chemical Romance, etc, but I bet techno would go over better.

And you'd always have the beat.

Anonymous said...

Im 40.
I HEART OLD SCHOOL SNOOP.
Im no help.

:)


Miz.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Teenagers- My Chemical Romance
Famous Last Words- My Chemical Romance
I'm not OK- My Chemical Romance
DOA- Foo Fighters
It's my Life- Bon Jovi
One Wild Night- Bon Jovi
I'll Sleep when I'm Dead- Bon Jovi
Any Dance Mix with Depeche Mode
Any thing by the Killers
Not sure about World Wide Suicide by Pearl Jam
Bring your Love Down- Yaz

Carly said...

I wish I could help ya....but my music (snoozic) is lame. I have a lot of metal on mine. I guess I miss the glory days of high school.

good luck! congrats on the spinning gig!!

Tiggs said...

ok- my favorite warm up song for SPIN class is U2 "Where the Streets Have No Name"...that is the BEST first song!!

I also like "4 minutes" by Madonna and JT for hills and the Janet Jackson song "Feedback" is also really good as is "Escapade"

I have zillions more, but that's a start!

An Athlete In Training said...

I have no clue if these are good spin-songs or not, but here are some that get me going!

Nickel Creek - The Fox
Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come
James Morrison - Wonderful World
Ingram Hill - Four Letter Word
Little Big Town - Boondocks

Erin Leigh said...

Here are a bunch from my playlist. If you want me to copy any or all just let me know!

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) - Bruce Springsteen

Calabria 2007 (Club Mix) - Enur

Flashing Lights - Kanye West

Just Fine - Mary J. Blige

Wind It Up - Gwen Stefani

Feedback - Janet

Rock Star - Prima J

Take Me Away (Into the Night) - 4 Strings

Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Phenomenon - LL Cool J

Call On Me (Radio Edit)- Eric Prydz

All The Small Things - Blink 182

Now That We Found Love - Heavy D And The Boys

Laid - James

Just What I Needed - The Cars

Salvation - The Cranberries

The Saints Are Coming (Live from New Orleans) - Green Day & U2

Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown

4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) - Madonna

Maneater - Nelly Furtado

Smells Like Teens Spirit - Nirvana

Sunday Morning - No Doubt

Can't Stand Losing You - The Police

Another One Bites The Dust - Queen

21st Century - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna

American Girl - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2

Angel Of Harlem - U2

Vertigo - U2

CoachLiz said...

Viv,

The guys love classic rock. AC/DC, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Joan Jett, Eagles, Boston, Talking Heads, The Cars, ZZ Top, U2, Foreigner, Guns and Roses, you get the picture.

Here are ones that people have not mentioned that I LOVE!!!

SledgeHammer 2008--Robert Vadney Paul Oakenfold Remix

Bring the Noise (Pump-kin Remix)-- Public Enemy vs. Benny Benassi

Naughty Girl (Calderone Quayle Club Mix Edit)-- Beyonce

The Right Life (Tiesto Remix)-- Seal

Dirrty (Tracey Young Mix)-- Christina Aguilera

Fire--Scooter

Redemption (Max Graham's Dead Sea Mix)--Conjure One

Roadhouse Blues(Crystal Method Remix)[Bonus Track]--The Doors vs. Tiesto

Ruberneckin' (Paul Oakenfold 12" Extended Remix)--Elvis Presley

Mesmerized (Freemasons Radio Edit)--Faith Evans

Addicted (The Scumfrog Remix)--Enrique Iglesias

Rodney Yates--David Holmes

Hardcore Salsa (Hardsound Single Edit)--Mikesh

Carpe Noctum--Tiesto

Club Foot--Kasabian

Angelicus (Andy Moor Full Length Mix)--Delerium

There is a start for you girl. All of these can be found on iTunes. Have fun with them. Look for other cuts from the same artists as well. Lots of good stuff is out there, you just have to dig for it.

Groover said...

Hi Viv, Lily just directed me to your blog as I'm on the prowl for music playlists for training rides for my iPod, too. Happy to exchange findings :-) I just uploaded The 2005 Annual Ministry of Sound. Haven't actually tried it on the bike, yet, but think it will be quite good. Thanks in advance.

Groover said...

Guess, I should read all your comments first next time. To check out all the suggestions here will keep me busy for a while. :-)

WeightingGame said...

I have to put a vote in for Maneater by Nelly Furtado. And...if you're feeling sassy and more than a bit non-PC, how about Smack My B&*%$ Up? Great song for pumping yourself up!

RooBabs said...

I'm certainly not the music/playlist expert (my SIL loaded most of the songs on my iPod) but a few good ones that I run to are:

Billy Idol- "Mony, Mony"; "Rebel Yell" and "Dancin with Myself"

Bodyrockers- "I Like the Way (You Move)"

Gwen Stefani- "Wind it Up"

Not sure how they would work for the bike, but you might want to check them out.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://akepodacaj.uvoweb.net/kawileso.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]