Friday, June 20, 2008

Heading To The Hill Country


I am leaving to Austin today for a tri tomorrow. It is a super sprint but the only thing that makes it super is that it cuts off 1 mile off the bike to make it super. I would have preferred the extra mile and it be a regular sprint. To top it off it is the hill country. I live in Houston where everything is flat except my boobs. Well, when I have the Enell on the flat uniboob is customary. I am not feeling to great about this tri. It is a pool swim, which is new to me at a race. *Note: I am no expert even though I talk like a seasoned triathlete. It is only my 3rd tri and sprint is the furthest I have gone. So really, I have only been to first base in the tri world. I only registered for this race since my sister wanted to do a sprint that was a pool swim. Now, she is not doing the race due to several issues. She will still be part of the Team Viv paparazzi cheer squad just not doing the race. Ah, well I will quit bitching it is Austin and Austin is always awesome! *Note: There is a local womens race this weekend with the similar distances and pool swim. I guess the sis missed this while researching.

Thanks for all the wishes on the audition. I got the job! I will have my own class on Mondays & Wednesdays. It is nice that I jumped right to having my own class since most gyms make you be a sub first. The only thing that has me pouting is that the tri training team does coached swim workouts on Wednesday evenings and I will miss out. If you know my 3min/100m swim you would know how much I need a coached swim workout. Maybe, I can swap classes with another instructor every three weeks or so to get in a coached swim occasionally.

I am stoked to start OLY tri training next week!! Remind me of this sentence when I come here crying like a girly man from getting my ass kicked. My amazing, *Note: Even though she will coach 19 others I still call her mine. Coach K took first in her age group this past weekend at IM70.3 Kansas! I am so excited to be coached by someone I have admired this past year. *Note: I just got my first couple weeks training schedule that starts Sunday. I have no idea what some of the stuff means; decreasing, descend, accelerations, TT effort, sustained pulls. Holy shit, I am so lost!
*Note: I am not on first base in the tri world. I am definitely sitting in the dugouts.

31 comments:

C said...

Congrats on the job and good luck in the tri!!!

Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME and I need to go back and find out where the classes are.

austin, yes?

Miz.

Kevin said...

Congratulations.. We all knew youd get it. Good luck in the race this weekend.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Best of luck in your 3rd Tri. I am also doing my 3rd Tri this weekend (all sprints also).

Marcy said...

GOOD LUCK VIVALICIOUS!! Dang you roll with a paparazzi cheer squad? I just haven't acquired that kind of celeb status yet, damn LOL

Anonymous said...

Viv, congratulations on the job. That is so awesome. Have fun with the race this weekend, it will be a nice way to transition into OLY training.

Anonymous said...

Race well!

Erin Leigh said...

Good luck with the race and congrats on the class, although I didn't even think about you not getting it.

Wes said...

Sounds like me and my sis signing up for Ironman together, then she gets preggers :-( LOL!!!

Very cool on the Oly training. You are kicking some major booty!!! Woot!!! :-)

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck tomorrow!! Have a super "super sprint!"

triguyjt said...

good luck viv...

and way to go on getting the job..i know you had it in you and of course, you have come a long way too... props to the viv-ster

thanks for the happy birthday greeting, ala marilyn monroe..LOL

Jess said...

Congrats on the spin job and good luck this weekend!

chia said...

Good luck!!!

Holly said...

Have a great race! Don't let those hills bite you. You'll do fantastic!

Diario de Elysia said...

LMAO in the dugouts.

Girl, you will do fine! I think you may have a tendency to be a worry wart. STOP IT!

Felicidades on the new job. Very cool.

Timmy said...

Hey. While you may think that you're just sitting in the dugout look at this way.

You've put on the uniform and you're there to play!

What's that song? "Put me in coach. I'm ready to play today."

E said...

Congrats on the job and good luck this weekend!

Yasmin said...

congrats!

Viv, you'll be an expert at trainingese in a week, or so I say.

I think I've deciphered all the training I did for the sprint.

Nitmos said...

Have a great race. Nice use of the *Note feature, BTW.

Tammy said...

Congrats and Good luck, Viv!!

paige said...

Congrates Viv!! Good Luck on the Tri!

Anonymous said...

I have never competed in a tri..always wanted to try it out. Good luck!

MePlusMyThree said...

Congrats on the class Viv!!

Good luck on your Tri!

teacherwoman said...

Good luck this weekend! :)

Teacher Pursuits said...

The swim is in a pool? Interesting. How do they manage that in a race?... unless there are only like 6 people racing? Or... are there heats? BUT, I would guess that, you'll swim fast because the elements (wind, current, FISH), are more controlled. :) Good luck!

P.O.M. said...

Congrats on the jobby job.
"Only my third tri"
UHM.. would you listen to yourself woman? That's AWESOME.
Have a great race.

Lily on the Road said...

Way to go getting your own classes!!

Have fun this weekend, hey, we all start somewhere! At least you're out "doing it"...YOU GO GIRL!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Sorry to be missing you RIGHT NOW in Austin! Hope you're kicking butt at the tri!!! Also--congrats on the new job. It's going to be a great summer for you and you'll be full of inspiration for others!!

Bob A said...

Congrats on getting your own class. You must have done a great job in the audition.

Robin said...

Congrats on the job and good luck this weekend, Viv. I'm jealous that you'll be training for an OLY soon!

Clearly, I'm insane.

J~Mom said...

WOW girl! A job rocks! Imagine all the bling you can buy now!!