- I had a 2lb loss last week.
- I have a new snazzy masthead from the great people at The Masthead Factory. Ya dig it?
- I PR'd on my Saturday's 5K, by that hair on my chinny chin, chin. Ewww.. I don't have any hair on my chin. If I did I would wax those puppies off!
- Coach Bill was kind enough to invite me to The Woodlands Running Club social on Sunday afternoon. Everyone I met was so nice. I loved it so much that I am now a Woodlands Running Club member.
- I had my first track workout Tuesday on the kind invite again of Coach Bill. I saw a few of the people from the social, and they were so welcoming.
- On the track we did 2 miles with 8X200. Doesn't it seem like I know what the hell I'm talking about?!? It was hot like 91 or so. I didn't feel terrible so I might just be acclimating to the heat. I told you it was my word of the month.
- Coach Bill said some of the most flattering things I have ever heard. Such as, you have a great stride, your form is so efficient. Wow! I rather hear that kinda stuff instead of your hair is sexy or that dress is hot on you.
- I love spin class! My closest friends and family know that I have been wanting to be instructor for months now, but wanted to lose more weight based on appearance issues. Anyhow, one of the instructors was sick last Friday. The gym manager put on a CD and said do your own thing on the bike. The class nominated me to go up to the front and lead them through some routines. Everyone, in class said I did great. The gym manager asked when am I going to get certified. Kelly, Rachael, and Becky the instructors (can you tell how often I go to spin class that I know all spin instructors at the gym) have been pushing me to get certified for a couple months now. I know I am ready now. The ladies in the class reminded me that we all can't be a size 2, that I am fit, and best of all motivating. All this week different instructors have been letting me lead the class through one or two songs.
- I have the Mad Dogg Cycling instructor certification training on the 14th. It is 9 hours, and from what I hear it is very intense. I am so excited! I still am shocked! That me, big ol' couch potato Viv has the possibility of being a spinning instructor?!? OMG!
- I have been keeping up with workouts. Just at a maintain level now for the super sprint tri in three weeks. I begin a full on tri training schedule at the end of the month for my first olympic distance tri.
- A few pals are coming to Houston to run the 1/2 in January!!
- My PIM running coach pal, Trish is going to run San Antonio 1/2 with me!
- I will be joining Kim Hager's Strive Tri Training program. I will be coached by one of my favorite female athletes starting at the end of June!
Oh yea, life just feels great right now. Things are just falling into place, and I am very grateful...
** Editors retraction**
I posted over the weekend that the Nitmos's theory was more of a hypothesis. The theory works if you can do math above a second grade level, and not spend quality racing time cutting down your spouse/running partner. Not Fit To Run regrets, and apologizes to Nitmos for the miscommunication of the information.
33 comments:
That's awesome about being a spin instructor! You must really be in tip top shape! ;)
Aclimating to the heat officially sucks. (I figured I would use your two words of the month).
Congrats on your soon to be instructor certification!!
I don't want to aclimate to the heat. Don't they know it's supposed to be sunny and 70s everyday in Southern Cali? No 100s no rain.
GL at the spin instructor cert. You continue to amaze and motivate me.
OMG like seriously? You are all pro now and everything! I will be able to say I knew you when.....
I love spin class!! Congrats on all your great accomplishments.
Congrats on all your achievements!
The spin thing is awesome!!! I have the same goad before I start training. I just worry about people taking me seriously. But getting thrown up there was the best way to find out, right?
LOL about the compliments. I think I would be the same way now. One of the trainers at the gym told me I had good structure about a month ago and it still makes me blush ;)
91? I would just die but rock on!!
Coaches are cool! and you do look HAWT :-) You are a kick ass tri-chica after all...
Congrat's on the spin class and going for your certification!
You put me to shame, you've had an amazing week...!
Great job on the PR. Good luck on the spin instructor certification
wtg VIV....being a fitness instructor is really fun!
Oooohhh Viv you are the woman! I don't know how the heck you homies down South swing that heat. I'd probably just be inside with popsicles or sumfin LOL
Viv- Wow! I'm so impressed!
OMG, you're a freaking rock star.
You're an inspiration to all fat chicks like me!!
Whoa. You got a lot going on. You rock & good luck with the spin cert. You are going to have so much fun :)
Wow--positive energy like that is so contagious and spills over into every aspect of your life! Congrats on leading spin class! You'll be certified in no time, girlie...
Hi Viv it's Misty I met you at The Woodlands Running Club Social and then again at track. Great to meet you and I am glad you will be joining us. See you at the track and on the roads.
You're doing awesome Viv!!
~paige
2 lb loss AND spin instructor? Girl you are EN FUEGO!
love the masthead.... mastehead factory???really?? wow
props to you on the spin class leading....fantastic...
and you have a sexy stride??or was it an efficient, sexy stride???
work with me here, Viv ;)
You go gurrrrl! Spin instructor? THAT IS FABU! It is something I've thought about doing but haven't 'cause I'm not sure how I look in the shorts.
You're making me feel like a couch potato or is it potatoe? Thank you Dan Quayle for forever confusing me.
Congrats on being such a motivating spin instructor! Teaching on the fly is really really hard. As an instructor, I have to give you major props for being able to do that!
Good luck with your certification. I'm sure you'll make a great instructor!
Wow!
Congrats on the spin instructing, and on the loss!
I just love your editors' notes and retractions. LOL!
Wooo Hooo Viv! You are rockin'! That would be so cool to be a spin instuctor. I am still too chicken to take a class.
Nice job on the WL....I just noticed it was your anniversary. You have had an awesome year.
Love your new masthead too!
WOW Man! Super cool stuff going on with you! Spinning is SO hard! good for you on getting certified and the 5k PR and the 2lb weigh loss.
Spinning is hardcore. So teaching spinning makes you the hardcore messiah. Right?
Good on you Viv, bring on more chipper :-D!!! You're contagious.
I appreciate the retraction and validation of the theory!
You are rolling now. Keep up the great momentum!
I HEART Spin... have for the past couple years. But, I love the open road even more... it's a totally different game! :)
All of that sounds awesome Viv! And I can see you fitting in with the Kellys and Rachels of the spin instructor world!
spin rules. where do you spin and where can I come take your class in the future? wtg go....wow!
what oly are you doing?
That is awesome a spin instructor! I work part time in the kids care at a gym, when I first started I was intimidated by them all - now after I have gotten to know them is they are all wonderful people - some are bigger some are size 2.... but I have learned they all sweat the same!
Go girl Go!!
Em
If I lived closer I would sign up to take one of your spin classes! Good luck. You are such a great motivator.
Coach Bill is great!!! BTW, love the Masthead. I was just thinking I was long overdue for a new one.
Post a Comment