If you are here for the IWLC week one updates click on this link.I did a track workout close to noon today so it was 90 degrees. I am really getting used to it, and being careful to just stop to get a drink when needed. The blacktop did give me that egg in a frying pan sensation. Half way through the workout a the high school football team came out on the track. They were probably wondering who is this old, fat lady and can she move. Well, I am pleased to say that on the last 300's I took some of those bigger linebacker boys down! Following the track workout I did an hour on the chillax recumbent bike since I was too sleepy for spin class this morning.

I got home from the concert at close to midnight. Then stayed up till 2:30AM entering every one's weight for the challenge, and generating the post. It was a great show, but being a semi fan I did not know all the jams. My sister, Mel is the huge fan but gave me her tickets due to a graduate class she had in the evening. Shane, said it looked like I was going to a picnic. Once at the concert I noticed I dressed inappropriately
prepish.
The Cure -- Fascination Street The loud scream you hear at the end is my big mouth
I am spending the late afternoon with my dearest friend, Rita today. That is the great thing on not being on a tough training schedule, I have time for a small social life again. Well, Lil Buster will be back from Grandma's tomorrow so the party is over. LOL!
The track splits are below. I hope I did it right. Coach Bill was awesome to email me the workout since I will not be at the track tonight. I finally figured out how to set up the workout on the Garmin then I learned I could put time targets on the intervals as well. I am excited to be using the advanced features on the Garmin. No wonder people *heart* their Garmin.
Tuesday's Workout:
3 Mile Run/Track
Mile 1 easy (12:11)
Mile 2
4 x 300/0.19 miles (1:40, 1:40, 1:34, 1:37) Recovery 100's (15:19)
Mile 3 easy (14:41)
1/2 Mile Cool Down Walk
Recumbent Cycling
1:06 15 Miles
Some pictures from this past weekend at Shane's company picnic at the water park. We had a blast, especially Lil' Buster! I finally wore a bathing suit this year.



If you are still not sick of the family pics, here is Lil' Buster(white tee) dancing at the picnic.
He loves to dance, so my child.
32 comments:
LB is way too cute!
I hope when we have kids they get my dancing skills and not Manny's! LOL!
I applaud you for running in the heat of mid-day. I should run at lunch, but just can't get out there. I am forcing myself to go today after work and I know it won't be pretty!
Right on the money with the splits. Great job !
I'm so jealous you went to the Cure. I haven't seen them since 1985 - boy am I dating myself there.
You look great in the family pics and I'm glad you wore a suit. I'll be wearing one for the first time in about 10 years in August.
How exciting joining the WRC! I would be so intimidated, but here you are a big-time athlete and all now. I can't wait to be able to run enough to do something like that. When I can, maybe I'll come run with you some day.
Way to go!
OMG! I'm way jealous of you getting to see the Cure. I listened to all of their stuff when I was in jr. and high school in the early and mid 80's. I never went to a concert because my parents would not let me.
Congratulations on getting into the bathing suit and wearing it proudly at the company picnic! I am sure LB loved doing the water park with you.
way to knock those football players down a notch or too...
lil buster is really a cutie
Ohh I love The Cure. I forgot about them and need to download some of their tunes! You look fantastic! I am happy you wore a suit this year as it's probably not wise to streak at a company picnic...oy..the carrot sticks are getting to my brain.
I'm also jealous you got to see The Cure!
Your kids are adorable. :)
Way to take the young football players down! Nice job on the workout today.
Looks like you and the family had a nice weekend at the picnic. Good for you for wearing a bathing suit with confidence.
Lookin' GREAT babe! I didn't recognize you in the pic with Shane. Your face has gotten a lot thinner & you look even more fab than you did before!
Great job with the workouts.
I didn't know Garmins could do that kind of a workout. I use my intervals a lot, but haven't gotten that fancy.
Cure sounds great!
I tagged you! If you would like to get invlove in this tagging just go to my blog and see the details... I tagged you cuz you were the first blog I stalked!
Em
Viv, I tagged you, check out my blog for the questions. Now I'm off to read your blog.
That is absolutely priceless! Too cute!
Good effort on the week last week - 6 days spinning in a row??? WOW.
Congrats on taking the spin certification too. You have the same issues as me - I want to lose the weight before I turn up to my tri coaching course - nuts really, but that's just the way us chicks are (or at least us anyway!!!!!). it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way!
WAY TO GO US.......
LOL about the football players. Great job getting out there in the heat!!
That video is too cute!
Lil Buster is too cute!!
WTG! on the bathing suit triumph.
I want to call you bad names over getting to see The Cure....
Loved the track replay!
~paige
You are getting in some killer (scorcher) workouts! You weren't actually going to swim with your Garmin were you? I don't think that's a good idea!!
ROFLMAO Viv!! He is soooooo your child!! I love it!! Looks like an awesome concert too chica!
Nice work-outs. If you can train through this heat, think how much easier it'll be to run fast when the weather cools. Just don't over do it, of course!
WTG on the track workouts. I ran in the heat yesterday and I thought I was goign to die!
Wow, I look a little drowsy. LOL Concert was fun, thanks for inviting me again.
Keep pounding out the workouts in the heat. You are amazing!
Lil' B is such a character, I wonder where he gets it from? ;)
Nice pics!! I haven't been in a suit all year (besides my Speedo for workouts)....
Great pics! And yeah, you have wear black to concerts. Or leopard prints. I always seem to see lots of animal prints at concerts.
I was at a DMB concert on Saturday. I felt like an old lady! Who knew so many kids would wear dresses to an outdoor concert!?
Love, love, love the pics.
Congrats on wearing the suit to the company picnic. It sounds like a fun time- I wish my company would take us to a water park!
Little Buster is so cute hamming it up for the camera!
Awesome splits--and way to show those young 'uns how it's done on the track!!
I'm heading to see the Indigo Girls tonight...a social life...what a concept!!
I have been listening to the Cure quite a bit this week. That's ironic!!! Great pixs !!! Nice workout and I know it's HOT. Stay cool and love those videos!!!
I loved LB's dancing skills! It's great when kids dance - no inhibitions, and it's so cute!
Gratz on smokin' the linebackers!
That is some mad dancin' skills. He should teach a little class. ahha. Looks like fun!
What a cutie!
WTG running in the heat. I just can't imagine doing that at this point. great job kicking the football players booties.
Ahhh The Cure! that brings back soooo many memories.
Dude, anyone that appreciates de-masculinizing (I don't know how to spell it :-)) the average jock is keen in my book!
Great pics!
thanks so much for stopping by!
off to explore yer digs :)
MizFit
Great workout.
I can't say I'm jealous you went to the cure because I don't know who they are!
cute kids:)
He dances just like me! :)
Post a Comment