I have pushed myself pretty hard this week, burning over 4000 calories. I am exhausted! The week is not over yet with a planned spin class tomorrow, and swim. After the week is done it will be about 4500+ calories. I have been extra good nutrition wise staying on WeWa and keeping my daily intake of about 1300 calories. I am the President of this IWLC so how would it look if I did not do well, besides I want to do well for myself anyhow.
How did I burn 4000+ calories?
-Spin class 5 days in a row. Tomorrow will be the 6th day.
-2 mile track run with intervals
-3 mile run off the spin bike on the TM
-3 swims at 750 yards each
-5 mile leisure bike ride on Baby Girl
-Spin class 5 days in a row. Tomorrow will be the 6th day.
-2 mile track run with intervals
-3 mile run off the spin bike on the TM
-3 swims at 750 yards each
-5 mile leisure bike ride on Baby Girl
(She was getting jealous of that stationary spin bike)
-7 mile run off Baby Girl (word “run” used very loosely)
-7 mile run off Baby Girl (word “run” used very loosely)
I did my long run today since Lil’ Buster was going to be with Grandma. Man, was it HOT. It was in the 90’s again and unbelievably humid. It had been 3 weeks since I had done anything over 3 miles, and was not sure if I could do it. I thought I would go out there listening to my heart. Not my heart rate, but my heart rather than stare at the Garmin. I would run at my own pace at my comfort zone. Well, that was all good and dandy except my legs felt like cylinder blocks. I assumed it was the heat or just way too much on the legs with all the spinning.
Whatever, kept going it was now about mile 2, and I felt negative about the whole run. Dark clouds began to roll in, followed with a huge rain fall with no thunder or lightning just a steady shower of rain. It was like God’s way of saying, my dear child take this shower to cool off since you are not too bright trying to acclimate in the heat and humidity from hell. That got me to mile 3.44. Yes, I remember the exact distance that I began to feel more negative. By that point the sun came blazing back with full steam ahead. I was getting close to my turn around point when I saw a maintenance man go by on a golf cart on the trails picking up trash. I contemplated hitching a ride with him back to my car. Here is where some serious walking commenced for a good mile. I was OK with walking all the way back. Then the voice of reason set in.
VOR: Are you really going to walk the rest of your long run?
Me: Yes, I am not training for any long distance runs right now. It is all about listening to my heart, and it wants to walk.
VOR: Do you know how long it will take you to walk back?
Me: You are right. The sooner I can get home; I can shower and indulge in an afternoon nap. Geez, why do you always have to be so damn reasonable?
I was trudging along at about mile 5ish , and I let out a huge startled scream. I thought I had found my first dead body like the Pearl Izumi ad states real runners find. Great, I thought now I could be a real runner without putting out the fast miles. (I kid, I kid..I joke, I joke) It was one of the workers installing the street lights taking a nap under a tree. Just his legs were hanging out on the trail. Needless to say my scream finished up his nap time. Sorry guy, thought you were dead, now get back to work.
Me: Yes, I am not training for any long distance runs right now. It is all about listening to my heart, and it wants to walk.
VOR: Do you know how long it will take you to walk back?
Me: You are right. The sooner I can get home; I can shower and indulge in an afternoon nap. Geez, why do you always have to be so damn reasonable?
I was trudging along at about mile 5ish , and I let out a huge startled scream. I thought I had found my first dead body like the Pearl Izumi ad states real runners find. Great, I thought now I could be a real runner without putting out the fast miles. (I kid, I kid..I joke, I joke) It was one of the workers installing the street lights taking a nap under a tree. Just his legs were hanging out on the trail. Needless to say my scream finished up his nap time. Sorry guy, thought you were dead, now get back to work.
I begin to pick up my run a bit after that. I just wanted to get to my shower and bed at home. At mile 6 it was like God, gave me that lil’ punch on the jaw as to say, go get ‘em kid. The cloud cover came back over and the rain cooled me all the way till the Garmin read 7 torturous miles, in a way too long time of 1:39, and an obscene (14:12) pace.
It wasn't pretty, so much for listening to my heart. What made me think of that listen to my heart run crap!?! I got home to a sweet shower. I even indulged in the powder and body sprays. I put on some cozy pj’s, pulled the curtains to make it pitch black in the room, and laid in the bed. Within minutes I was back out of bed. The damn kids next door were playing basketball outside my window jamming to “Back That Ass Up”. Yep, school is out now for sure.
It wasn't pretty, so much for listening to my heart. What made me think of that listen to my heart run crap!?! I got home to a sweet shower. I even indulged in the powder and body sprays. I put on some cozy pj’s, pulled the curtains to make it pitch black in the room, and laid in the bed. Within minutes I was back out of bed. The damn kids next door were playing basketball outside my window jamming to “Back That Ass Up”. Yep, school is out now for sure.
**Please Note**
Acclimating to the heat can make you believe God adjusts the weather for your run, in addition to making you believe you have conversations with the Voice of Reason
25 comments:
Nice job on that calorie killing. I thought I was the only one who had conversations like that with the VOR. :)
I just scared Calvin with my LOL cackle about the dead body.
OMG I am LMAO at the dead body.
"I thought you were dead, now back to work..."
hahahahaha
I have a HUGE run scheduled for tomorrow and it is supposed to be in the 90s. ICK. I am going out right after Tball. I have my G2 chilling in the freezer and I will have to be geeked out with my running belt on with my fluids.
Better than dying from dehydration, no?
:)
Most bizarre thing. I had a long drawn out run as well... came in 14:12 (over 8 miles)
I had to laugh at the man under the tree. Someone actually found a body in the bushes here earlier this week. I think she was walking her dog. But I have run the path. (Not good.)
I would have screamed too.
Way to get the run done! And great job on the caloric burn!!!
Holy crap girl I get tired just reading about what you do!
Good gravy girl you have been working it!!! niiiiccee but the outfit is mine, k? :>P
LAUGHED (kind of. with you. you were laughing right? :)) at your remark of chipping a tooth in pilates because you werent paying attention.
me? front tooth.
gym class basketball.
TOTALLY SPACING OUT and pondering something else.
good times.
MizFit
The argument that it will take longer to walk than to run is often what prompts me to finish those terrible long runs at a run instead of a walk. When I know that running will get me back faster, I keep at it.
Great job this week on all fronts!
Your post makes me want to take a nap! Good job.
OMG Viv that had to be scary!! I'd probably poo my pants if I saw someone's legs just laying there LOL.
Oy, I hear you about acclimation. I've been reading everyone's elses blogs about how hot it's going to be in all of your necks of the woods that I totally didn't realize we were getting some heat as well. I wanted to die. 92 degrees with humidty is just too much for this northerner LOL I wondered how the heck peeps down south manage it.
Holy Hannah Viv, you have been a machine! You are a work out queen!
I probably would have pooped my pants if I saw what you saw! I am glad it was just a napper.
Kick ass on all the cardio, seriously, you are doing great!!
I would have freaked out if I thought there was a body. That guy is probably still wondering what happened, lol.
I love listening to the VOR, especially when it is right!
Yikes, glad you woke that guy up to get his sorry ass back to work.LOL
Now if you could just yell at the neighbours kids, hmmmmm
My legs would not be able to get that last long run in if I did 5 spinning classes in a row! Well done. Glad the guys was just sleeping.
You're kicking some serious exercise ass! I can only aspire right now to get in five spin classes a week. I thought I was such a hotshot getting in three. Now I know better.
Holy calorie burn Viv! You rock!
ever see those things people put in backof their cars to make it look like someones legs are sticking out of the trunk?? sure you have.. I would have thought the legs were something like that..I would have run right by... but nooo...viv has to scream!! LOL
now get back to work!!!
Nice job, Viv! You are doing awesome! :)
Pretty damn funny post! 5 spin classes in a row!! WOW! congrats on getting through the run. Your transformation is in progress!
Vivi, my laptop is taking a major dump and my email is not working, sorry to put this here, but don't count me out of the race, I will email oyu from work this AM with my WI!
Sorry, I know your rules but I am having major technical difficulties here
OMG!
You crack me up Viv. The sleeper/dead body sighting was a hoot.
Then you top it off with the kids pumping "Back That Ass Up". I was rolling and woke the family up.
HAHAHA!!!
I'm just tired lookin at all that stuff! You rock, Viv!! I am officially a morning peep now. One 90 degree run was nuff for me!!!
Hi Viv
Thanks for visiting me and giving me the chance to get to know you. Your story is absolutely amazing and congratulations on making such a great change in your health. I am really impressed with people who are able to cross train as I am biking and swimming inept..
Best of luck.
I wonder if your mojo is marketable...I bet you'd make a KILLING!!
LOL Still laughing over the "dead body."
I think I may need your time management assistance. You seem to have it down to a science!
~paige
Post a Comment