Before we start this interview, I wanted to thank everyone who commented or emailed me. It meant so much to me. Every thumbs up felt like a virtual high five! A Sincere Thank You!
So, now what you have a big medal and you're too much of a big shot to post?
--No, not at all I was letting the race report “sit” as Nanc would say, for a while and make sure everyone on the World Wide Web has had a chance to read it.
--No, not at all I was letting the race report “sit” as Nanc would say, for a while and make sure everyone on the World Wide Web has had a chance to read it.
What have you been doing to recover?
--I take morning and afternoon walks mixed in with some chillaxing recumbent bike cycling. I also have scrubbed every nook and cranny of the house that I have neglected while training. I took in a musical, "The Drowsy Chaperone" with blog buddies, Timmy & MOF. I did one more ice bath, but now am doing the warm bath with Epsom salts. In a fair trade agreement of me not spending money on a massage, Shane throws in a complimentary massage every evening with the stick and an anti-inflammatory concoction I got from my Dr. Mc Dreamy.
*Editors Note: this stick, Marcy
When will you run again?
--I plan on a spin class this weekend with low resistance and a swim. I am hoping for a run on Memorial Day pending that it feels decent.
Why are you being such a “pussy” with the recovery? There are runners who can run a ½ every other weekend?
--Who are you calling a pussy, biatch?!
Seriously, the legs were feeling a little tingey(is that a word) during taper, and I want to be sure after pushing myself that the legs are 100%. I don’t want to have to wear that sexy orthopedic boot that is in my closet for 6 weeks. It just does not go well with my summer wardrobe.
On the video you posted when you were crossing the finish line, did you add a sound byte of crowd cheering ?
--No, as much as I would like to say that all those people were cheering for my fat ass to get to the finish line. It was actually the first place women’s hand wheel division marathon winner coming in right next to me.
Exhibit A below:

So, when are you going to stop being a little bitch and do the full marathon?
--Whoa, what is your problem lady? I am out of here you slut! I don’t have to put up with this smart ass ho talking to me like that. Let me tell you something Ms. Barbara Walters home wrecker… (Viv begins to get up, but the producers coax her into finishing the interview with a nice cup of Starbucks) no wonder Star couldn't stand your old ass.
---OK to answer your question you nagging hag. I am going to keep getting my feet wet so to speak with a few more ½’s while I continue loosing weight. I am thinking, San Antonio, Houston, and ideally Surf City, the eye candy would be a sweet 13.1 oops, I mean the surfboard medal would be sweet! I would just feel more umm..”comfortable” doing the marathon thinner. So, to answer your question full marathon next year possibly taking up Maria on her running Cleveland side by side, at my pace of course.
What is your top played jam on the iPod right now?
--“Mean to You” by Rocket
Do you have any goals or aspirations for the rest of the year you would like to share?
--I would like to continue my weight loss, and lose another 45 pounds or so. Make a dedicated effort to keep up with strength training even when tri training is consuming all of my free time. I’d like to do an Olympic distance triathlon at the end of this tri season. Also, at years end I would like to get my spin instructor certification, I really enjoy spinning and would love to motivate others by giving them a kick ass class.
Thanks for reading through my narcissistic interview, LOL!
Have a fabulous holiday weekend! Get out there, and enjoy it!!
Have a fabulous holiday weekend! Get out there, and enjoy it!!


28 comments:
This has to be the funniest post ever! Your posts always give me a good laugh! I only wish I lived closer to you so we could run together sometime! :)
ROFLMAO!! Oooo Viv you know me all too well. I was thinking in the most perverted sense when you put in the words "Shane" "massage" and "stick" Damn!
As far as a full marathon goes . . .RnR Az has a nice one in 2009. Me, you, Java, Mendy (I'm sure she can be conned ;-) )? You think about that!
Great post!!Sounds like you have things planned out well. Have a chillaxing weekend
Love the "chillaxing!" Great post. Off topic a bit, but I really like your shorts in the photo. Have a great weekend.
I want to run San Antonio toooooooooo!!!! (that was a whine, in case you wondered)
I think your pics are great.....and the interview was more than FANTABULOUS!!! You crack me up girl :P
LOL that was a great interview. I like the way you told off Barbara.
Now that old hag never interviewed me. Biatch.
When you are proud, it's totally protacol to let em sit. :D
Even if you can't spell protocol. :D
That is hilarious, Viv! I especially liked the pushing away from the table, gonna leave the Starbucks bit.
I think everyone is allowed a little time off for recovery after a race -- it's good for us physically, but emotionally and mentally as well.
Your interviewer has quite the 'tude. but, really, when are you going to do the full marathon??
You crack me up.
ROFLMAO!! Thanks for the clarification on the stick. I'm going to have to come back and finish this later, as I'm falling under my desk :-)
Love the interview! LMAO
Glad you stuck around for the rest of it after that old hag pissed you off!
Hmmmm Houston huh? My friends in Houston have been bugging me to visit.....I might have to join ya for that one.
Let's make a plan!
Have to catch my breath from laughing and grap a tissue for the tears rolling. You are TOO MUCH!
~paige
Did I see surf city????
You know I think I'm going to run surf city and it's just opened up for registration.....
Too funny! Especially your clarification for Marcy! I hear that Surf City fills up really fast.
hey there viv...that was a very funny post, I like...High Five. In my country we laugh alot at many things much like what you have just written for the wild world web....High five.
Hey sister...Anymore ice baths and Shanes gonna steer clear of you....you now what I mean....
You make me laugh and then things come out of my nose...High Five.
By all means (jt being serious) enter a marathon within a year. If you don't I will ask THE BRIDE to come to Houston and give you a piece of her mind...and goodness do we know she's capable...
HIGH FIVE!!!
You for really reals crack me up!!! I am enjoying my own chillaxin over here...
LMAO, viv you are too funny!
1st....WTFG on that race. You rocked!!!
2nd.....hello hot legs!!!!
3rd.....San Antonio?? I am running RnR in November. Will I get to meet you in person??!!!
You make running fun!
Luv you babe!
LOL! you are too funny! great post! enjoy your weekend :)
HA! Great interview!! Your interviewer sure had a lot of sass!
;)
Come to San Antonio for the half and you can join me and Terry on the Riverwalk for post race margaritas!!!
Girl, you are too funny!!
:)
I hope I dont get interviewed by Barbra. lol
You can do the Marathon with me.. Jan 09. We can do it! :)
You funny lady.
I am in for Surf City. It will be my 3rd year! BUT I have to make sure I don't have a work event over those dates.
Holy Cow! That cracked me up!!!! LMAO.
What's Marcy talking about? Maybe I could be conned....
That was just great, Viv!
Post a Comment