Thursday, May 8, 2008

Last Long One

I put in 8 miles today, and that is that last long run before the 1/2. It felt great to have it done, especially since I dreaded it most of the morning. My right leg has been bugging, so I hope the running taper will get it back to feeling great. It was a HOT sun splitting 83 degrees. I stopped off at Luke's Locker on my way home, and they agreed that it is time to replace the shoes. They only have 250 miles on them, but I am guessing being a heavy runner I have blown through the support. I assume it's a watermelon running on toothpicks theory.
Wednesday's Workout:
DOR supposed to swim but had a busy day
Thursday's Workout:
Run 8 Miles 1:42:38 (12:49)
Al with the Komen run. Em & P.O.M. with their 1/2's. Mendy go rock that Clemson Tri. Best of luck to all the fellow cave peeps doing the 10K.




I hope all you hot momma's have a wonderful Mother's Day! Here is a clip of Lil Buster singing to me at Wednesday's Mother's Day luncheon. I think he looked at me for a split second. LOL! I will be back on Sunday or Monday with the tri report.

17 comments:

Carly said...

Nice job on the 8 miles. You have quite the racing schedule! I need some of your mojo! Good luck this weekend.

Your Lil Buster is Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcy said...

Alright Viv!! Excellent on the 8 miler!

LOL LB is too stinkin CUTE! I love it! He looks a lot like you :-)

CoachLiz said...

Props to you for running in the heat yesterday. I was out there running at the same time. Good Luck this weekend with the Ironbabe!

Wes said...

250 miles seems a bit lite for me... Good thing I'm not an expert ;-) Happy Mother's Day! Go out there and kick some ass :-) Woot!!!

Jess said...

Nice job getting your 8 miler done! And in the heat too, wow! And yay to the new kicks!

Little Buster looks like a cutie.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good LUCK VIV!

Nancy said...

Nice work, girlie!!!

I missed the mother's day thingy at school while I was gone. SOOOO sad but Grandma went for me. He is so dang adorable! Lucky you.

Margo said...

LOL!! I never thought about shoes wearing out a little quicker due to extra lbs. One more reason that I need to drop some!

Great job on your 8 miles!

Anonymous said...

oh man, that's one cute 'lil buster! good luck on the iron babe this weekend if i don't get back here.

and i'll add more props for running in the heat. i have a feeling this is going to be a whole other ballgame when it gets warm here in the north.

J~Mom said...

WOOHOOO!! 8 miles rocks!!

I find that I have to switch my shoes out early too. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? :>D

Mendy said...

Woo Hoo! chickie. Way to rock that long run. You're doing great, keep up the hard work! I love the watermelon running on toothpics theory. That's ME in a nutshell. I suppose that's why I switch shoes out more than normal too.

Happy Mother's day!!!!!!

Mendy said...

Oh, BTW - Thanks for the shout out!

triguyjt said...

cute little man.....

happy moms day....

way to get that 8 miler...

The Young Family said...

Way to go on the 8 miles! that is awesome! When it is 65' I complain about the "heat" what am I going to do for our two weeks of 85' weather we get every year? I can handle cold and wet, its the heat that gets me... I guess that is why I live in the PNW with my webbed feet and all!

Best wishes to you this weekend! Thanks for the love!

Em

Timmy said...

I can't keep up with your schedule! :-) I get tired reading about all of your activities. I guess it's time for me to pull out my SLACKER t-shirt. Seriously. I have one.

Anonymous said...

That video of Lil' Buster is priceless! LOL Allen pretty much did the same thing. Happy Mothers Day!

8 miles? I cannot even fathom...

Tammy said...

Great job on the 8 miles, Viv!
I can't wait to see your tri report.

Lil Buster is just too cute!