Long run of 12 miles today on the schedule. It was awful! I can't even begin to describe, but I will bore you with my misery.
- My legs felt heavy, which they are. They were just heavier than usual.
- Once the legs started feeling better my stomach started acting weird.
- It was hotter than hell at 87 degrees and 58% humidity.
- I was sweating more than a whore in church.
- I can't carry enough water with me on these longer runs.
- In turn I started dehydrating getting a pain in my upper back. Always my sign of poor hydration.
- I walked a lot! If I added it up probably about 2 miles worth of walking.
- I did have a good mile somewhere. The iPod had me in some techno trance. My body was running but I was somewhere else.
- My somewhere elses are always crazy. This time I was at Ghost Bar in Vegas go-go dancing on a stage. WTF? I told you I think some crazy things while running. I was looking HAWT in my thoughts though..HAHAHA! Hence the need to continue running.
- I am pretty sure I crawled over some hill by Research. Those that live here, and swear there are no hills in The Woodlands, getoutta here.
- Three hours later my 12 miles were done.
12 Mile Run(I guess) 2:58:17 (14:51)
I would not quit! I was pretty disappointed and even disgusted with myself through out and after the run. I am not looking for sympathy just sharing how truly miserable I felt. I tend to be pretty optimistic, and you can probably count on one hand the times I have bitched about runs on the blog. Than again I have not been running or blogging too long.
I picked up Lil' Buster from the sitters for lunch. We went to Subway, not the yummiest but definitely WeWa friendly. Here is a snippet of our conversation.
Me: Lil Buster you have a prize in this bag.
LB: What is it Mom?
Me: Something about Naked Brothers Band. What is that?
LB: It is a show on Nick. If a girl that is 7 watches it they will fall in love.
Me: Why? Are they cool guys or something?
LB: Girls think they are hot, Mom. I will be hot when I am 7 then girls will want to be with me.
OMG! He is 5 and it is starting already. I laughed so hard on the inside, and just like that miserable run forgotten.
Tomorrow, I have an early wake up call to volunteer at the CB&I Tri in The Woodlands. I am excited since I get to meet Coach Bill, and his some of his runners. I will be on the run close to transition so I can see all the action up close. I will definitely be hoping to do this one next year, but this year I will cheer on the triathletes. The hotties will get a "whohoo, looking strong"! Then in the afternoon I have a open water swim on tap with a bike ride on Sunday. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
18 comments:
Have fun volunteering! You're going to have a better vantage point than I did when I volunteered for a Tri. I wanted to be in the transition area, to see what goes on, but I was on the run turn around.
Oh man, sorry your 12 was miserable. I SO wish you could have been here. Art, Amy and I just did 12.1 and had a great time. You would have loved it. How fun would that be??? I can dream.
Have a great weekend.
I can't believe you ran 12 miles in the heat! :)
You freekin did AWESOME chica!! The best runs are always the worst! Even though they suck, you still stuck with it! You didn't say "I quit" in there so it's all good ;D ;D
I am SOOOOOOO ROFLMAO at your convo with LB HAHAHAHAAA I really cannot wait to hear some of the gems the girls will have in store for me the next couple years.
LMAO...... hotter than a whore in church....
its okay that you had a rough run...remember, you were on a cruise...remember...so..rome wasn't built in a day.... you'lll be fine. besides you ran 12 miles in heat that was.......
hotter than a..well.....you know.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad run. At least you are able to keep such a great attitude about things
Yeah for NOT QUITTING or giving up. That's half the battle right there and you won.
Oh no, he's 5. So hilarious!
i'm sorry your 12 miles were miserable, but you're still my hero.
signed,
the chick who is on week 4 of c2-5k and thought her legs would fall off after a 5 minute run. ha!
I'm bitching about 2 miles and then I read you went 12!! wtg.
WTH?? Ran in this kind of hot weather?? It's not easy to run in this kind of hot weather for all I can tell you. I had to laugh that you were thinking about dancing in Ghost Bar in LV. You got me cracking up. WTG !
Man oh man I had the worst 8 last week. I totally feel your pain!! You DID IT!!
I wasn't in heat today - but had a hard 11.4... bathroom that are always open at Mile 1.5 were closed so forced to run to the end of the trail 5.7 instead of the 5 we were hoping to run too! the kicker is this trail goes through swamp so we couldn't stop anywhere had to stay on the path otherwise our feet would be swallowed by the muddy water! Funny cuz we really don't have swamps in the PNW - just on this trail... hmmmm. makes you wonder! Anyway I am rambling glad you made it through! 11.7 miles I went in almost the same exact time! 2:54 I wish we could run together! I instead enlist my friend to run slower than she normally would -
Em
Ooops I added wrong 5.7 and 5.7 is 11.4~ Em
You did a great job doing the 12 in this heat/humidity! Good for you for doing it! I had so many awful runs in the warmer weather, but then would have great ones once it was cooler. Takes a while for our bodies to adjust to the heat.
ditto to the comments about running in the heat. OY!
That is very hot to be running! I wouldn't have made it the whole way -- I totally would've quit in that heat.
hahahaha! I've felt like that too many times to count. Only the humidity is usually in the 80-90% range here in lovely Flori-duh.
Good on ya!
EVERY run for me lately has been terrible. Why do we keep doing this?
Because we love it! and because it makes you feel good. You did good, and think about how many calories you burn while running for 3 hrs. More, than running for 2, for sure. :-)
Post a Comment