I am sure now the Astros Race For The Pennant 5K is a green light for me this Saturday. What is my goal for the race? So glad you asked. Well, to beat my 5K PR time of 35:57. I ran 3 miles today at 36:18. If I incorporate the Nitmos Theory , I am looking at a 33:25 + some change for the additional .1. That seems a little optimistic to me. Good thing I'm an optimist.

I want to thank all of you who have decided to join the challenge! Marcy, thanks for the plug on your blog. P.O.M. a big thanks for setting people straight, then plugging the challenge. HAHAHA! A big chunk of participants made their way over here from P.O.M.'s blog. Pokey, thanks for being my lovely assistant!
A HUGE THANKS to the generous sponsors who have stepped up thus far. I still am working on a couple that may pull through before the end of June.
The wonderful Meridith from Brooks Running will be sponsoring a complete outfit of one of the winners choice. That's right a top and a mathcy matchy bottom! Brooks® Sports, Inc. is a leading running company that designs and markets a line of high-performance men's and women's running shoes, apparel and accessories in more than 40 countries. Run Happy!
Robert, has been very generous by sponsoring $50,$30,$15 gift certificates to his store. If you have never visited RunJunk.com head over there. They have everything us runners/triathletes need. I have purchased from them before, and he always throws in some great samples of other products. Robert, has also been so supportive by giving a 5% discount to all participants through the month of June using this promo link in addition to a free hat or visor on purchases over $100.
Running Knitter, has lovingly offered to knit some custom made cozy socks for lounging in after a long run.
To confirm your in'ness I must have your starting weight e-mailed to me by Sunday - June 1, 11:59PM. My e-mail is in the contact section on the left margin. You can click it and be forwarded to your mail server or place the cursor over it and you will see it at the bottom left of your screen. Please include a link to your blog in your e-mail since I might not know you by your real name.
I must receive your starting weight by e-mail. It just makes it easier than hunting down your weight in the comments section. I don't want to be such a stickler with this, but it will make it convenient for me. I have had a couple people with special circumstances on Sunday. If you are one of these participants, and I replied to your e-mail I've gotcha covered.
Here's the skinny: I trust that everyone will take a smart healthy approach to this. Please don't starve yourself or go on some crazed liquid diet. It is a one month challenge. So, for some of you it will get you to a healthy weight range. For, a few it will get a couple pounds off that they want to shed. For others,(cough, cough) it will kick start your weight loss back into gear. If you you need healthy tips go back to P.O.M.'s healthy tips they are an ideal set of guidelines to follow. Have fun, after it is all said and done we should all be a little lighter.
23 comments:
You know, I've been hearing the word "acclimate" alot too. Though I know what it means, I'm still not sure I'm doing it right!
Good for you for getting out there - and at 91 degrees! I for sure would have said "No thanks!".
Good luck on your 5K!
Acclimating sucks. :D
HEY BIG THANKS TO THE LOVELY SPONSORS. You are connected, girl.
You are going to blow that 5k away.
SWEETNESS! I'm looking forward to see how this all goes down. Get out the cat claws ladies, those are some good prizes LOL!
I am soooo in on the weight loss challenge! Bring it on! THis is perfect and just what I need!
Nice prizes! Good luck with the race. I am sure you are going to do great.
I am slowly acclimating too.
OMG 91 degrees, I would die!!! I am not looking forward to running in that. Yes, MN does get spurts of heat. LOL
The race is on! After POM arsewhoppin' and this awesome challenge you set up, I am motivated! Great prizes!!! Thanks for organizing.
Kick a$$ doing that run yesterday!! You go girl!
WOW I can't get over how many people have entered the contest!! AWESOME prizes!!
You rock Viv!
That's awesome, Viv! Congrats on putting this together. I'm so excited for you. The fo really reals sponsors you have are awesome too!! Well done!!!
Go for that 33:25 and help prove the FMS labs race setting goal formula is accurate and above reproach! Good luck!
I couldn't ACCLIMATE last year to 15 days over 100 degrees, so I joined a gym.
Thanks to the Sponsors.
Thanks Viv (and Pokey?) for doing this.
I'm SOOOOO excited about this challenge. LOL. Well, maybe not as excited as I would be if I had blue mountain rum cake with a side of vanilla ice cream...oh wait, that's why I'm on this challenge.
Fork down, shoes laced, I'm ready to go!
EXACTLY what Teacherwoman said!!! I'm so in, and there's prizes too!!! Woo Hoo! I luvs that...
Yeah, I'm having a hard time "acclimating" too and know that I've got to keep getting out there to do it.
Umm it still fucking cold in Chicago..It suppose to get in the 70s today. IT was in the 50s all week.
I'm looking forward to the challeng and will email you my prerace weight sunday am.
I can't believe you all got great sponsors and us a discount in June (I'm sure to buy then).
I'll resend my weight. I think I emailed it to you....
Great job lining up sponsors for the contest. I need to start heat acclimating as well. Ugh
Best of luck on your 5k tomorrow! See you there! Start drinking some water throughout the day.
:)
Will there be a weekly weigh-in? or it is one time weigh-in until July 1st?
Hey Viv,
I know what you mean about the heat. I have to do my working out in the evenings. I'm in Houston (well, Tomball/Magnolia) too. I purposely ride the 30-40 min home with the a/c off and windows down because if I don't, it's just too hard to run in that heat and humidity.
I've got to check out Luke's. Is it in Woodlands Mall, or near there?
Please sign me up for the challange.
I think that acclimation business is bullshit. Sometimes, it's just too fucking hot to run, and 91 degrees is one of those times.
After seeing myself in a swimsuit today, I think I'm gonna need to sign up for your June challenge. Do you offer liposuction as part of the plan?
Good Luck on your race!
The closest I've come to "acclimating" is running with the door opened on my little home gym. I wonder if that counts LOL
I know, I know...I need to run outside more but I HATE the jogging stroller with a passion!
~paige
I.WANT.A.NEW.OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh lets see....
Sweating like????
* a tax cheat during an audit
* enron executive at a company reunion.
I could think of more......
props on setting up the challenge and get all the prizes...
Post a Comment