I am laughing my Dr. Evil laugh over here since yesterday I titled the post preliminary Ironbabe race results, and had over 150 hits from people Google searching Ironbabe results. Gotcha suckers, no race results here just me!
I actually saw a few peeps at the tri I knew. I guess this tri world is smaller than I thought. I saw my spin instructor. I saw Jennifer from Lonestar (the chica who said I got her through the run last time), and a few others.
Boy, I am animated for 6ish
The morning started out with thunderstorms moving through the area with some crazy winds that hung around just to annoy. I was cool with whatever the day would bring. I was ready for this tri. I had lost my tri virginity so I kind of knew what goes on this time. I was going to enjoy it, have fun, and try to be better at it. Yes, still talking about tri's. LOL!
Swim Start(I am center closest to dock)
T1(1:49.3): I knew I had to work on this from last time. I still got out of the water a little disorientated, but gave forth my best woggle over to transition. I got my stuff off as I woggled, other stuff on, and took off.
Bike 8 miles(29:00.6): It took me a little longer than I wanted to clip in. My legs were having the shakes. The ride went well, pushed hard. I am seeing my speed increase. In 6 months I have gone from 12mph average to 16.5mph average, which makes Momma happy! The course was a little curvy, and windy in sections. I tend to like the straight aways. Looking at this still image reminds me I need to raise that seat. I think I have gotten over the tough times of rib contusions to loosen up and RAISE that saddle. It also reminds me that I have more rolls than a bakery, shiz!
Bike 8 miles(29:00.6): It took me a little longer than I wanted to clip in. My legs were having the shakes. The ride went well, pushed hard. I am seeing my speed increase. In 6 months I have gone from 12mph average to 16.5mph average, which makes Momma happy! The course was a little curvy, and windy in sections. I tend to like the straight aways. Looking at this still image reminds me I need to raise that seat. I think I have gotten over the tough times of rib contusions to loosen up and RAISE that saddle. It also reminds me that I have more rolls than a bakery, shiz!
Coming back on the bike
T2 (1:18.7): Grabbed a GU threw my stuff down and racked the bike back on the super crowded rack.
Run 2 miles(22:11.1): It was a slight incline on the way out which is not the best thing to run into outta transition. I remembered Wes's comment from the other day telling me to get myself a PR run. That is what I tried to do. Being that I have never done a 2 mile run in a race, it's a PR :-)
Coming back in on the run
I would try to go a little faster but my breathing would get all crazy. I knew the iPod always served a great purpose for me. I can't hear myself huffing and puffing. HAHAHAHA!
Total time 1:01:59 Division Rank 24/47
Lil' Buster dancing on the table. Where ever would he learn such behavior?!?
Weight Loss: Down 1 lb since last weeks weigh in.
Off Topic Corner:
1.What is it with John Mayer? Seriously, I am sitting here watching Inside Edition and Jennifer Aniston is all over him. There is a numerous amount of hot women this dude has been linked to. Is it me? I just don't see what it is about him?!?
2. I was super excited with my Mother's Day present. A brand new Blackberry to replace my banged up dinosaur version Blackberry. Then I read the news and look what is being released in a few months. The sweet new Blackberry 9000..Bastards!


28 comments:
Wow! That is so cool, and a great race report! Here's another bit of advice for you. Don't ever listent to me! ROFLMAO!!! You did wonderful. I got scared just looking at those waves. I guess 200 yards ain't bad, but if people were screaming, I think I'd a turned and headed for shore fo sure :-)
Congrats to your l'il sis for doing her first tri! That is TREMENDOUS! I see you haven't given up being a bad influence on her yet :-D
1. LMAO that Lil Buster is doing a table dance.
2. Kudos to lil Sis.
3. Awesome of thinking to keep you composure in the bad-conditioned water.
Just awesome. You're the wind beneath my wings.
:)
WOOHOO Congrats to both you and your sister! That is awesome that she completed her first tri!!! And you totally rocked the house for swimming in that water!! YOU ROCK!!!!!
OUtstanding! That water looks way to scary for me. Congrats to you and sister.
Lil Buster - busts a move! ha ha. get it?
John Mayer is El Creepo Numero Uno! I don't get it either.
That is some choppy water! Great report. Love the idea of putting the race name in your blog... getting the traffic! Great plan!
I figured I took just over 4 min off a mile. My last race was 2 years ago.. and 35 pounds ago... and well I did train a hell of a lot harder for this race... hmmm I guess the training works!
I can't wait to do my first tri since last year I am hopign to take lots of time off that too! (I had the worst race ever last year @ the Danskin in Seattle... I think I was pulling a VW bug behind my bike, yes it was that slow! It makes for some serious improvments!
Again congrats to you - you braved some serious weather!
Em
viv- the water was mad crazy choppy!! when I saw it, I was like "oh crap" but I just jumped in and took off! It was much slower going--took me over 7 minutes and I can do it in the pool in around 4! I had fun and I know if I can swim in that I can swim anywhere.
Oh- and I totally LOVE John Mayer, so I am mega jealous of Jennifer Aniston...(at least that is just one MORE reason to be jealous of her!)
Ummmmm girl that water looked insane! This Mommacita would've been swimming towards the boats :P You soooo rock! ;D ;D
CONGRATS to both you and the Sis ;D ;D
LB, OMG that kid is going to be just as hee-larious as you!! I love it!!
Ummmm yeah about John Mayer. Nasty. I don't get it either but I think he has a good sense of humor so maybe that's what attracts the lay-dees?!? That and he makes cheese sauce music that all the (I guess, but I don't) chicas love.
Great job. Those really are some choppy waters
OMG! YOU make me laugh! I *heart* your sense of humor.
Congrats to your sis! I'm in awe of anyone who would try a tri.
Lil Buster table dancing? You really shouldn't let him watch Coyote Ugly too many times.
John Mayer...good music but definitely not my type. :-)
Viv, great report. Once again, I'm very proud of you for your commitment, training and performance. I know how much this means to you and seeing you accomplish your goals and get better each time is a great thing to witness, so getting up at 5AM on a Sunday morning was worth it! Keep up the hard work and I'll be beside you this weekend taking pics when you run your first half in Cleveland. Love you always...Shane
Viv,
You are AWESOME!!! Those swim conditions were like some of the chop that I have seen in ocean swims. That is crazy!
Congratulations to your sis on her Super Sprint as well.
I don't get the John Mayer thing. I guess it is all of his bad boy tatts, or the hair. Personally, I go for Tri guys!!!
Wow! You did such an awesome job! The water definitely looked very choppy. I can't wait to do my first tri. I think it will give me the motivation to actually train! haha
Great report and tell Shane "thanks" for the pics!
Great report! Great pics!
Congrats to you and your sister, Viv! Fantastic job- both of you!!
I like John Mayer's music, but I think he is just creepy.
Oh, and I hate when that happens. Just as I buy the latest gadget, they come out with a newer one!
Yahooo!!! Congrats to both you and your sis!!! You both rocked!!!
Loved the videos and pics. You are a true inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, Viv. It sounds like you had a great time with your tri. That's definitely something I'd like to try someday. Don't know about that lake though. Looks a little scary for me. Way to go!
Great job!! I would so not have done it if the water looked like that! Just makes me laugh because I remember when we were cheering Timmy on at the Houston Half Marathon and you were acting like running a half marathon was intimidating. Girl, you have done so much and accomplished so many things, NOTHING should be intimidating for you! You rock!
I would have drowned somewhere amongst those boats rocking in the water. I am not buoyant.
Great job!
Awesome report! Huge kudos to your lil Sis, too! I'm not a John Mayer fan either...I just don't get it.
"shane chasing me with the camera like britney spears going to starbucks"
bwaaaaahahahahaha! aw, you make me laugh, sister. good times. good times.
so that's what "calm" water looks like? yeah. calm. right.
you rocked that race! congrats to your sister for doing her first tri. it's all in the family.
and uh, lay off my john mayer. creepy is the new sexy. hee.
Great report, Viv! And WOOHOO for you little sis!
That's what the waves looked like last year at Timberman. I thought Kev was gonna have a heart attack as he's not a fan of the water and was sure I was a goner. :)
Good luck with your half this weekend!
Just looking at that water makes me want to yak......KUDOS for actually swimming in it!!!
And your family is GREAT....so awesome for your son to be there cheering on his mom for doing something so amazing!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS VIV!!!!!!!!!!!
yo viv...those were some big waves you were swimming in...fantastic job...
it very cool that the whole family is into it...and way to go to your sister for getting into the sport and rocking in...
WAY TO GO..you are no longer a tri-virgin..and you will build and build from this...awesome...
tell lil buster, that dancing with the stars needs a young hunk....haha
WAY TO GO BABE!!
I was sending you some positive vibes Sunday morning from the bed/couch. You got some bonus vibes since you sprinted through so fast -- I was vibe-ing you for at least two hours You rock!
I saw fellow PIMster Doreen tonight and mentioned that you and Mel did a tri. (She ran with Mel in the Aerobics group.) She is way impressed with her, as am I. Doreen told me that Mel was bricking workouts during PIM. Man you girls make me feel like a tub-o-lard! Y'all both rock!
WTG!!!!!!! You rock, that was a great race report.
LMAO about John Mayer....I can't stand him. He bugs me and I don't know why. Jennifer Aniston? Is she doing drugs?
You look fabulous!!!!
Wooot way to go on your sis doing the tri.
You have one hawt family there, Viv. Congrat's to your sis for racing TWICE in a short amount of time!
I also don't get the hype with Mr. Mayer. Maybe he's great in bed?
Also, I would have peed myself seeing those waves...
I LOVED the race report!!!! and the movies captured by your proud husband. That pic of him and Lil' Buster is so adorable. You all 3 look sooo very good together. Beautiful family!
You did sooo well, especially in those choppy waters. That would scare me! The videos were fantastic!!!
Congrats Viv! I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment