
Today was the longest run to date on the schedule, 9 miles. I headed to The Woodlands, where I do most of my runs. I never will know why we moved from there, oh yea cause we couldn't afford it. Maybe in the future. I am not too far from there anyway so I still go visit the trails, and do my rides out there. It is just a friendly sports area. People will still stop at pedestrian crossings, and let you by with a smile, birds chirping, squirrels jumping outta bushes to say hi, beautifully shaded never ending miles of sidewalk trails, running peeps giving the runners sup nod. So, yea it is basically my fairytale running setting.
I took Lil' Buster for his 5 year check up this week. I knew his pediatrician was a runner since I have seen her at local running events. I found out she was also a triathlete when I was looking for my bib number on the Lone Star Triathlon log, and saw her name. She was registered for the 1/2 Iron and did it in a little over 6 hours. So, being the runner/swimmer/cycling stalker I have become. I dressed Lil' Buster in his tee that said My Mommy is a Lone Star Traithlete hoping she would bring it up. She did, and we talked triathlon while some sick kids were waiting to see their Dr. :-O Come to find out she is the secretary of the local tri club, and encouraged me to come to the meeting at the end of the month. She told me there are several beginner athletes and a few sponsored athletes, and they have several workouts to help us improve. Yea! See, being a stalker has payoffs..HAHAHA! I have been back on Weight Watchers hardcore this week. I jumped on the scale and a 5lb loss thus far, but official weigh in day is Monday. So, I won't make it official till than. After, seeing some of the pictures that the photographer took on the course of the tri I thought oh man have I got to get serious with the eating side of my fitness. I want to be a hawt triathlete MILF after all, HAHAHA!
Recovery Week
Monday's Workout:
5 Mile Run (12:42)
Tuesday's Workout:
Cycling 20 minutes
Wednesday's Workout:
4 Miles (12:18)
Thursday's Workout:
1 hr. spin class
500 yard swim
Friday's Workout:
500 yard swim
Saturday's Workout:
9 Miles (12:42) -- deja vu' consistently slow
21 comments:
LOL! Triathlete stalker. You crack me up.
Hey, I got my kid a "My Mom is an Ironman" shirt and I make him wear it to "important places" as well.
I will have to find it and post it, but I have a pic from the Cancun 70.3 after party at Senor Frog's. I posed with a MILF sign. HA!!!
For those of us who are ITL and rarely venture OTL, where is this cool place in The Woodlands? Or is it your secret place? :-) Is it worth a field trip?
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAA You know who you remind me of? Lisa (Java) she's totally a stalker like that. I LOVE it!!
Nice Job on the 9 Miles and the 5lb loss! You are doing great.
Your Dr. is also a member of TWRC and one of the TNT rebels. Wow...smaller world.
Stalking pays off. You are too funny.
Great job on the 5 pounds. Keep it up!
VIv, I need to join you on the WW hardcore wagon. Somehow I decided a 5K with 336 calorie expenture warranted a starch pig out session today.
Oh, and when I grow up I want to be a stalker like you.
My aunt and uncle live in The Woodlands!
Thanks my 5k race went good! Yes PIM training is paying off, I ran it in 2 minutes less than my last 5k. Huge improvement for me. :)
Good luck on your Blue Bell 10k this weekend! Gooo Viv!!
Great job on the long run, Viv!!
Ahhh, if only I could get hardcore on Weight Watchers. Or stop buying junk food.
HA HA HA that's hilarious that you had him wear the shirt!! I'm cracking up.
You sneaky devil you. LOL I love your ulterior motives. ;)
9 miles....wow.
Oh and congrats on counting the points and getting back on track! Sadly, I blew it last weekend...as usual.
Tri-peeps are going to start showing up all the time, cause now we know what they look like :-) Great job on turning your expert stalking skills into something tangible!!
LOL, awesome that you found a tri club in the area..see stalking can be a productive pasttime!!! Oh and I'm with you on the MILF wannabe. :-) I will be hitting WW hardcore once the baby is here.
Ha ha - You silly stalker, you.
I think I might get a shirt made that says "I'm single" so when I run, single men will approach me. Ok, maybe not.
5 lbs? Holy crap! That's incredible!
We just bought that movie so you totally cracked me up! Wha? Marcy said I am a stalker? LOL! I am!!
I meant to say you want to be a MILF and I want to be a trophy wife! Are they one and the same? :>P Hotties either way, right?
I not only love your blog... but I stole its background. I'm so jealous of you. I can't swim, I've tried, I'm 30 and I can make it across my MIL's pool and thats about it. I will watch you and wish I could do all the marvalous things you do and cheer you on from the sidelines of blogging world. YOU ROCK!
Wouldn't that be a great benefit if you could get an optional kids shirt with the "my mom" or "my dad" for everyone one of your big races - now that would be cool! Way to go on the 5 lbs.
LMBO! at the stalker. I'm sort of that way too. That's funny!!!
I think you should go to the meeting. It will be good and encouraging to be around other triathetes.
Post a Comment