Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Double Down

That is what I always think of when I say 11. Speaking of which, I am behind on one of my famous movie reviews. Well, they are famous to me..hahaha!



3 out of 4 stars. Mostly because I love blackjack. If you are not in to cards and casinos much than it might be a pass for you. If you have those vices like myself well than stop watching World Poker Tour on ESPN2, and get to a movie theater.


I did my long run today, which was a couple days earlier than scheduled. I hesitated thinking it would be too much on the body, but went for it trying to ignore the pace on LT and enjoy it?!


I left from Northshore Park, and saw a bunch of moms with strollers doing what sounded like a boot camp. That instructor was tough. I was waiting to see if she would have them do over head presses with the strollers. Here is 1/4 of the group trying to catch up to their sprinting instructor. I wanted to catch a pic of them in action, but thought the drill sergeant would spot me and make drop and give her 20.






I also eavesdropped on officials from the CB&I Triathlon race measuring out the course, and discussing the transition area. I really wanted to do that tri, but the distances are pretty long for me with the 1/2 marathon in Cleveland two weeks following. Oh well, next year. Those chicks on the bikes really made me mad. On my way into the park on Lake Woodlands they were flying through the stop signs. They would not even slow down, and I had to hit the brakes hard not to hit them. I am a big believer in; If we want to share the road as cyclist than we must follow road rules. Goes to those A-holes who don't show courtesy to cyclists as well. Oh, wee I guess I got on to some soap box there, sorry.


I did stop at HEB (grocery store) on mile 5, and went grocery shopping...totally kidding. I had to use the bathroom, and pick up a G2. I got a bathroom shot for Marcy. As, I was standing outside sucking down my drink I saw the biker mom from Lil' Buster's school. I swear I wasn't stalking her this time. LOL! She, saw me said hello, and that it looked like I was in the middle of something serious.


Anhow, the run was beautiful on the eyes, and I took it easy on the legs. The picture of the house by the lake is for Nancy. I was thinking how she had a pic of a vase, and said she had vase envy. LOL! That is how I feel about this house every time I run past it. I even imagine how sweet it would be to live there, right by the trail, go rowing in the lake(I have never rowed, but looks like fun) and have a housekeeper clean it, blah blah. Anything, to make the miles pass on, right? It was a gorgeous day, and 11 is in the books with pen now.


















Wednesday's Workout:


Run 11 Miles (13:21)


I stopped the timer on the bathroom/G2 Break


Mile 1 (12:50) Mile 2 (13:43)


Mile 3 (13:36) Mile 4 (14:09)


Mile 5 (13:27) Mile 6 (12:22)


Mile 7 (13:26) Mile 8 (12:52)


Mile 9 (13:35) Mile 10 (14:18)


Mile 11 (12:35)


Tuesday's Workout:


Nothing I am slacking on the XT.


I will be back hardcore on a tri schedule once I get back from vacation.

15 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good job on the training front...

and Yes I need to go see "21" I love cards and yes my poker games toooooo, nothing beats a great bluff with CrapOla --LOL

Love the pics also!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Cool pics.
Can I link you to my page?

Viv said...

Al, please do so. I will do the same. Thanks

Al's CL Reviews said...

Cool. You are keeping me inspired.

E said...

Thanks for the tip on the movie. Hubby and I might go see it this weekend. Awesome job on the run and I love that you took pics. :)

Diario de Elysia said...

WTG to pound it out Vivi! You like the G2? I thought it tasted like cough syrup (fruit punch flavor)

So where are you going in PR? And so jealous that you will be lying on the beach sippin a mojito, and I am here fighting with DH!

Jess said...

Nice job on the 11! Looks like a scenic run.

I haven't seen "21" but I read the book "Bringing Down the House" that inspired it, and it was a good book. Makes me wish I were super smart so I could make some dough at card counting.

AnnaBanana said...

Man girl your kickin' a$$.

And you look pretty hawt in the BR pic!

Missed you at PIM tonight. (I went straight from boot camp to PIM - I want to be sexy like you.) Told Sarah & Laura about your shopping post & gave them goosebumps & happy tears - you should really submit that to Woman's Health or Reader's Digest!

The Young Family said...

Love that you took the camera on a run! That is great! OK I think I am officially addicted to your blog.

Wes said...

Wow Viv! This post has everything :-) My idea of fun is losing 100 dollars at the black jack table and drinking for free all night!!

OK. Dee Dee called me on the cell phone and I forgot all my pithy comments :-) LOL!!

Oh yea, I can't STAND cyclists who don't follow the laws of the road. Grrrrr!!

G2 is my drink of choice now :-) and I heart bathroom pics ROFL!!!

Have a good night!!

Yasmin said...

Just so you know, if you run a stop sign or traffic light on a bicycle, the ticket is the same as the one you'd get if you were in a car.

My brother found out the hard way.

Nancy said...

VIVALICIOUS!!! You did ELEVEN miles??!!?! YOU ROCK. And how do you get back to into the 12's on some of those miles? Once I go above 13, I seem to be a gonner. That is some great running. You're right, that house is really pretty. Thanks for the great pics!!

Nanc
XOXO

Marcy said...

Lookin good Viv REAL good!! ;D ;D And thanks for the BR shot, you know how much I love them LOL. AND I must say you have the most fabulous taste EVA because I also have that top :P

J Duarte said...

Are you ready for the Cinco de Mayo 5k?

I like your training regiment. Can you coach me :)

I'm concidering joining Houston Fit once PIM is over.

Keep up the awesome training!

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!! Nice job with your run!! Love the pics, I have house envy of that house as well!! I think it's good to give the brain a rest from XT now and then.