Monday, April 7, 2008

Advice

I need help, it will be a little T.M.I. , but I won't post pics because than this blog will change to a different kind of blog. I did pull Shane into the pantry after dinner and flashed him. At, first his face was like oh yea, getting some than he said, "gross, Viv!"


  1. I have serious chafing under my boobs. It started on my long run on Saturday. After, today's workout there are puss blisters (I wanted to make it plural but the spelling was tripping me out) under there. Needless to say it hurts. I have no idea what to put on there??
  2. I also have some chafing on my OK even more T.M.I. on my butt cheeks?! I am guessing from the bike since I wore running shorts. What do I put there? Is it time to invest in some cycling shorts?
  3. My running shoes are super dirty. Can they be washed? If so how? I just never thought of throwing $100 pair of shoes in the wash. Do I use gentle cycle?

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way :-) Today was my official weigh in day, and the 5lbs. was officially gone! I guess when you follow WeWa it works. I know the weight loss will slow down, but I am committed to keep losing.

Today's Workout:

BRICK

(rolling hills, well as hilly as it gets in the far west side of The Woodlands)

Bike 14.72 Miles 1:03 (14mph)

Run 4 Miles 51:40 (12:55)

15 comments:

Carly said...

OUCH VIV! As far as chaffing prevention I use body glide on every part of my body that is "rubbed". I have to do a complete outline my bra (front and back) and I do the inner thighs. I haven't chaffed since I started using it. Knock on wood.

Before body glide, I would use aquafore (sp) on the chaffed areas and take drugs.

Viv said...

Thanks Carly...I think I may have some aquaphor.

I usually body glide the inner thighs when I wear shorts, but I did not know about the boobs :-(

Live and learn, huh?!

E said...

I've never had a problem w/ chaffing, so I can't help you there. But I'm interested to see what others say.

PS- boot camp is awesome. :)

Yasmin said...

My mom swears by udderly smooth cream. She also swears by the cycling shorts, and so do I. I haven't really ridden anywhere near her or your mileage and I still love them. I was able to get some from dear ole mom. I'd check the stores for clearance items. Yes it feels like you're wearing a pad, but it's got to be better than the alternative.

She also swears up and down about a female specific seat.

As for chaffing, I use body glide, though the girls aren't as big as they used to be and I don't have the same chaffing issues.

Are you using a bra/shorts with moisture wicking properties? This may help as well. I'm a 34D (last time I was measured) and I like the Moving Comfort Fiona bra a fellow TriDiva suggested.

Definately put some neosporene (sp) on those blisters to speed your recovery.

J~Mom said...

I use body glide before every run all around the bra area and then neosporin after on those spots. You are not alone...it's not fun!!!

Marcy said...

Oooohhhh Viv I *heart* you!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bringing up the butt blisters LMAO!. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :P Awhile back when I used the rower a lot (I've since stopped that dreaded thing :P) I used to get blister in all places . . . by freeking butt crack LOL I tried lubing it, sticking gauze in there (ROFLMAO), etc . . . and it did get better for a bit but then when I would stop using the rower for a bit and then try to come back I would be at square one again. So long story short :P I just stopped using the rower LMAO! I honestly don't know what to tell you other than body glide and a lady seat?!?

Jess said...

Yeah, body glide everywhere! That, or vaseline, if you need super-duper glide.

And yes, you can wash your shoes in the washing machine; however, dirty shoes are a testament to your hard work and training. Why clean that up?

Bill D said...

For the TMI question, Vaseline or Body Glide is your best friend.

I do two things to keep my shoes somewhat clean. If I’m running the trails and come back muddy I’ll rinse them off with the garden hose while I’m still wearing them. The cool water always feels good. I may have to rinse them more when I take them off if I’m really muddy. I leave them on my porch to dry.

I have been known to put them in the washing machine from time to time. Once or twice during the life of the shoe to freshen them up. I wouldn't wash them any more than that.

I do rotate two pairs of shoes.

Leslie F. said...

I've never bothered to wash my shoes.

As for the chafing... I get it, too! Always around the sports-bra area, especially the under-breast band. It doesn't seem to happen when it's cool outside--only when it's warm and muggy. Given that it's getting there weather-wise now, I should probably go get some Body Glide or Vaseline...

triguyjt said...

nothing beats just zapping the shoes with the garden hose... air dry afterward if you can.,..

you probably had at least two pairs...just rotate.

of course, you also have two breasts ..but i can't offer personal experience on that one..when in doubt..use body glide.

good luck and in this day and age when the likes of oprah toss around "va-jay-jay" references, theres no such thing as TMI haha

Margo said...

OUCH!!! After using neosporine on those awful things, I suggest Vaseline. Body glide wasn't enough for my long runs, especially with warmer weather - it seemed like it was gone in an hour, so I switched to Vaseline. Good luck!

TX Runner Mom said...

Man, after I had the kiddo, I had to start using the body glide on my girls...chafing there sucks! The shower after running was hell! As for cycling shorts...get some! They aren't flattering at all, but they're pretty comfy. Sports Authority has some inexpensive ones.

Pokey said...

Oh, I can feel your pain. I mean, I HAVE felt your pain!

I agree with the others - Body Glide is magic. It will be your best friend. And like Carly, I also have a permanent bra outline...but mostly in the back. I consider it my badge of honor.

It sounds gross, but pretty soon your skin will toughen up, and those areas wont stay quite as sensitive.

Pokey said...

Oh yeah....and dirty running shoes are just another badge of honor. Dont even think about washing em!!!

:P

CoachLiz said...

Go over to Luke's Locker and get a good pair of tri shorts. I like them better than the cycling shorts because the pad is thiner in the tri shorts and it does not feel like you have the Sealy Posturpedic in your shorts.